Lee Johnson's much vaunted PowerPoint - here it is

how many games has he changed him self that have brought a win or earned a draw because he put right what was wrong , none.

Sounds like a lot of the complaints from our fans about him last season. His failure to change games through his substitutes was baffling.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which makes his decision to go there even more astounding, he must of known the problems at that club run far deeper than the manager or head coach as they like to refer to him.

Any ambitious manager always fancies themselves to be the one who can get it going right though...

Setting aside the manner that he left us in, I rate the managerial ability he showed for us and unlike Dickov I think he'll do a very good job somewhere in the future.

That said, how he's managed to take that Barnsley team lower in the table than us with the shambles we've been this season is a sackable offence.

I liked Johnson, I thought he fit our club quite well. His outlook of 'home for the unloved' resonated with the fans and actually looking at the last few months he probably over achieved with the squad we had.

He had his head turned by a 'bigger club' who he probably saw as the next step in his career. The issue he has is the expectation from the Barnsley fans is borne from previous managers over achieving. He isn't going to be afforded the time or the mistakes he made here.

I liked Johnson, I thought he fit our club quite well. His outlook of 'home for the unloved' resonated with the fans and actually looking at the last few months he probably over achieved with the squad we had.

He had his head turned by a 'bigger club' who he probably saw as the next step in his career. The issue he has is the expectation from the Barnsley fans is borne from previous managers over achieving. He isn't going to be afforded the time or the mistakes he made here.

He dropped a massive bollock leaving here when he did (unless something else was at play as he's alluded to a few times).

If he gets another club like us next and has learnt to slow down and set himself up for a 3 to 5 year stint he could do very well in the future.

Rightly or wrongly, better, more experienced players like he can sign at Barnsley are more likely to treat his methods with contempt.

"Unloved" players that he'd have to sign here or at a similar club might be more open minded if they think he can get their careers back on track..

I think a lot got deluded by him just because we flirted with the play offs. He has a 2 styles of play the 1 he wants to implement is like Barcelona where we would dominate games but produce very little and lose then when the pressure gets on him he reverts to making us hard to beat scrape a 1 nil or draw a lot the latter saw us get on a good run but gets figured out eventually. I was glad he left just the mess the followed made people forget the poor run we was on when he left so they can say we might of made the play offs.

He dropped a massive bollock leaving here when he did (unless something else was at play as he's alluded to a few times).

I think he'd still be here if he hadn't told the board to sign Evans. Or he'd have stayed until the end of the season. The fall out after that saw him jump at the first opportunity, and us win about 5 games since.

Like others have said, I liked him when he was here. But trying to sign Evans and leaving when he couldn't says a lot about him.

I think he'd still be here if he hadn't told the board to sign Evans. Or he'd have stayed until the end of the season. The fall out after that saw him jump at the first opportunity, and us win about 5 games since.

Like others have said, I liked him when he was here. But trying to sign Evans and leaving when he couldn't says a lot about him.

Yes, I'm sure that was the true version of events...

Yes, I'm sure that was the true version of events...

I called Johnson out on the 4th aAn I think, when everyone was siding with Johnson.

Either he wanted Johnson, or was being told to buy him. Either way his position was untenable.

So his position of passing the buck, "Up to the Board" Press Conf was correct because he did not want him or a abdication because he did want to sign him.

I can't believe there is much doubt he wanted to sign him, even without Corney stating he did.

I think a lot got deluded by him just because we flirted with the play offs. He has a 2 styles of play the 1 he wants to implement is like Barcelona where we would dominate games but produce very little and lose then when the pressure gets on him he reverts to making us hard to beat scrape a 1 nil or draw a lot the latter saw us get on a good run but gets figured out eventually. I was glad he left just the mess the followed made people forget the poor run we was on when he left so they can say we might of made the play offs.

On the flip side of this I think a few people have let the timing of his departure and the anger that this caused, cloud their judgement. Its not like we have gone forward since he left has it?

In terms of the style well quite frankly I'm "entertained" by winning I'd rather watch us win 1-0 than lose 4-3. During the play off season under Dowie with the exception of a brilliant 8 game winning streak in October November we ground out results snatching them often late in games, how many of us wanted him back this season.

I agree with others who say he left too early and for the wrong job. It took him 12 months to start taking us forward here he wasn't going to be allowed that at Barnsley I think he still has quite abit to learn as a manager. We don't know if anything went on behind the scenes although it wouldn't surprise me, but his departure hasn't benefited either party particularly. That's not to say I want him back we've given Dunn the chance now we may aswell let him prove himself, going back now would be a bad move in the future though maybe, who knows.

On the flip side of this I think a few people have let the timing of his departure and the anger that this caused, cloud their judgement. Its not like we have gone forward since he left has it?

In terms of the style well quite frankly I'm "entertained" by winning I'd rather watch us win 1-0 than lose 4-3. During the play off season under Dowie with the exception of a brilliant 8 game winning streak in October November we ground out results snatching them often late in games, how many of us wanted him back this season.

I agree with others who say he left too early and for the wrong job. It took him 12 months to start taking us forward here he wasn't going to be allowed that at Barnsley I think he still has quite abit to learn as a manager. We don't know if anything went on behind the scenes although it wouldn't surprise me, but his departure hasn't benefited either party particularly. That's not to say I want him back we've given Dunn the chance now we may aswell let him prove himself, going back now would be a bad move in the future though maybe, who knows.

As I said the mess that followed...never claimed to be further on. I didn't rate him full stop. Personal felt he had 2 ways of playing and if they didn't work he was buggard and think if he'd of stayed on we have finish mid table and I think this season would of been a struggle because he falls out with players to easily. He tinkers with teams to much. Tries to be too clever and nothing suggest he his any different at Barnsley..so does he learn I don't think so. He had lot in place for him because his dad's connections and could talk a good game. But when it comes to it is he really all that?? My opinion no Edited by OAFCinWolves