FT: Oldham 1 Bradford 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did it take us until we were 1 goal and player down to have our first spell of attacking football?

We started off like the away side hoping to absorb pressure and go on the break, and it was dire. They pressed high and squeezed us so that Forte was isolated.

They struggled more to contain us when we actually played with a positive attitude, and had we started that way it'd have been a procession, because they were a poor side.

Generally passing was poor and it's quite clear to see that Jones is better in the middle. Semi-thankful Forte is banned now because he is a total waste up front on his own and perhaps it will force Kelly's hand into something different.

Yeates very good and thought all the subs had good cameos.

Why did it take us until we were 1 goal and player down to have our first spell of attacking football?

We started off like the away side hoping to absorb pressure and go on the break, and it was dire. They pressed high and squeezed us so that Forte was isolated.

They struggled more to contain us when we actually played with a positive attitude, and had we started that way it'd have been a procession, because they were a poor side.

Generally passing was poor and it's quite clear to see that Jones is better in the middle. Semi-thankful Forte is banned now because he is a total waste up front on his own and perhaps it will force Kelly's hand into something different.

Yeates very good and thought all the subs had good cameos.

Absolutely bang on. I do have time for Forte and we should as he is obviously one of our better players. That is proven. However there were many examples in the game were we simply hoofed it from defence up front...and with one up front how can that work. My hope is exhausted today.

Very disappointed. I haven't been impressed by any of our three home performances this season. Three average sides have created about 15-20 genuine goal-scoring chances. We're losing the battle every week in midfield and we don't have the players to fit into our attacking play.

Ultimately this is because of the system. There can be no doubting it. We had four players out of position this afternoon. Although Forte was idotic for getting himself sent off, I also sympathise with him. He's evidently frustrated by being told to stay up top on his own. He flapped his arms on a few occasions leading up to the red card.

Yet when we altered and went with two up front we looked dangerous. Kellu has to address this now because on the balance of the six performances thus far, we'll be relegated. I firmly believe that.

One win in eight. And we don't deserve anymore. In fact, we're fortunate to have seven points.

Whos effing idea is it to waterlog the pitch before kick off and at half time? Jesus christ it pissed it down last night!!!!

Game of two halfs but I did have a quick grunt at this....the ball slowed on a couple of occasions and Forte slipped in a good position in the first half. Do we really need this much water?

I'm not a massive fan of Connor Brown, but why the :censored: was he sat on the bench whilst we played a centre half at full back...?

Height, Brown (or Wilson, B.) would have been on a hiding to nothing with hoof ball Bradford, I had a flashback to Southampton 6-0 when they just kept hitting diagonal balls to Lambert jumping against our full-back.

We looked a lot better when we went 3 at the back with Yeates as RWB

all for giving kelly a chance but today its cost me £50 to just get in with misses and two kids goin matchday club granted i dont pay to watch us win, but to have no threat uptop at home is shocking. then food drinks good 100 quid and for what? 2real attempts at goal? we was poor today amd it needs change quickly otherwise we will struggle. slightly better 2nd half but bradford fully deserved to win today

:omg: They only had pies where I was - were you eating Wagyu steak?

Anyway, Forte was elbowed (gently) by (I assume) the bloke he butted.

I was sat near the linesman but he was in a better position than me - how could he not see it if I could?

Forte's daft to do what he did but, if it wasn't for :censored: officials yet again, he wouldn't have wanted to.

And we'd be a lot better off if we had a few more players who wanted to stick the nut on the opposition.

Good on him.

Edited by HarryBosch

I was sat near the linesman but he was in a better position than me - how could he not see it if I could?

Forte's daft to do what he did but, if it wasn't for :censored: officials yet again, he wouldn't have wanted to.

And we'd be a lot better off if we had a few more players who wanted to stick the nut on the opposition.

Good on him.

Hahahahahaha. That's all I can do with that defence of Forte

Good on him.

Hahahahahaha. That's all I can do with that defence of Forte

Good on him.

So you want to see us assaulting the opposition, whilst we lose the game?

Some positives for me. O' Connell when moved to his natural position, Yeates who I thought was excellent second half. Turner when he came on was good and is really unlucky to be have been down the pecking order.

Jones to his natural position is a must for next week.

Edited by welshgaz

Good on him.

Go on, post a comment that isn't a wind up....you know you want to.

Turner needs a run of starts, 15-20 games where he knows he is in the team as a centre forward, dropping him in and out and playing him wide is doing him no favours.

Philliskirk is not a deep lying midfielder no matter how much he insists he is.

One up front at home will be the death knell for Daz and Deano.

Now is the time for him to go 3-5-2 well he on a hiding to nothing. We certainly have the players to play it. If all fit

Coleman

O'Connell Wilson Burn

Winchester Jones Dieng Dunne Mills

Stan Turner or Poleon

For all the numpties who have been arguing for 3-5-2 perhaps we do now have the players for that system, but how anyone can leave out Yeates after his second half on the right yesterday really baffles me. Poleon considered too! Really? I agree with a previous poster-Jones has to play centrally.

For all the numpties who have been arguing for 3-5-2 perhaps we do now have the players for that system, but how anyone can leave out Yeates after his second half on the right yesterday really baffles me. Poleon considered too! Really? I agree with a previous poster-Jones has to play centrally.

I'm not pushing for it just circumstances mite dictate it's his best option he said it's a formation he likes and we'll he's on a loser he may as well go for broke. I'd sooner play wiv 2 wingers and go for it. I'd be happy for yeates (but remember it was his former club he had a point to prove) to play too there are plenty of options for personal

I'm not pushing for it just circumstances mite dictate it's his best option he said it's a formation he likes and we'll he's on a loser he may as well go for broke. I'd sooner play wiv 2 wingers and go for it. I'd be happy for yeates (but remember it was his former club he had a point to prove) to play too there are plenty of options for personal

For personel yes i do agree on both fronts. Its just that some have been advocating 3 at the back when we didnt have the right players, a bit like Loius van gaal last season. Btw Winny is not a winger but Mills could easily play as one and he doesnt seem to be getting forward very constructively as a full back this season-another reason to consider it

Edited by ChaddySmoker

First half yesterday was shocking for an home side, we created feck all! Lumping it forward to forte with his back to goal will get us nowhere.

Second half (with ten men too) we moved the ball around, used a bit of width and created openings and looked a million times better with a second forward on. There's a lesson in there somewhere!

First half yesterday was shocking for an home side, we created feck all! Lumping it forward to forte with his back to goal will get us nowhere.

Second half (with ten men too) we moved the ball around, used a bit of width and created openings and looked a million times better with a second forward on. There's a lesson in there somewhere!

Dont build your hopes up..next week I expect it will be one up front again, this time with big Stan isolated.

Hadn't realised the goal started from it, but like I said yesterday, Philliskirk gives the ball away far too much to play in that holding position. That will not be the last time we concede from him losing possession. Dieng did the exact same at Shrewsbury too, so it suggests there is may be some instructions there that they aren't capable of executing.

Coleman was very poor for the goal but we have to accept that if he plays with that attacking style of goalkeeping. Only question I ask is why, when the ball is going into an area where it would be near impassible to beat you from, would you come out of your goal and increase the likelihood that they will score? Early days, and he's learning but this is a general goalkeeper trend which I just don't understand.

Coleman comes for everything. Sometimes he just needs to stay put.

Reminded me of Bradford's second goal here:

https://youtu.be/2FpMXvha2yM

If you stay on the line then you're a bigger and harder target to beat than coming out.

I hope Coleman isn't coached out of his aggressiveness and positivity, but just learns when it is and when it's not necessary. That will come in time I'm sure.