James Tarkowski

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cashed an investment in early once because I had various reasons for doing so. If I'd hung onto it it would have probably been worth more. Although on the other hand It might not have been. But I needed/wanted the money then and I was happy with what I was getting all things considered. What I was using it for was important to me.

Flogging Tarky's sell on looks a bad move on the face of it but we've no idea what the money was used for and how important it was that the club got their hands on that money at the time they did...

You win some, you lose some. For every Tarky we'll have a Neal Trotman.

Edited by HarryBosch

That statement is so full of contempt it's unbelievable. Basically it's the board saying - thanks for enquiring about the sell-on clause but it's got :censored: all to do with you so keep your :censored:ing nose out our business.

Appreciate there's confidentiality clauses about actual percentages being declared but the club wouldn't be in breach of any confidentiality clause by saying that they settled early.

Even if there was, I'm not bothered about whether they cashed in early for a lower amount. I'm more interested in whether that money has gone into strengthening the squad or funding the stand, which isn't owned by the club. Income from transfers should be invested back into the playing side of the club or the stand IF that stand is owned by the club. If it's true that transfer income has been used to fund the stand then that's syphoning income out of the club into projects that don't directly influence the financial future of the club....some may argue that the stand income is being invested back into the playing side but asking for confirmation of this will be met with the same smoke and mirrors statement as today.

Edited by Midsblue

I cashed an investment in early once because I had various reasons for doing so. If I'd hung onto it it would have probably been worth more. Although on the other hand It might not have been. But I needed/wanted the money then and I was happy with what I was getting all things considered. What I was using it for was important to me.

Flogging Tarky's sell on looks a bad move on the face of it but we've no idea what the money was used for and how important it was that the club got their hands on that money at the time they did...

You win some, you lose some. For every Tarky we'll have a Neal Trotman.

Wise words

Am I the only one who read that statement and concluded that maybe we didn't sell the sell-on clause? I took "confidential details" to mean the nitty-gritty, ins and outs of the deal which absolutely should be confidential.

Saying that, if the club had been a bit more transparent on the whole matter there would be a lot less sh*t to scrape off the walls.

One thing this has done is kill the good start of positivity Shez had built...back to square one already and I fear this negativity will lead to a loss bs Blackpool

I feel sorry for Shez. He came here and Corney stated in the media that he will get Shez all the transfer targets he asked for. There's more backtracking on that statement by the day with the constant teasing of players being signed imminently and big names at that.

Yesterday was the opportunity to sign players and get a few days training under their belts ahead of Blackpool. We had weeks prior to yesterday to plan, approach and secure signings....it obviously didn't happen.

The statement from Shez reminds of the one from Johnson when he was forced to comment about Ched Evans signing because the board hid away in the boardroom. Make a statement but make sure that statement paints the board positively and the board are fully supporting the manager with the manager loving them in return.

The statement from Shez reminds of the one from Johnson when he was forced to comment about Ched Evans signing because the board hid away in the boardroom. Make a statement but make sure that statement paints the board positively and the board are fully supporting the manager with the manager loving them in return.

The statement from Judas made out that it was nothing at all to do with him, lying little fcuker. very different

Indeed so we have helped to fund a new stand which has took us down, so is it unreasonable to ask where any income/profits will be going from the new stand?

If found that it is not going back into the club would fans tolerate this?

No it's not.

Seems to me Brass Banks own the land. OAFC own the buildings (with all the expense of upkeep) and pay a lease to Brass Banks. Which means when the lease runs out the buildings also belong to Brass Banks.

The OEC rents the North Sand from OAFC, which gives OAFC an income. The gym, coffee shop and offices may also pay rent to OAFC, (unless that's included with the part that OEC run).

All profits from events in the OEC go to OEC. I am hoping OAFC gets a small percentage of OEC profits, or maybe just the income from match day bars and a percentage of the hospitality on match days.

In other words all the expense, interest payments and risk are loaded onto the accounts of OAFC, and all the profits go to Brass Banks and OEC.

I feel sorry for Shez. He came here and Corney stated in the media that he will get Shez all the transfer targets he asked for. There's more backtracking on that statement by the day with the constant teasing of players being signed imminently and big names at that.

Yesterday was the opportunity to sign players and get a few days training under their belts ahead of Blackpool. We had weeks prior to yesterday to plan, approach and secure signings....it obviously didn't happen.

I remember him saying he'll back the manager wth signings but not saying 'all The transfer targets he asks for' Edited by super_blue

The club release no statement and everybody speculates as to whether or not we actually got anything. Lots of bollocks about 'I know this' and 'I know that'.

The club then release a statement and people whine about it, claiming it tells you nothing etc etc.

I tell you what, it's depressing going to the games these days but it's damn gut churning coming on here. Some people need to pull their heads out of their arses and realise the club owe them absolutely NOTHING. If they don't want to tell you how much they got for whatever deal they don't have to do. And if corney and co do read anything on here then it's no wonder they keep so much secret. Unbelievable.

This is my first post for god knows how long and probably my last for as long too. I just can't handle it.

The club release no statement and everybody speculates as to whether or not we actually got anything. Lots of bollocks about 'I know this' and 'I know that'.

The club then release a statement and people whine about it, claiming it tells you nothing etc etc.

I tell you what, it's depressing going to the games these days but it's damn gut churning coming on here. Some people need to pull their heads out of their arses and realise the club owe them absolutely NOTHING. If they don't want to tell you how much they got for whatever deal they don't have to do. And if corney and co do read anything on here then it's no wonder they keep so much secret. Unbelievable.

This is my first post for god knows how long and probably my last for as long too. I just can't handle it.

It'll be even more depressing next season in the 4th division-both at BP and on here

By the same token the club needs the fans or it dies, can the board handle that?

Why is everything so bloody secretive and handled so poorly.

All they have to do to stop all the questions and rumours is issue a statement like-

We are all delighted for Tarky, whilst we had no financial interest in the latest transfer

OAFC are more than happy with the previous settlements received.

End of .

I'm going to put you forward as new spokesman.

No it's not.

Seems to me Brass Banks own the land. OAFC own the buildings (with all the expense of upkeep) and pay a lease to Brass Banks. Which means when the lease runs out the buildings also belong to Brass Banks.

The OEC rents the North Sand from OAFC, which gives OAFC an income. The gym, coffee shop and offices may also pay rent to OAFC, (unless that's included with the part that OEC run).

All profits from events in the OEC go to OEC. I am hoping OAFC gets a small percentage of OEC profits, or maybe just the income from match day bars and a percentage of the hospitality on match days.

In other words all the expense, interest payments and risk are loaded onto the accounts of OAFC, and all the profits go to Brass Banks and OEC.

As a OAFC seems a great deal, glad i bought one of the posh bricks now.