New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joy said it. However, he did say ideally - It will be this week i'd assume.

Could be a bit longer, we've got to wait for Dowie to get back from France according to the the Gospel of Ibby. Edited by singe

Think about it .........

The CEO didn't....a cardinal rule of PR is not to quote specific promises or times/ dates which are short term attractive to the audience but which are necessarily hostage to fortune and can come back and bit you..........what was wrong with saying ...this is a crucial appointment for the club which we will seek to make as quickly as possible but of most importance is that we get the right man. I am sure the fans will understand the clubs position and I thank them for their patience.

Not a major issue really but an unforced error nonetheless

The CEO didn't....a cardinal rule of PR is not to quote specific promises or times/ dates which are short term attractive to the audience but which are necessarily hostage to fortune and can come back and bit you..........what was wrong with saying ...this is a crucial appointment for the club which we will seek to make as quickly as possible but of most importance is that we get the right man. I am sure the fans will understand the clubs position and I thank them for their patience.

Not a major issue really but an unforced error nonetheless

Like when Corney said ' the stand will definitely be finished for the start of last season' ?

Chron says Adams, Redfearn, Bunn, Redfearn, McCall, Feeney and Paul Simpson thought to be in contention.

Expected the list to be worse than that, tbh. Simpson is an interesting one, with a decent record, plus you'd be happy-ish with all but Feeney.

1. It's all very quiet from http://SportsDirect.com park...Surely someone must be lined up by now... @Matt_Chambers_ @MENOAFC @reluctantnicko

0 retweets1 like

Retweet

More

User Actions

Following

thistle71cup_bigger.jpgAlan Nixon@reluctantnicko

@steveashy @Matt_Chambers_ @MENOAFC Tuesday is due to be the day of the decision

Chron says Adams, Redfearn, Bunn, Redfearn, McCall, Feeney and Paul Simpson thought to be in contention.

Expected the list to be worse than that, tbh. Simpson is an interesting one, with a decent record, plus you'd be happy-ish with all but Feeney.

Redfearn under consideration twice. He's done well there.

Bunn really can we not top that?

Don't you think that's an improvement on the last 2 'shot in the dark' appointments - End of season survival special aside!

we're broke, we have hardly any players on our books - with the added potential issue of CONVINCING players to join us, spent a great deal of the season ticket money already and fans already questioning anything or anybody who's linked with us ...

I bet they're beating down the door to sign up for the job! I think we can ve nothing but grateful to anyone who takes on the gig ...

My guess is they've offered it to McCall and are negotiating.

If McCall doesn't accept the deal and budget on offer they'll give it Bunn (or Adams) who already have.

If McCall's in the running for the Bradford job, he won't be accepting a job at Latics until they've knocked him back.

If McCall's in the running for the Bradford job, he won't be accepting a job at Latics until they've knocked him back.

Maybe that's why there's no announcement yet, we are waiting to see what Bradford do?

I bet they're beating down the door to sign up for the job! I think we can ve nothing but grateful to anyone who takes on the gig ...

Always amazes me when people say things like that , there are 72 league clubs and hundreds of manager out of work.

They will have a list as long as your arm for this job , some good , some decent a lot crap but the list will be long .

Don't under-estimate the lure of any league club to an out of work manager no matter how much down in the gutter they appear !!!

Edited by losesome