James Tarkowski

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a question about the money from the stand going back into the club read out on gmr last week.

Neil Joy answered it and to put it bluntly he basically said of course money will be going back into the club we have invested x amount in biildin it.

I think they may of only read part of my question because although I would expect match day revenue to go to the club that is all I suspect we will see.

Their are loads of unawsered question that need answers. I hear conflicting stuff all the time. We pay oec rent then they pay us rent etc the club could end it all by answering and being honest ffs. The lies will only make it worse. From where am standing it seems the club have paid/loaned the money to build the stand.Leaving the OEC to start up and make money in vast amounts using the stand 6/7 days the football club does not. The business model is brilliant good for the club if OEC pays a fair share to the club and should increase our playing budget l. What I suspect is happening is OEC is going to make a :censored: load a reasonable amount of money pay little as possible into the club not being arsed it loses out if its in league one rather than two and leave the club saddled with the debt we owe to the OEC owners. Its win win for them. If anyone wants to buy us we still are saddled with the debt.

I guess it will take another 12/18 months before we will see if the new stand and oec really will make us more competative as a club. Although as I say above I doubt it the money will be all going to the oec. I will gladly hold my hands up if I am wrong. I remember Simon Corney saying something along the lines of the sports direct deal would make us one of the bigger budgets in the league or a bigger fish in the division. Since then all we have seen on the playing side of things is cost cutting.

I feel the damage between fans and club (owners)at the moment is fast becoming irepairable. When season tickets are being renewed we will get the people who have a blind loyalty auto renewing (not a dig at anyone there btw) but Simon corney take not there are a lot and I mean a lot of fans adiment they will not be renewing and that is down to you and only you. Last week I felt we was all going to pull together and things would get better. Yet again the çlub have :censored:ed it within a week. If the clause has gone tell us so we can all accept it and stop the speculating sometimes I think the club love it when the fans are on one.

Anyway thats my thoughts on the matter.

You ahve many valid popints and they are well put, but I have amended it a bit where i think the situation lies. SO not a million miles off really.

'We can, however, confirm that our football club has received a sizeable fee relating to the original transfer and further substantial payments relating to add-ons and that some of the figures quoted in the media are inaccurate.'

That reads that to me that we have received a few payments. If we had sold the clause then it would be one payment wouldn't it?

Edited by palmer1

Even with a confidentiality agreement in place what's stopping the club from saying that they sold the clause?

They didn't deny it so it was sold. I'm sure we probably did OK from it but doing OK and getting a slice of 6 mill plus are very different things.

Why is everything so bloody secretive and handled so poorly.

All they have to do to stop all the questions and rumours is issue a statement like-

We are all delighted for Tarky, whilst we had no financial interest in the latest transfer

OAFC are more than happy with the previous settlements received.

End of .

'We can, however, confirm that our football club has received a sizeable fee relating to the original transfer and further substantial payments relating to add-ons and that some of the figures quoted in the media are inaccurate.'

That reads that to me that we have received a few payments. If we had sold the clause then it would be one payment wouldn't it?

Why would it?

It reads to me that while in hindsight we could have got more money by holding onto the sell on clause the club are pretty happy with what they got overall from selling Tarky all things considered.

They're probably a bit bemused at how much boiling of piss there is over it. Well, probably not but you know what I mean.....

All they have to do to stop all the questions and rumours is issue a statement like-

We are all delighted for Tarky, whilst we had no financial interest in the latest transfer

OAFC are more than happy with the previous settlements received.

End of .

Simple statement, clears up what everone is asking.

Instead they pretend they are answering the question but don't. Whilst thinking the fans are so thick as :censored: they won't notice

Edited by NIKI1234

Even with a confidentiality agreement in place what's stopping the club from saying that they sold the clause?

All they have to do to stop all the questions and rumours is issue a statement

Why would/should they?

All the questions and rumours are just from people obsessing about it on the internet. Corney probably hasn't even read any of it. I wouldn't if I were him.

Get over yourselves ffs :lol:

Why would it?

It reads to me that while in hindsight we could have got more money by holding onto the sell on clause the club are pretty happy with what they got overall from selling Tarky all things considered.

They're probably a bit bemused at how much boiling of piss there is over it. Well, probably not but you know what I mean.....

Because it mentions payments aswell as the original fee as opposed to a one off fee.

Simple statement, clears up what everone is asking.

Instead they pretend they are answering the question but don't. Whilst thinking the fans are so thick as :censored: they won't notice

"We sold it for [insert figure of your choice]" - what are you going to do with that information?

"We didn't sell it" - what are you going to do with that information?

Why would/should they?

All the questions and rumours are just from people obsessing about it on the internet. Corney probably hasn't even read any of it. I wouldn't if I were him.

Get over yourselves ffs :lol:

I didn't say they should!

I don't think they should have said anything but they released a statement which is going to cause more bitching and moaning!

I love that statement.

We got some cash, then some more cash, don't believe the press. Then :censored: you Micah and Porter! And just before Corney's veins in the side of his head popped the webgimp tagged on that bit about our youth setup being a good stepping stone, which it is so full marks to him, he earned his corn today.