• yes immediately
    • give him another 4 games
    • give him until christmas
    • no he is the man to take us forward

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Prozac mentions in an earlier post, our current management team has stats of only 3 wins in 25 games whilst scoring 19 goals !

With the best squad we've had in a long time.

This is what baffles me - Corney has let us sign and, more importantly, keep decent players. A better manager is neither here nor there in comparison costwise...

I don't get it...

The poll's a difficult one. On the one hand, I thought he was a very poor appointment right from the off. Nothing has convinced me otherwise since. But, at the same time, I think managers should be given a fair crack of the whip and you can't really argue that he's had that. I don't blame Kelly really; he optimistically chucked an application in and was handed a job I believe he completely out of his depth with. It's the club's fault for putting him there in the first place.

He looked like a rabbit in the headlights yesterday.

Especially being stood (motionless & friendless) a few yards from an experienced, previously successful Phil Parkinson who was continuously in conference with his coaching staff, animated & instructing his players....

There was a letter think was on the Oldham blue and white barmy army Facebook page from a ex coaching colleague of Kelly's in Northern Ireland who actually was the assessor for one of Kelly's coaching badges and Kelly failed his assessment yet was sent a certificate later in error by the Northern Irish FA saying he'd passed and from there was put on further courses which at that time he wasn't qualified enough to be on.

Don't shoot the messenger just telling you what was said in the letter.

If Paul Scholes was the manager and we had exactly the same record, teams, tactics etc then there would definitely not be a 10 page thread about getting rid of him after 6 games.

But most of you would have been buzzing about the respected Paul Scholes being appointed manager (not me, the red bastard).

Most of us were the polar opposite about the unknown Kelly and performances have very quickly suggested we were right to be so....

What is that people don't (or are pretending not to) understand about that.....???

There was a letter think was on the Oldham blue and white barmy army Facebook page from a ex coaching colleague of Kelly's in Northern Ireland who actually was the assessor for one of Kelly's coaching badges and Kelly failed his assessment yet was sent a certificate later in error by the Northern Irish FA saying he'd passed and from there was put on further courses which at that time he wasn't qualified enough to be on.

Don't shoot the messenger just telling you what was said in the letter.[/

The classic don't shoot the messenger - I'd love to see this letter . Presumably it had a name on it?

Don't shoot the messenger just telling you what was said in the letter.[/

The classic don't shoot the messenger - I'd love to see this letter . Presumably it had a name on it?

But most of you would have been buzzing about the respected Paul Scholes being appointed manager (not me, the red bastard).

Most of us were the polar opposite about the unknown Kelly and performances have very quickly suggested we were right to be so....

What is that people don't (or are pretending not to) understand about that.....???

My beef isn't with the fans directly, it's with the board. Kelly was never going to be given the time a more recognised appointment would have had and they should have known that.

I wouldn't have gone with scholes either by the way, I wanted an experienced motivator (Dowie) in as soon as Johnson went.

I was very uneasy about the Kelly appointment. I was nervous about his ability to do the job, but more than that the mood among the fans was pretty delicate, patience was being tested, and it wouldn't take much for things to turn sour.

1 league defeat and that's pretty much happened.

I struggle with this 'best squad in years' stuff. Best bunch of midfielders maybe but keepers, defenders and forwards...?

Decent keeper with potential to become very good, Wilson, Mills, Dieng, better loanees than we've been used to in Burn & O'Connell, Cassidy looked the business for the short time we saw him, we've kept last seasons 15 goal topscorer (we don't normally do so), even Murphy produced a good cameo yesterday alongside Turner who must surely come good.....?

I wasn't at all happy with the appointment, but after it was made I fell into the let's give him chance camp especially after he was telling us about his attacking philosophy.

But after what I've seen so far, we need to get rid of him as soon as possible before we drop too far into a relegation battle. All this with what has been largely agreed is our strongest squad going into a season for sometime.

Turner may come good, although he has more than a hint of Ryan Brooke about him...

He's gone backwards under Kelly too.

He looked to be approacghing being ready to start week in, week out last season and scored a few - this season so far, nothing.

Although he looked much better in a two with Murphy on Saturday.

Didn't Redfearn have a great record at Leeds until his assistant Thompson was sacked?

Thompson was on loan here was upon a time wasn't he? Left back?

Redfearn did little wrong at Leeds with youngsters other than have a very odd chairman to get in the way fortunately no such people at BP. However his record isnt that great in the hot seat.... lost 52 of 100 games. .... Redfearn's spell as the Head Of Academy was heavily praised due to the influx of Leeds academy players breaking through into the first team such as Dom Poleon.

At Leeds Redfearn had the exact opposite of Kelly's situation here.

Kelly is on a hiding to nothing whereas Redfearn could do no wrong given the situation he had to suffer.

His record was middling but, again, you can't read much into it given the turmoil the club was in.

As a potential Oldham manager he's a very experienced coach, can & has managed a bit and has done in less than ideal circumstances and is a club legend whose appointment would lift everybody apart from the "stop living in the past" brigade.

He'd be a solid appointment even if he had no prior association with us.