New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it was an omen when walking to my car at Albion Farm yesterday i spotted FB,he got out of his across from me. Had a quick natter, asked him twice if he was coming and didn't allude to anything.. said he'd been on a golfing trip with JR and a few of the players from his era ..

gets my vote anyway!

Edited by thetramdriver

I won't argue with that, but I think that with so many managers out of work, you'll grab the opportunity even if you know you're not first choice. In Bunn's case, it's a step up from coaching the yoofs (OK, is Latics really a step up? I'll take that on the chin). Adams didn't quite cut the mustard at Norwich, so it's an opportunity to hit the managerial trail again, second choice or not. Like I said earlier, it's all speculation at the moment, because none of us really know what's going on, do we? We've only got Twatter to work with until the real story comes tumbling out.

See what you did there.

I wouldn't bother about being second choice. We're all grown up and live in the real world.

I like Bunn and Adams, not just because they're very respected former players but because they appear genuinely nice people. That might be the problem. Would we prefer a stronger personality like, yes i'm going to say it, Dowie (who is about the same age as Bunn and Adams - you wouldn't think it by looking at them)? Maybe not Dowie, but someone of his kind?

And yes, Evans is a fat fraudster mooning bastard. He raised my hopes for a minute. He can do one.

There's 2 jobs in the Football League vacant. How fussy are those second choice managers going to be?

Also, the new candidate will probably such a downgrade from Evans that they won't be surprised he was number one.

That's the point, isn't it? They're not going to be fussed about not being first choice, they'll be more fussed about whether they're still on the dole with a family to feed and a mortgage to pay. You'd imagine that there'd be a few out of work managers on that application list as well as the likes of Bunn, Adams and Fee... I can't bring myself to think about that last one.

That's the point, isn't it? They're not going to be fussed about not being first choice, they'll be more fussed about whether they're still on the dole with a family to feed and a mortgage to pay. You'd imagine that there'd be a few out of work managers on that application list as well as the likes of Bunn, Adams and Fee... I can't bring myself to think about that last one.

That's my point. Fans seem to be over-playing the second choice turn-off idea.

So, we agreed terms with Evans, but he was obviously considering other offers. :censored: happens. Move on. But quickly, please.

By the way, this does not make the Board a bunch of <insert distasteful comment here>

and the official site statement was quite coherent. They gave it a go and didn't quite get there. Step up please Neil Adams - does anyone else remember another second choice Latics manager with Everton and Norwich connections?

Very few managers would be able to shape a squad in time for the new season. Far too much to do and nowhere near enough time to do it!

Did we offer this budget to Sheridan, I doubt it, perhaps if we had he'd still be here.

The new manager, whoever it is, is going to be in an almost impossible situation, make the wrong appointment now and we are as good as relegated!!

Think it's between Bunn and Redfearn now then I'd prefer Redfearn out of the two has a bit more experience, I can see us rushing this now though to get one over the line, we've farted about for to long now and wasted so much time, I'd like to see us push the boat out and try and get someone with a similar pedigree to Evans, wonder if Rosler would be interested working with what Evans was offered.

Next week's update re manager- "OAFC are pleased to announce Jo Bloggs, the under 9s coach of Chesham United as manager. His first two signing are expected to be Benson and Hedges, a deadly strike partnership that managed 12 goals in the unibond between them last term."

As we went this far down the road with Evans, I wonder if we're open to the likes of Adkins, Rosler or any other manager with promotion from this league on his cv who might previously have been dismissed as unrealistic?