Colchester away

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The injuries could get worrying quickly but if he's injured until the 4th September I'll be happy!

Kelly, Philliskirk and Forte all subbed with injuries tonight according to Latics Player.

Edited by BP1960

Fair play to Burn, coming into a defence that looked very shaky and helping them to 2 clean sheets and only conceding to a great strike. For a player who had never played league football prior to Walsall that's an impressive feat.

DK has shown that he is competent as well with this unbeaten league start. Hope the injury to the other Kelly isn't too bad.

Fair play to Burn, coming into a defence that looked very shaky and helping them to 2 clean sheets and only conceding to a great strike. For a player who had never played league football prior to Walsall that's an impressive feat.

DK has shown that he is competent as well with this unbeaten league start. Hope the injury to the other Kelly isn't too bad.

Someone put on here that Burn reminded them of Jobson. High praise but bang on. Impressed

Interesting game tonight, I think we looked a much better team than when we drew with them 2-2 at the start of last season.

Coleman had nothing much to do and their keeper also had little action aside from a long range shot from Kelly and a good save from Croft

At the back Burn was excellent again, although he was getting a little over confident towards the end of the first half and a couple of slightly dangerous flicks instead of safety first but overall what a find and this lad could have a real future

Brown and Wilson were fine and I actually thought Mills did really well as it seemed Colchester were targeting him with lots of diagonal balls

In the middle Kelly and Jones were their usual selves and Croft worked hard but missed 2 great chances, one of which he should have tucked in. Forte played well in patches but gave the ball away a few too many times

Up front was the problem, the ball just came back too easily off Turner and Philly, it wasn't that they played badly but there is just no one looking to receive that killer pass or get on the end of a cross.....Cassidy would have probably been the difference between 1 or 3 points tonight

The positives for me are that we have such a strong midfield and when you can bring on Dunne and Green, who looked very classy, you are finishing the game strongly. How many times under Johnson did we settle for a point in games like this, under DK with this strength in depth we are able to push on into injury time.

The players are putting in a shift and the substitutions and organisation from DK looks spot on, nothing to complain about, we are just too light up front . If we can sort that then we have a very decent chance of doing something this season.

As usual, great support from a couple of hundred diehards tonight.

Heard Croft could have put Green in too but chose the wrong option?

Admire his work rate but the lad can't hit a barn door...

Win on saturday and it's a good start to the season, surprisingly the defence isn't looking to bad (Though it was mainly Coleman on saturday lets be honest).

Burn has looked top notch whenever I've seen him how was he last night?

Not too bad of a start considering Fleetwood beat bury AT bury and Walsall beat Dale AT Dale.

Think we'll bring in a big lad loan signing in next couple days for Cassidy

Think someone will have to be shipped out for that to happen....... Murphy, who just scraped a place on the bench last night would be my bet.

He will be on decent money I would think and by the look of it unless half the team is injured he's just not going to play.

He could become yet another victim of the strikers graveyard that is BP!!

Think someone will have to be shipped out for that to happen....... Murphy, who just scraped a place on the bench last night would be my bet.

He will be on decent money I would think and by the look of it unless half the team is injured he's just not going to play.

He could become yet another victim of the strikers graveyard that is BP!!

I think a loan move for murphy would be a win win situation if it enables us to get a loan in to cover cassidy and also enables murphy game time and hopefully i few goals. Get the lad some confidence back

Wouldn't mind signing Kevin Davies on a 6 month deal

I thought we might have been in for him before now, based purely on the fact that I've heard him speak quite highly of us a few times since his release from Preston. Saying he always enjoys coming to BP(done one or two of our games on GMR) likes the set up & the way the club feels etc.

That's a fair assessment of his non performance on Saturday.

He was way, way better than Daniel Johnson against Boro and Walsall though.....

You'll be surprised at his running ability once you see him in full flow.

I'll revise my view up to a point having seen him twice now.

Clearly hugely skilful and with great vision although it's worth pointing out that almost all of the beautiful to look at passes failed to find their target. Now there are two ways of looking at that and, granted, one of them would be that his colleagues are not as good as he is, but the fact is they all led to nothing.

I won't revise my view yet on his fitness level and that is close to inexcusable in my book. For someone who until not much more a month ago thought he should still be a championship player to be in that condition in the second half of August isn't really on and doesn't smack of great motivation to me.

Hope he can do for us what he was obviously capable of but I'm still firmly sat down in the jury room.

What's the point of all these forwards if the only way we can set up is with a big lad leading the line. For as long as I can remember we haven't had the striking options that we have now and yet we still feel the need to bring in another.... Can we only play one way??

What's the point of all these forwards if the only way we can set up is with a big lad leading the line. For as long as I can remember we haven't had the striking options that we have now and yet we still feel the need to bring in another.... Can we only play one way??

We had the striking options we have now last season. All of them. And we didn't score many goals at all.