Let's not let the players off so lightly

This squad is good on paper but we seem to have lost the basics...we're not closing down the opposition, we're not fighting to get the ball back when we lose it, can't strung more than two passes together. Pass and bloody move..

Wonder what the injury list is like today....we seem to have a lot so early season too.

Think we've learned you can be qualified for the job but you need experience/be able to deliver or at least motivate the 11 on the pitch to fight. Only really saw Dunn trying to motivate recently. Yesterday was more arguing between them. Where are the motivational captains....dare I say the Steve G's.

I clapped their number 10 off. He was excellent.

He's not some loathable bellend because he plays for the other team. He played excellently and deserved the applause.

I did too...some chap named him frodo...I always clap a good save/move by the oppo too...even their GK when he comes the home end. Maybe I'm old skool Edited by underdog

Kelly should have stuck to his way of playing. No doubt he was pressured into playing two up front with Dunn and Winchester as well as the knackered Stan. Whatever the team didn't seem to know how to play 4 4 2 and presumably neither did DK. The Board gave Peterborough 3 pts just to get rid.

Kelly should have stuck to his way of playing. No doubt he was pressured into playing two up front with Dunn and Winchester as well as the knackered Stan. Whatever the team didn't seem to know how to play 4 4 2 and presumably neither did DK. The Board gave Peterborough 3 pts just to get rid.

Despite the demands for 4-4-2, very few teams play it. What he did yesterday was terrible. He played four in midfield, but then pulled Winchester and Yeats inside, so we had no actual width. The full-backs tried playing like wing-backs. This left the centre-backs badly exposed down the flanks and from midfield. the two strikers were also stranded. It finished up as a 2-6-2. Playing Philly as a holding midfield player was an abysmal failure. So, we were overrun down the flanks and down the middle. The centre backs didn't have a chance. The strikers didn't have any service. Add to that a series of childish mistakes, and we were lucky to keep it down to five.

I'm afraid 4-4-2 no longer works. It will alway leave you outnumbered in midfield and exposed at the back.

were do i start ,no guts ,no desire ,no effort etc etc ,you can accept players are not the best ,but there in no excuse for not not putting in a shift and to many were guilty of that yesterday ,did anyone notice poleon coming on and laughing with their defenders on half way line when we were 3-1 down ,i would have subbed him right away ! although i was not happy with his appointment ,kelly never really stood a chance and if your players dont even work hard for you then you really are in trouble and too many yesterday looked like they knew he was history and could not give a toss and they need to have a look in the mirror .they are not on their own mind ,the board have not covered themselves in glory with the shabby way this has been handled ,it was clear it would only be a matter of time before dunn took his job everyone knew that (including kelly no doubt) redfearn would be good appointment but fear that other factors at the club (money, new stand ,no strike it lucky ) wont allow this to happen bit of honesty would be nice

He's not some loathable bellend because he plays for the other team. He played excellently and deserved the applause.

I did too, it just goes to show the talent out there in non league, he spent 2 years at Dulwich Hamlet.

• 4 weeks later...

Same for the Scunny 4th. Plenty of applause in the Rocky for that (entertainingly provoking the ire of many others).

Same for the Scunny 4th. Plenty of applause in the Rocky for that (entertainingly provoking the ire of many others).

Made his celebration a bit weirder. I wasnt sure how many others clapped him at the time, but seen it back now and it was plenty. He defo shud have noticed.

But :censored: it. Was a top goal so.

They handed them the 4th - the fella took it well but the defenders backing off and not getting a challenge in....embarrassing and amateur at best. The scunthorpe defence on the other hand.. niggly, shirt holding wanting and being mostly first to everything and effective clearances (hoof up the field out of danger) when the ball went in their box.