League Cup R1: Oldham v Middlesbrough

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Green didn't even make the bench...

Have a feeling Poleon will start on Wednesday. Gunning should be nowhere near that line up if we can play Burn...Bolton forwards caused him nothing but problems never mind Mboro...

I'd try and keep relatively the same team maybe a couple of swaps at most. Can see Forte starting on the bench too.

Edited by aaronoafc

What help does losing heavily to any team do?

Put out a weakened side and they'll destroy us. We didn't win in our next 3 after Boro won 3-0 last season. Rather be competitive and take something from the game.

Also, who are we to be disregarding cup competitions? They've been the only source of enjoyment we've had following the club in a good few years.

Are we all forgetting the bad affect the 3-0 defeat had on us last season??

Mellor and Dayton given run outs in midfield effectively lost us the game, play your best 11 with a view to changing things later in the game, if Forte or Cassidy are struggling with two games in a week we could start with Poleon and Turner instead but for me its important the defence and midfield from Saturday remains intact, more minutes and strengthening the formation will stand us in good stead in the upcoming league games.

Gunning for me is a wasted signing, with no reserves team he has no chance of getting match fit and if he is called upon he could well be a liability.

Then what happened? His game fell away and he stopped scoring. I would leave him out of the squad on weds (for Green) then start Forte on saturday.

You want to drop Saturday's goalscorer for somebody who wasn't even on the bench and plays in a completely different position?

Think I read its £15 somewhere.

Don't think any club should treat cup games as a nuisance - particularly at this stage of the season.

Even a competitive single goal defeat will do more for the optimism and the belief in the team than putting another set of players/formation out.

Our only promotion in more than a quarter of a century was funded by success in these games.

There's only one to play this, especially if your DK and you're under pressure already. Go for the jugular 100% as there is little point planning for a day in the future where you might not be there.

Agree about going for it. Nothing would boost confidence more than a win on Wednesday at this stage of the season. Forte only played 30 mins on Saturday so the talk of 3 games in a week isn't quite right. If you want to be cautious play him for an hour but he's got to start for me. Forte for Turner would be my only change.

They should be shouting this from the rooftops aftera promising start on Saturday and kids being off school.

£10 adults, £2 under 12's to watch us against quality opposition

I honestly feel we sell ourselves short when it comes to advertising our cheaper games