New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only problem is that If he gets us up near the top by Xmas we'll be looking for a new boss again as he'd probably walk at the first available opportunity.

Having said that, and knowing our luck, he will probably fail spectacularly!!!!

45]

Tweet;

uCY26IQt_bigger.jpgRoss Heppenstall@rosshtanda

Evans has just returned from China, where he spent three days in talks over a managing a club there... "The offer was mindblowing." #bcafc

3:57 PM - 14 Jun 2016

The same persons next tweet has a direct quote from Evans saying he won't be moving for family reasons and he has a couple of clubs want to speak to him Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Someone on Twitter saying the deal for Evans is done and dusted, finalised in Ryder & Dutton, Ian Hill's business...

Next manager to agree his contract at Tommyfield Market?

A lot of interviews in the past for the managers job took place at Ryder and Dutton. The guy that posted it (I think) was one of the first to break news about Shez leaving and, after some digging, seems he's an agent. Could have some legs...

For those not on Twitter these are the 4 tweets he sent this afternoon:

Jay Dunford ‏@jpdoafc

Just had confirmation that Steve Evans will be OAFC new manager

100% terms agreed in a 2 year the details are very private Will be announced wed/thurs just sorting back room staff out

All done signed about an hour in Ryder and dutton office in Royton

Good news is that Liam Kelly is staying and don't be surprised to see Clarke - Harris back on loan if Stubbs doesn't fancy him

For those not on Twitter these are the 4 tweets he sent this afternoon:

Jay Dunford ‏@jpdoafc

Just had confirmation that Steve Evans will be OAFC new manager

100% terms agreed in a 2 year the details are very private Will be announced wed/thurs just sorting back room staff out

All done signed about an hour in Ryder and dutton office in Royton

Good news is that Liam Kelly is staying and don't be surprised to see Clarke - Harris back on loan if Stubbs doesn't fancy him

Evans would almost certainly bring in Paul Raynor as assistant

Does anyone think it's possible there's a takeover in the offing?

To even contemplate a move for Evans in our financial state would be a non starter both in terms of salary and player budget, club ambition would also be a negative.

Just cannot for the life of me understand why taking the OAFC hot seat would be in any way beneficial to Steve Evans............unless as you say BP1960 a takeover or some new investment is in the pipeline.

To even contemplate a move for Evans in our financial state would be a non starter both in terms of salary and player budget, club ambition would also be a negative.

Just cannot for the life of me understand why taking the OAFC hot seat would be in any way beneficial to Steve Evans............unless as you say BP1960 a takeover or some new investment is in the pipeline.

Especially if he turned down a mind blowing offer to manage in China for us.

Does anyone think it's possible there's a takeover in the offing?

Stop it please. Both of you, stop it please. I don't think I couldn't cope with such a dose of positivity

Even if we broke the bank to sign Evans as manager he would demand a playing budget much greater than what we could ever offer so we would compete at the top of the table.

He knows this level well so wouldn't be hoodwinked by suggestions that £1.3m is a sufficient budget, which is why I doubt Evans would come here....it's not as if he's desperate for a job as he would walk into a job at a much higher level tomorrow if he wanted.

IF he does sign this week then it will be interesting to witness what happens on the recruitment front. Perhaps we have new owners coming in or Blitz has been successful overseas and has cash to splurge this coming season...

It's refreshing to have a warm feeling in anticipation of the events ahead but I'm certain I'll be kicked in the proverbials come the weekend.....

Or he sees us as a no lose.... he knows if he's successful here he can go where he wants as we wouldn't demand anything substantial for him. If he's not successful, he'll just blame it on how bad the finances are which is probably common knowledge throughout the football league anyway and it won't damage his reputation much.