FT: Oldham 1 Bradford 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whos effing idea is it to waterlog the pitch before kick off and at half time? Jesus christ it pissed it down last night!!!!

Said exactly the same myself. You could see water splashing up when they ran. We had a player slip in the early stages of each half

I didn't go today but did we continue with Jones playing LW Forte a lone striker, Dunn as number 10 and Danny P as a DM.

Because that 4 players playing out of position.

Not sure Dunn is out of position really. Can't be expecting him to play elsewhere. Philly hasn't been that bad at DM but he has me concerned, far too often he gives the ball away and it will cost us eventually if he is played in such a defensive position. He got forward meaningfully once and produced a tame effort, but that's more of what I expect than being a grinder like Dieng.

Jones is evidently not a winger, and him drifting inwards all first half showed that. Why on earth we are playing last season's POTS out of position I just don't know. Blatantly stupid by Kelly. He is one of the league's best CM's.

As for Forte, our wish to see him removed from up top has been granted, far too late, mind. It was never going to work and why it was persisted with is a mystery. A shame because it looks like Yeates may take his spot. Poor management where Forte is concerned. Is that something a content Forte of last season would have done? Not sure. Daft of him either way, but it can't have helped how he has been deployed of late.

O"Connell was a square peg in a round hole a right back, much better when we went down to 10 men at centre back with Yeats as right wing back. My heart sank when I saw the line up, one up front again at home. Did it not tell the management team anything when with a man down we went two up front later in the game and actually looked dangerous?

I'm not a massive fan of Connor Brown, but why the :censored: was he sat on the bench whilst we played a centre half at full back...?

I can't get enthusiastic about this lot...especially after a first half like that

Christ, I want to see someone motivating on the pitch, having a go, roaring each other on...it's only when we went for it in the second half, like they had a boot up the arse, that they looked like they gave a damn

For crying out loud, if we a re going to bloody lose at least go down fighting.

And what's going on with all these injuries too so early on in a season

I'm not a massive fan of Connor Brown, but why the :censored: was he sat on the bench whilst we played a centre half at full back...?

I am increasingly confused about what is going on at the club: stand,managerial appointment;tactics. Not playing Connor Brown baffles me completely,another negative option. The only explanation I can think of is we have an agreement with Celtic that the lad will play.

Why we Forte sent off? Headbutting?

Why did he put himself in that situation and why are we not hammering him for it like normal?

Won't score 15 to 20.,...or 5 at this rate, left or centre

Absolute headloss moment and he new it...he raised his hand to the main stand paddock to apologies as he left the pitch!

all for giving kelly a chance but today its cost me £50 to just get in with misses and two kids goin matchday club granted i dont pay to watch us win, but to have no threat uptop at home is shocking. then food drinks good 100 quid and for what? 2real attempts at goal? we was poor today amd it needs change quickly otherwise we will struggle. slightly better 2nd half but bradford fully deserved to win today

Cassidy was brought in to be the loan striker. When he got injured the tactics should have been changed to suit the players. Now that Wilson, our defensive midfield player is out there is absolutely no way we should be playing this Premiership style football whiich totally fails at L1 level because the players are just not good enough to play 4 2 3 1. No plan B If Kelly is unable to change his philosophy. he will be out by Christmas.

On the game however, Coleman at fault for the first, came out too far and was beaten to the ball. He knew he cocked up by collapsing on the floor holding his head. The rest of the team were no better, every other pass was cut out by Bradford! They bullied us, our lads need to start going to the gym with theirs!! Half our team couldn't fight for a header with a bastard umpa lumpa. Anyway, yeates looks good, runs at defenders which is what I don't think iv seen for about 20 years, oconnell looks good also. The stand out player however was forte! What a complete tit.

Can't agree with that, it was the third time that Bradford had an unmarked player at the far post, which resulted in them being able to get the cross in.