New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

I'm pleasantly surprised that we've been able to agree terms with a manager with Evans' record of promotions. That bodes well for whoever we go after next and leaves me hopeful that we won't be scraping the barrel.

Obviously I'm very happy that Evans personally isn't going to be our new manager, but I'm even happier that the board don't seem to be throwing the towel in this year.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pleasantly surprised that we've been able to agree terms with a manager with Evans' record of promotions. That bodes well for whoever we go after next and leaves me hopeful that we won't be scraping the barrel.

Obviously I'm very happy that Evans personally isn't going to be our new manager, but I'm even happier that the board don't seem to be throwing the towel in this year.

'OK Steve your budget is £1.2M can you do the job with that?'

'Sorry Simon I will need at least £1.8M'

'OK then if that is what it takes!'

'Right where do I sign Simon?'

Hang on Steve you have to give us the £600K first! :lol1:

Do Adams or Bunn have the clout and nouse to recruit 15 players in a short space of time? And mould them into a team? I don't think we know.

It's too big-a-risk without a proven name alongside them, particularly Bunn.

I wouldn't have necessarily opposed them taking over even 3 weeks ago, but now it is probably too late for somebody of their inexperience.

No matter how confident the club was, a loose cannon like Evans must've prompted a contingency plan.

Edited by NewBlue

The kit man has just tweeted with regards to the 3 keepers that have left ... using the hash tag #propercoaching!

is that a dig at our ex keeper coach or a dig at the club?

Congratulations @joelcoleman33 & @chrisrenshaww all the best boys #proper coaching now

Congratulations @DavidJCornell0 on your move @ntfc proper GK coach @P_Kenny1

IIRC BB80's slates White too.

'OK Steve your budget is £1.2M can you do the job with that?'

'Sorry Simon I will need at least £1.8M'

'OK then if that is what it takes!'

'Right where do I sign Simon?'

Hang on Steve you have to give us the £600K first! :lol1:

Ha!

No idea who BB80 is but I'd say he's completely wide of the mark. The goalkeeper department, lead by Anthony White, has been the only thing that has generated income for the club.

The fact that Anthony White has gone to a Premiership club shows he's highly regarded. I suspect the posts were tongue in cheek and just a bit of banter.

The fact that Anthony White has gone to a Premiership club shows he's highly regarded. I suspect the posts were tongue in cheek and just a bit of banter.

Had a quick look and it's more his posts about United and 'Men in Black' he should get picked up for.

Surely the board must have had a plan B if Evans was unsuccessful?

Granted Evans strung us along so the board, quite rightly, focused on securing Evans after agreeing terms. We just go back to our second choice unless the extra wage enables us to look at someone more ambitious.

My concern is our plan B might be at a much lower level re experience and achievements than Evans. If we pushed the boat out with the aim to secure Evans then even if we drop that manager wage then I just hope we don't drop our sights in respect of playing budget if we did manage to find an extra £600k pa.

Any chance Dowie might be interested with the increased budget?

100% increase on that £1.2m then maybe. However I understand no communication has taken place this time around so that speaks volumes.

I personally think that chapter is now closed for both parties though. He was very keen before Johnson but remains really busy with other activities. Time has moved on with our budgets dropping dramatically - it's more the ambition on pitch than personal demands.

Any chance Dowie might be interested with the increased budget?

What increased budget? Why are people pointing to nearly recruiting someone as evidence of this, when we didn't actually appoint them because of his demands?

Edited by Twisbrogan

He agreed the deal but would not commit due to other offers in the pipeline, can't blame him for looking for the best deal.....if we wait we could possibly still get him but we can't afford to do that in our situation.