Barry Owen at the end...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Matt, September 5, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Matt, September 5, 2015 - No reason given

He can :censored: off too. Yes he's a fan but that's what he should remain and stay as far away as possible on the short, medium and long term strategy for our club and especially around the recruitment of management and playing staff. It was controversial but Lee Hughes was a quality striker who tainted the club and ultimately had to be shipped out; Barry has been living off his involvement in bringing Hughes in ever since but even that has been overshadowed by the numerous :censored: ups he's brought to this club since.

Gee's gone quiet and talked a good talk when he first came here. Him signing Kelly as manager is a mistake but one that can be addressed quickly. We can't afford the likes of Dowie but there's load of managers out there we can afford who would bring more to this club than Kelly and Holden. Act now before it's too late - someone who appeals more to the fans may not be successful immediately but I'd rather have them here than Kelly.

So you all think Barry wants us to be crap, just because he's a walking disaster doesn't mean he really enjoyed the performance today. If you want to blame someone blame the management team and/or corney.

The whole strategy and leadership of this club is laughable. Barry obviously wants us to win and be a success but when he questioned whether we could sustain a position in the league above showed just how naive and inappropriate he is in a position of responsibility within this club. He might think it but what message does that give out to fans who you are trying to win over, players trying to buy into the ambition and a manager trying to succeed. Leave the opinions at home and act like a business leader.

I have no issues with the police but an ex-plod who was involved in departmental budgets shouldn't be instrumental in the running of a football club. We should have board members who have proven success commercially and any of those asked to be the mouthpiece of the club should have adequate PR training, be inspirational and ambitious. It's all fur coat and no knickers with a large dose of bull:censored: at times but the role is to inspire, wow and lead all stakeholders into buying into ambition, success and commercial growth. If you're miserable, grounded, pessimistic and full of contempt for the punters and a track record of screw ups then can they really drive the club onwards and upwards?!

Hand on heart and be honest; you just knew that the new stand wouldn't be ready on time and we'd lose out on commercial opportunities whilst it remained unopen - the cause of electric not being plumbed in just emphasises the debacle of the planning of the decision makers at our place.

I was there. A few supporters were on his about his radio interview. Personally I agree with Barry on this one. He is correct what he says - if we go up we'll struggle to compete. However, I'd rather see us go up and be sensible.

My two pennies' worth during that was the short-term. The performances/results don't suggest a team heading to the Championship.

I believe he said he was happy when we had two up top towards the end. He is entitled to his opinion as are we all.

He also said he'd be speaking to Darren Kelly about organising a couple of supporter forums.

I was there. A few supporters were on his about his radio interview. Personally I agree with Barry on this one. He is correct what he says - if we go up we'll struggle to compete. However, I'd rather see us go up and be sensible.

If we went up we might be a more appealing purchase to buyers.

This would also see him removed from the board. Imagine that. It's as close as we'll get.

He also said he'd be speaking to Darren Kelly about organising a couple of supporter forums.

There is one this week at the Railway pub Royton, this Thursday 10th September 7.30pm.....meet the manager. Tickets are £5. Trust oldham have arranged it as we felt with the new stand being delayed, we couldn't wait any longer.

The next one should, should be in the new stand

If you need a ticket. Just let me know

There is one this week at the Railway pub Royton, this Thursday 10th September 7.30pm.....meet the manager. Tickets are £5. Trust oldham have arranged it as we felt with the new stand being delayed, we couldn't wait any longer.

I believe so mate. That got mentioned actually. I'll let you know about those tickets. I know two people who were interested. Edited by UpTheLatics

What time is he due on?

I can't get there til about 8.30 but morbid fascination is urging me to attend - it'll be carnage :lol: