James Tarkowski

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure after having their fingers burnt with the Richards saga where people were expecting him to go for millions they decided they didn't want to take the risk of missing out on free cash again. No win situation for them. If they cashed it in and he got sold they lose because they get slated. If they'd have waited and he ran down his contract and they got nothing then people would have been up in arms that they didn't sell the clause.

They keep making the wrong decision though. Sadly it's becoming something of a habit.

I'm sure after having their fingers burnt with the Richards saga where people were expecting him to go for millions they decided they didn't want to take the risk of missing out on free cash again. No win situation for them. If they cashed it in and he got sold they lose because they get slated. If they'd have waited and he ran down his contract and they got nothing then people would have been up in arms that they didn't sell the clause.

Sell ons are just bonus money, no way you can budget for it and I've never heard of any other club selling one.

Well it all started with Ched Evans and ended with this bombshell....anus horribilis is a :censored:in understatement.

Is there anything else Joy wants to apologise for??

You could not make this :censored: up!!!

I have never been so disillusioned over the running of this football club.......how much more is there to come out?

Charlton seem to have hit the right note with their Support the Team, not the Regime campaign.

Indeed. I think that public pressure through the media (Chron etc) is important. If enough people put enough pressure on local journos, they might actually start publicising our concerns (and not club PR) and perhaps even provoke the club into some sort of adequate response... Mind you, they don't want to risk losing access at the club so....

In January 2014 The Chron reported: "Brentford are said to be ready to offer £300,000, with a potential extra £100,000 in add-ons for (Tarkowski)." If that was true, and the sell out of the sell on clause at £150k was also true, it would mean Latics would have got a maximum of £550,000 for Tarky.

If Latics had been offered a straight cash deal of £550k in 2014, would we have considered this to be reasonable at the time for a 21 year old in his first full season?

In January 2014 The Chron reported: "Brentford are said to be ready to offer £300,000, with a potential extra £100,000 in add-ons for (Tarkowski)." If that was true, and the sell out of the sell on clause at £150k was also true, it would mean Latics would have got a maximum of £550,000 for Tarky.

If Latics had been offered a straight cash deal of £550k in 2014, would we have considered this to be reasonable at the time for a 21 year old in his first full season?

No, Crewe sell their best young players for millions.

He was miles ahead of Tarkowski at the time though.

Agree to some extent. Worth 10 times more?

But the potential of Tarkowski was there for all to see. We should have had massive sell on clauses in place if we were going to let him go for a tenth of what they got for McGuire.

No the nasty boys don't believe me and owtb has turned into a dictatorship where the popular gang only believe what they want and are oblivious to the fools we have running the club unless it smacks them in the face. Apart from that I am good lol You sweetheart? lol

Didn't know a 'popular gang' existed? It's only a message board don't take things to heart... None of us know anything we all speculate.

Agree to some extent. Worth 10 times more?

But the potential of Tarkowski was there for all to see. We should have had massive sell on clauses in place if we were going to let him go for a tenth of what they got for McGuire.

It would seem we weren't in a position to do so.

Could we have held on until the summer and got more? Only the lads know.

How much did Sheff United get for Harry McGuire? £4 million wasn't it?!

About the time we sold Tarky, Hartlepool sold their

young CH that was on a par with him and they got £1 Mill.

Always thought we were unlucky with deals, now I realise it's just

sheer incompetence.

How SC has made a successful business in the states defies believe

sheer incompetence.

500k.

sheer incompetence.

I have met some very wealthy businessmen who have been very 'lucky' to partner up with someone intelligent!

At the time of selling Tarky I mentioned that Hartlepool lad and was shouted down

Blitz and co put an extra 2 mill or whatever in for the stand but suddenly we are so peppermint that they wouldn't go for an extra 150k.

Excuse me whilst I suspend my disbelief...

Sorry yeah they're rolling in it hence the timely and well facilitated build. Ffs, the club has funded the majority of that stand.

Sorry yeah they're rolling in it hence the timely and well facilitated build. Ffs, the club has funded the majority of that stand.

Where will the future income/profit from the new stand be going?

Would you boycott the new stand if it was found all profits where not going back into the club?