FT: Oldham 1 Bradford 2

Hadn't realised the goal started from it, but like I said yesterday, Philliskirk gives the ball away far too much to play in that holding position. That will not be the last time we concede from him losing possession. Dieng did the exact same at Shrewsbury too, so it suggests there is may be some instructions there that they aren't capable of executing.

Coleman was very poor for the goal but we have to accept that if he plays with that attacking style of goalkeeping. Only question I ask is why, when the ball is going into an area where it would be near impassible to beat you from, would you come out of your goal and increase the likelihood that they will score? Early days, and he's learning but this is a general goalkeeper trend which I just don't understand.

The one who could make a good holding midfielder is Winchester, he's very difficult to dispossess and distributes well. I assume he's been tried there in training?

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one who could make a good holding midfielder is Winchester, he's very difficult to dispossess and distributes well. I assume he's been tried there in training?

My mistake to call Philly out on that pass. Seems it was Turner who lost possession. Still, in any case Dieng and Philly lost the ball far too often in threatening positions yesterday. You're right that Winchester is excellent at keeping onto the ball - a great skill to have at this level.

As much as Winchester would make any midfield position his own, I wouldn't want to harness his attacking potential. He's a future box-to-box midfielder I'd say, able to pass and get beyond the striker.

From the sounds of it, training sounds like the place to be. Could sell tickets it's supposedly that impressive...

My mistake to call Philly out on that pass. Seems it was Turner who lost possession. Still, in any case Dieng and Philly lost the ball far too often in threatening positions yesterday. You're right that Winchester is excellent at keeping onto the ball - a great skill to have at this level.

As much as Winchester would make any midfield position his own, I wouldn't want to harness his attacking potential. He's a future box-to-box midfielder I'd say, able to pass and get beyond the striker.

From the sounds of it, training sounds like the place to be. Could sell tickets it's supposedly that impressive...

He's a bit too sideways for me winchester (obviously not a sideways as furman was but you get the gist). He has the ability to glide effortlessly past a defence, like for that now iconic goal at scunny (I would like to point out that their defenders parted like the red sea, it was hardly inspirational defending). I'd like him to watch dunn and how he plays, he drives forward a lot and that's what winiesta needs to do.

He's a bit too sideways for me winchester (obviously not a sideways as furman was but you get the gist). He has the ability to glide effortlessly past a defence, like for that now iconic goal at scunny (I would like to point out that their defenders parted like the red sea, it was hardly inspirational defending). I'd like him to watch dunn and how he plays, he drives forward a lot and that's what winiesta needs to do.

I dont get the wankfest over Dunn, other than a cameo against Boro and sporadic patches in a couple of League games he is hardly pulling up trees, he is part of a team thats dire to watch and just because he has a decent pedigree it counts for nothing in this league.

I dont get the wankfest over Dunn, other than a cameo against Boro and sporadic patches in a couple of League games he is hardly pulling up trees, he is part of a team thats dire to watch and just because he has a decent pedigree it counts for nothing in this league.

He's on a different wavelengh than the other players, play 2 strikers in front of him and you will see goals.

Nothing wrong with his desire to do well for the team either.

Edited by BP1960

The highlight of yesterday was witnessing the world's longest advantage played by the referee. He got the sending off correct, but was gash altogether, for both teams.

I believe if Bradford still had the ball, he would still be playing advantage, wouldn't have even bothered with half time, or full time

Not helped by Dunn being knackered.

I have to say, a system that has Dunn's stumpy legs doing the chasing down up front isn't right to me. I don't think he should be deeper, I do think there should be 2 in front of him, but he could drop back a bit when their keeper has the ball another midfielder could chase the full backs now and again

Oh and 3 mins injury time? After 2 goals and 5 or 6 subs (lost count)? Not to mention their time wasting. Awful.

Letting them have 15 yards on every throw in was the highlight for me, that and insisting on us having a free kick miles from the foul and Jones showing him the huge divot from where it happened

Oh and 3 mins injury time? After 2 goals and 5 or 6 subs (lost count)? Not to mention their time wasting. Awful.

What are the rules on this? I thought it was 30 secs per sub and per card. 5 subs and 2 yellows. Plus the constant time wasting.

How he let them get away with some of their tactics too was baffling. A lot of them play football more with their arms than their feet.

16 shots on target in 6 league games, rubbish dat.

This for me. Too many are afraid to take a shot at goal - Turner on Saturday into the penalty area and looking to square the ball for example.

What we want is a greedy striker - one who looks to shoot whenever there is a half chance. Also - sod the chipped or placed free kick.. put your foot through the ball.

This for me. Too many are afraid to take a shot at goal - Turner on Saturday into the penalty area and looking to square the ball for example.

What we want is a greedy striker - one who looks to shoot whenever there is a half chance. Also - sod the chipped or placed free kick.. put your foot through the ball.

We've been scared to shoot for years, I've lost count at how many times I've been poised to jump up when a player is teed up perfectly to pull the trigger and then....... He passes it

We've been scared to shoot for years, I've lost count at how many times I've been poised to jump up when a player is teed up perfectly to pull the trigger and then....... He passes it

Replace passes it with "gives up possession".

Philiskirk had opportunity to bring ball down and shoot Saturday but miscontrolled it because it appeared he was too busy looking round to see who he could give it to