FT: Oldham 1 Bradford 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will only judge up till the sending off as that will be used as an excuse,

Boring, negative and totally demoralising football.

Only positive for me was O'Connell who looks a good addition.

This manager has single handedly ruined Jonathan Forte, asking him to do a job he just cant do bore fruit today.

The calls for Dunn as boss are ludicrous, he isnt doing it on the pitch never mind off it.

This manager has single handedly ruined Jonathan Forte, asking him to do a job he just cant do bore fruit today.

The calls for Dunn as boss are ludicrous, he isnt doing it on the pitch never mind off it.

For me, Yeates was the positive from today. Every cross had quality, unfortunately they were aimed at nobody for the first 75 minutes.

Edited by dec666

Not calling for Dunn think Corney will once again for the cheap option

Why did it take us until we were 1 goal and player down to have our first spell of attacking football?

We started off like the away side hoping to absorb pressure and go on the break, and it was dire. They pressed high and squeezed us so that Forte was isolated.

They struggled more to contain us when we actually played with a positive attitude, and had we started that way it'd have been a procession, because they were a poor side.

Generally passing was poor and it's quite clear to see that Jones is better in the middle. Semi-thankful Forte is banned now because he is a total waste up front on his own and perhaps it will force Kelly's hand into something different.

Yeates very good and thought all the subs had good cameos.

Shocking, Bradford were only going to play one way and we tried to beat them in the middle of the pitch where they weren't interested in having it. We had to press them from the front and failed to do that. We also obviously needed to use the width and didn't do that enough when we cry ally had the ball. O'Connell looked very shaky I thought, Philliskirk did ok and Yeates played fairly well.

O"Connell was a square peg in a round hole a right back, much better when we went down to 10 men at centre back with Yeats as right wing back. My heart sank when I saw the line up, one up front again at home. Did it not tell the management team anything when with a man down we went two up front later in the game and actually looked dangerous?

Kelly needs to start playing to win rather than playing not to lose.

We looked 10x better last 15 or so minutes with 2 upfront....with 10 men! Start with this from the off and go for it a bit more!

Yeates was V good 2nd half.

Noticed we seem to give Dunn the ball and the players are just like...go...do something...then leave him to it. Don't show for him much or anything.

Thought O'Connell was all over the shop first half but much improved 2nd.

Dieng had an absolute NIGHTMARE today.

Jones way better in CM

Edited by aaronoafc

All we can hope is that he will now revert to 2 up front after watching today, the 1st half we were :censored:ing awful. If the manager doesnt change his tatics pretty soon there will be nobody watching, what is more galling is that Bradford were :censored:e and that is all they needed to be to beat us.

O'Connell only looked good when he went to CB in a back 3 / 2. He isn't a RB, I can understand why he was played there, but he was out of position for 45 minutes.

Yeates was very good, hard-working, some lovely bits of skill, some good crosses, and some good defensive work too, but he was probably playing as a right wing-back for the 2nd half.

Dunn needs more time on the training pitch- not to boost his fitness, although that does need work, but to realise he isn't playing with Prem/Championship level players.

Winch looked a lot more useful than Jones.

2 up front next week please too.

FWIW I'd send Forte to train with the kids and fine him. Worse professionalism than what Poleon is alleged to have done.

Utter Dire!! Needs dramatic improvements to both starting 11, formation and through out game tactics!!

I was disappointed with our one up front tactics and we hadn't had a sniff up to the Forte brain fart.

I actually thought our second half response was spirited and adventurous.

Edited by JohnnyPimp

Did anybody else sit there in the last 10 minutes and think, this is all we really ask for?

I left Bury last week disappointed we didn't win, but I enjoyed the game and the chances we created.

Performances like the majority of today are just soul destroying.

O"Connell was a square peg in a round hole a right back, much better when we went down to 10 men at centre back with Yeats as right wing back. My heart sank when I saw the line up, one up front again at home. Did it not tell the management team anything when with a man down we went two up front later in the game and actually looked dangerous?

We can lament about his tactics all we want on here, it won't make an ounce of difference to the way he believes the team should be set-up. The guy is clearly out of his depth and for a player to be physically asking what the tactics are during a match...well, that says it all for me.

Communication skills are apparently zero.

Tactical nous is apparently zero.

Ability to manage...apparently zero.

He will probably leave by "mutual consent" and Holden will, temporarily, be back in charge until Corney finds another cheap-option rookie.

On the game however, Coleman at fault for the first, came out too far and was beaten to the ball. He knew he cocked up by collapsing on the floor holding his head. The rest of the team were no better, every other pass was cut out by Bradford! They bullied us, our lads need to start going to the gym with theirs!! Half our team couldn't fight for a header with a bastard umpa lumpa. Anyway, yeates looks good, runs at defenders which is what I don't think iv seen for about 20 years, oconnell looks good also. The stand out player however was forte! What a complete tit.