James Tarkowski

Anyone else think Dunn was being a smug **** on Twitter when he talked about the transfer, knowing full well we had sold the clause?

In his first tweet he was pleased for us thinking like we did and there was a big sell on fee.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club release no statement and everybody speculates as to whether or not we actually got anything. Lots of bollocks about 'I know this' and 'I know that'.

The club then release a statement and people whine about it, claiming it tells you nothing etc etc.

I tell you what, it's depressing going to the games these days but it's damn gut churning coming on here. Some people need to pull their heads out of their arses and realise the club owe them absolutely NOTHING. If they don't want to tell you how much they got for whatever deal they don't have to do. And if corney and co do read anything on here then it's no wonder they keep so much secret. Unbelievable.

This is my first post for god knows how long and probably my last for as long too. I just can't handle it.

This 'Age of Technology' makes it easy for keyboard warriors to voice their opinions and big-up their self importance. It is anonymity at its finest.

The sheer amount of :censored: and vitriol posted on Twitter is actually embarrassing. People who consider themselves "in the know" or people who just spout so much misdirected bollocks...it really beggars belief. It's football not :censored:ing politics!

You are right, the club owes us nothing and we do not have the divine right to be privy to everything the owners and directors do.

Whatever happened to going to a match on a Saturday, watching the football and then going home or to the pub?

All this having to know the ins-and-outs of a duck's arse, it's :censored:ing annoying and actually gets in the way of watching the game and enjoying the sport.

Go to the match, enjoy the moment. If that's not possible, then don't go and do something else instead.

This 'Age of Technology' makes it easy for keyboard warriors to voice their opinions and big-up their self importance. It is anonymity at its finest.

The sheer amount of :censored: and vitriol posted on Twitter is actually embarrassing. People who consider themselves "in the know" or people who just spout so much misdirected bollocks...it really beggars belief. It's football not :censored:ing politics!

You are right, the club owes us nothing and we do not have the divine right to be privy to everything the owners and directors do.

Whatever happened to going to a match on a Saturday, watching the football and then going home or to the pub?

All this having to know the ins-and-outs of a duck's arse, it's :censored:ing annoying and actually gets in the way of watching the game and enjoying the sport.

Go to the match, enjoy the moment. If that's not possible, then don't go and do something else instead.

so what are you doing on here?

On the other side of the coin fans no longer go to the ground with placards demanding the board resign.

Guest nonaenever

used to love those old men with "the end of the world is nigh" placards in the 70s 80s - whatever happened to them - perhaps the end of their world was nigh?!

I feel sorry for Shez. He came here and Corney stated in the media that he will get Shez all the transfer targets he asked for. There's more backtracking on that statement by the day with the constant teasing of players being signed imminently and big names at that.

Yesterday was the opportunity to sign players and get a few days training under their belts ahead of Blackpool. We had weeks prior to yesterday to plan, approach and secure signings....it obviously didn't happen.

The statement from Shez reminds of the one from Johnson when he was forced to comment about Ched Evans signing because the board hid away in the boardroom. Make a statement but make sure that statement paints the board positively and the board are fully supporting the manager with the manager loving them in return.

Sounds like Cameron's EU negotiations.

Think one of our main problems is we let players go on the cheap. I am sure most will accept the fact that we are and always will be a selling club, but do we have to take bottom dollar for our assets ? Crewe over the years have uncovered star players and they have played hard ball when it comes to getting the right amount of cash for them. Seth Johnson, Dean Ashton, Rob Hulse, Nicky Maynard have all gone for over a million quid. Why do we seem to think its ok to flog Tarky for approx £300000 ? The problem we have now is other clubs know full well that they can bid rock bottom and probably come away with the player they want, Crewe on the other hand must have a reputation for not accepting low ball offers.

Crewe may have got better deals for their players....but it doesn't look like they invest it back into the playing side. I bet their fans want to know where their money from those sales has gone. How many times have they been out of the bottom 4 when in league 1?

Think one of our main problems is we let players go on the cheap. I am sure most will accept the fact that we are and always will be a selling club, but do we have to take bottom dollar for our assets ? Crewe over the years have uncovered star players and they have played hard ball when it comes to getting the right amount of cash for them. Seth Johnson, Dean Ashton, Rob Hulse, Nicky Maynard have all gone for over a million quid. Why do we seem to think its ok to flog Tarky for approx £300000 ? The problem we have now is other clubs know full well that they can bid rock bottom and probably come away with the player they want, Crewe on the other hand must have a reputation for not accepting low ball offers.

I agree that our negotiations appear weak but in fairness we haven't had anyone anywhere near that calibre to sell! Plus how many times have Crewe finished above us in the last 20 years?

As a limited company, will our records be made public, so finding out what we earned from the transfer wont be hard?

(I don't know, it is a question for those who do)

Edited by pukka

As a limited company, will our records be made public, so finding out what we earned from the transfer wont be hard?

(I don't know, it is a question for those who do)

Yep. Will be on Companies House when our audited accounts are published. Not sure when this is as on my phone at the moment. Bare in mind that it will be grouped with other fees received i.e Philliskirk, so you will never know the exact value.

Crewe may have got better deals for their players....but it doesn't look like they invest it back into the playing side. I bet their fans want to know where their money from those sales has gone. How many times have they been out of the bottom 4 when in league 1?

They may be at the foot end of league one, but if they didn't play hardball they may have been in the conference.

Yep. Will be on Companies House when our audited accounts are published. Not sure when this is as on my phone at the moment. Bare in mind that it will be grouped with other fees received i.e Philliskirk, so you will never know the exact value.

As o4u says, we're below the size threshold. Unaudited abridged accounts only. My accounting is fairly rusty, but I think transfer fees would be reflected as the value of players' registrations under intangible assets. For the last published accounts (y/e 2014) that was £14k (bear in mind that's a net reflection of additions, disposals and the value of contracts in place).

The value of Tarky's transfer may also be split across accounting periods, depending on how the deal was structured. The sale of the sell-on clause won't likely be in the same year.

The private company filing deadline for accounts for club's current financial year is March 2017, so don't hold your breath for anything useful or timely.

Edited by Crusoe

Why are fees grouped together? a proper audit would demand items are individualised. That's what happened where I worked, football clubs should be no different.

Oh dear...the day folk start listening to the "we have no right to know about finances" bollocks that Blue Jazzer, Wardie, Stagger Lee and several others are peddling is the day folk deserve every disaster we hit!

They must think that Chris Moore was a decent guy!

Edited by boundaryblue80

They may be at the foot end of league one, but if they didn't play hardball they may have been in the conference.

So by your own admission...the fact we DONT play hardball means this possible forthcoming relegation could soon be followed by another...

But hey...let's not worry about that eh!

Why are fees grouped together? a proper audit would demand items are individualised. That's what happened where I worked, football clubs should be no different.

They're a small company, don't even need an audit which pretty much allows them to do what they want.

Oh dear...the day folk start listening to the "we have no right to know about finances" bollocks that Blue Jazzer, Wardie, Stagger Lee and several others are peddling is the day folk deserve every disaster we hit!

They must think that Chris Moore was a decent guy!

We don't do though. Do we?

I understand why people want to know but that doesn't mean we have a right to know.

Edited by HarryBosch