• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joel Coleman

Connor Brown -- James Wilson -- Jonathan Burn -- Joseph Mills

Liam Kelly

Lee Croft -- Mike Jones

Danny Philliskirk

Rhys Turner -- Jonathan Forte

If Dunn still isn't match fit then that's what I would go with. Otherwise, Dunn in the #10 position and Philliskirk up top with Forte or Turner (can bring on off the bench for a little more pace later in the game).

I'm conjecturing that their gate v Southend would not be unduly affected by a Tuesday fixture, as ours wouldn't for many clubs from the north whom we could face.

I travelled to West Ham for a Boxing Day fixture 90/91 season that kicked off at midday. I had to set off at 4am. F'in joke! And we got beat 2-0.

Then Millwall away three days later - one of the worst 0-0's ever played.

Coleman

Brown Burn Wilson Mills

Kelly Jones

Winchester Dunn Forte

Philliskirk

I'd like to see this team. No chance it would happen.

Philliskirk as the lone striker? Really??!!

Oh, and Dunn's biggest achievement so far this season is finding a pair of shorts big enough to fit him.

Edited by Dave_Og

Philliskirk as the lone striker? Really??!!

Oh, and Dunn's biggest achievement so far this season is finding a pair of shorts big enough to fit him.

You clearly weren't at Boro or Walsall then...

Philly as striker, ahead of a 3/4 as good as Jones, Forte, Winchester and Dunn is something I'd be interested to see. Not really in a conventional striker's role, more a number 10 sort of thing.

He was at his best last season when playing alongside Daniel Johnson, and Dunn would be very similar in that respect. Think Rochdale away.

You clearly weren't at Boro or Walsall then...

Philly as striker, ahead of a 3/4 as good as Jones, Forte, Winchester and Dunn is something I'd be interested to see. Not really in a conventional striker's role, more a number 10 sort of thing.

He was at his best last season when playing alongside Daniel Johnson, and Dunn would be very similar in that respect. Think Rochdale away.

Fair point, I wasn't at the Boro or Walsall games but on Saturday my impression of him was a fat grey haired bloke who had obvious skill but limited running ability. I'm not sure on that basis that comparing him to Daniel Johnson is logical.

Struggle to see how anyone can play in the no 10 role without any forwards on the pitch. Sounds like the nonsensical (unless you are as good as Spain were) false 9 position to me.

I'll agree that it woudl be "interesting" but not convinced it would be in a good way!

We hsall see (or maybe not)!

Did he finish 2nd top sdcorer last season with 12 or was that the season before?

either way it is not a bad record. it shows he knows where the net is.

he gets a bad deal just becasue he can 'do a job' in several positions.

Fair point, I wasn't at the Boro or Walsall games but on Saturday my impression of him was a fat grey haired bloke who had obvious skill but limited running ability. I'm not sure on that basis that comparing him to Daniel Johnson is logical.

That's a fair assessment of his non performance on Saturday.

He was way, way better than Daniel Johnson against Boro and Walsall though.....

You'll be surprised at his running ability once you see him in full flow.

That's a fair assessment of his non performance on Saturday.

He was way, way better than Daniel Johnson against Boro and Walsall though.....

You'll be surprised at his running ability once you see him in full flow.

I am re-enthused. As I will be there tonight I hope to see the full flow version

Edited by Dave_Og

Struggle to see how anyone can play in the no 10 role without any forwards on the pitch. Sounds like the nonsensical (unless you are as good as Spain were) false 9 position to me.

I'll agree that it woudl be "interesting" but not convinced it would be in a good way!

We hsall see (or maybe not)!

The manager made a mistake bringing him on when we were defending the game. In his other two appearances he came on when the tactics were attacking, and he was able to have more freedom - I never got the impression his legs had gone on those two occasions.

I mentioned Rochdale away because we played without a striker for that match, and Philliskirk was the Number 10, and it obviously worked very well. Not a tactic you'd use at home but I reckon away from home it would be very effective.

We'll see how it pans out with Dunn, but I think there are comparisons to be made with him and Johnson. The style of their play seems similar.

Did he finish 2nd top sdcorer last season with 12 or was that the season before?

either way it is not a bad record. it shows he knows where the net is.

he gets a bad deal just becasue he can 'do a job' in several positions.

The Milner Affliction

The Milner Affliction

Or they aren't quite good enough to hold down one regular position? I like Danny as it goes. works hard and does find the net occasionally. That's not to say he should be a regular starter either!!

Edited by Lags

Forte just has not looked up for it to me the last few games, maybe he thinks he might be or should have been moving on but don't look arsed to me half the time. Murphy and Tuner would get the nod ahead of him for me.

He played great and scored at Walsall. He struggled against Boro, like most of them. He was poor v Fleetwood but not for want of trying, in my eyes.