DK and Rhys Murphy Fan Club

I thought Murphy did fairly well when he came on Sat, battled well and brought energy, (although, granted, it wouldn't take much to improve on what came before!). Should have at least tested the keeper a bit more with that header, but at least he got into the positions. Probably helped that it was the first time I can remember actually seeing him with a strike partner up there.

Both ain't been given a chance,should give Dk a break and get off his back, support the team and give the guy time, we was always going to get a rookie manager on the budget we have, that's the way things roll now at BP and I don't see any change soon..

Rhys was taken off at half time against Southport - no doubt being saved for Saturday!

If I see the teamsheet before the match on Saturday with Murphy on his own up front I will be heading back home.

Edited by BP1960

I thought Murphy did fairly well when he came on Sat, battled well and brought energy, (although, granted, it wouldn't take much to improve on what came before!). Should have at least tested the keeper a bit more with that header, but at least he got into the positions. Probably helped that it was the first time I can remember actually seeing him with a strike partner up there.

Should have hit the target but I am willing to give him a chance. Is the manager though?

It is a nice change to see a positive post for a change.

I will start with RM to avoid an avalanche of complaints for not being on the DK- sack him immediately bandwagon!

Murphy has a pedigree background, he would not have gone 3 years through the Arsenal academy otherwise- in the odd short moments that OAFC have allowed him on the pitch he has for me shown that he has a good football brain and something about him.

However he came to us on the back of a long injury and in my view never reached match fitness last year. No allowance was made for his fitness or limited time on the pitch by so many and he soon became the object of the boo boys.

I am glad he impressed on Saturday and hope he can be given a run.

Now DK was chosen by a panel of the whole board- not by Corney- and was one of a large number. No one knows what he or anyone else said, but I find it hard to believe that any body of selectors would choose on cost alone. There were not many realistic top contenders- Dowie for whatever reason was not even in the running and would have wanted a large salary and playing budget and anyway does not have a managerial success record.

Clearly DK is learning and will need to learn fast. It seems to be universal that were lost of mistakes in positions and tactics last Saturday but let us at least wait a few more games to see how the team, surely as potentially good as we have had for several years respond.

Talk that it is too late at 6 games unless we act immediately is ludicrous- If we have not progressed after 10 games I will view it differently- in the meantime DONT PANIC!

Clearly DK is learning and will need to learn fast. It seems to be universal that were lost of mistakes in positions and tactics last Saturday but let us at least wait a few more games to see how the team, surely as potentially good as we have had for several years respond.

Talk that it is too late at 6 games unless we act immediately is ludicrous- If we have not progressed after 10 games I will view it differently- in the meantime DONT PANIC!

I'd agree but his pitchside demeanour and the fact that nobody speaks to him, senior players seem confused as to what they should be doing and don't seem to get a response when they ask is all very, very odd. I've never seen it before.

Time for Kelly to stick his balls on the line, ignore DH, and go for 3-4-1-2 - playing more players in their proper positions.

As has been said, there's is nothing negative about one up top when it's played properly. If you dominate the midfield and break with pace, it's quickly a 4-2-4.

But we haven't played it properly. Still, the mentality of just walking home based on the formation is clueless.

Having said that, 4-4-2... Hmm predictable, easy to defend and mark against, the two in central midfield (particularly without Kelly) will get outnumbered and outfought. Welcome back, 4-5-1 by the opposition, who will stifle us. Welcome back the throughballs straight through the middle of the park for a one on one for the opposition. Then we'll try to resolve via the Dickov 4-4-1-1, where the man in the 'the hole' (phill, Baxter, Simpson), will be marked by a midfielder and a centre back - leaving us hoofing to a lone striker....

Although the goal for 2-0 on Sat was concerning, it's still perhaps time for 3-4-1-2.

To help, like Shrewsbury did before last season, training should be constant drills of a defending a counter-attack: four versus our three. Then they will coordinate like a 'three', not panic and move like individuals in a four.

I think he'll play it safe with a 4-4-2, and it'll be a dull, nervy hoof fest - and a 0-0 draw.

Edited by IceStationLatic