Doncaster Rovers vs Oldham Athletic

Burn has to come in for O'Connell, christ knows why the Wilson-Burn partnership was broken up, it's been probably the best bit of us this season.

Dieng at RB for Brown, which should have been the case on Sat.

Coleman to keep his spot.

Not really sure what Stan offers us to be honest, he comes wide all the time and doesn't really do enough in the air.

Think Dunn won't play himself (he should), but will give Winiesta his job to do. Midfield 3 of Philli, Jones and Carl.

Oh yeah, PLAY MIKE JONES

Obviously.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kelly isn't fit and we don't bring one in then Dieng has to play midfield, playing without a dedicated holding midfielder is just a no-go these days.

Can't see him starting himself, not sure why Brown was brought back in at Burn's expense so change that.

Mills is lucky that we don't have another left back (yet to see proof that Truelove actually exists)

If he drops Philiskirk and picks the team around Winchester, then he can do no wrong for me going forwards.

Some people just dont understand the bloody game! Philly will be selected because he is a good honest pro who just lacks speed over the first few yards.

I aint overly impressed with Philly in that holding role even though he is capable there but he certainly gives us more energy and drive than Bambi ever does.

The crucial thing is that Mike Jones has to play never mind anyone else

Some people just dont understand the bloody game! Philly will be selected because he is a good honest pro who just lacks speed over the first few yards.

I aint overly impressed with Philly in that holding role even though he is capable there but he certainly gives us more energy and drive than Bambi ever does.

The crucial thing is that Mike Jones has to play never mind anyone else

You must be mad.

It took us for Winchester to go on a 35 yard driving run and fantastic shot to energise the team and ground into life second half.

Cornell

O’Connell – Wilson – Burn

Croft – Jones – Winchester – Mills

Green

Poleon – Murphy

I like that formation and I'd be happy with that team. I think Croft and Mills are defensive minded enough to play those wide roles without full backs. I think Yeates will be included in the XI somewhere though.

Doesn't matter whoever plays anywhere else but Dieng must start in the holding midfield role. Without someone just sitting, winning the ball, dropping deep to pick it up from the defence we might as well not bother and accept they will waltz through us at will like Peterborough did.

Coleman - He's learning, will learn more on the pitch than the bench but I would like to see him getting some experience from an old pro.

Mills

Wilson

Burn

Brown

Yeates

Dieng

Jones

Winchester

Philiskirk

Murphy

I've toyed with 3-5-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1 but we need to go right back to basics and 4, 4, :censored:ing 2 for a few games. "You play there, pick that man up and give it 110%."

We're on a losing streak, new (interim) manager, crowd booing them off and just been thumped, I'm not looking for perfection just stopping the rot and stability. We can try some of the more fancy stuff over the coming weeks but that side should be able to more than hold its own. Add in that the bench would be:

Cornell

O'Connell

Edmundson

Croft

Dunn

Poleon

Turner

For all the doom and gloom over the past few months that bunch of professional footballers has every chance of not being at this end of the table, it will take time but with some TLC, nowse and determination we should be higher up.

If Kelly isn't fit and we don't bring one in then Dieng has to play midfield, playing without a dedicated holding midfielder is just a no-go these days.

How so? If everybody is playing with a holding midfielder why don't we use that as an opportunity to play without one?

I've never got this.

No go-incidence that Murphy looks a lot more dangerous and actually scores when he has someone with vision like Dunn to spot his intelligent runs and play him in. I expect that Dunn rates him and will utilise him more than past managers.

With his talk of grinding 1-0's out I believe he will utilise Poleon in a forward position also. If Croft is fit it wouldn't surprise for them to be the wide players in a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3.

Dunn is naturally going to gravitate towards the silkier players like Winchester so I expect he'll be in the middle alongside Jones and A.N.other.

If he's going to play Dieng at rightback then he may have no option but to play DP in centre mid.

His interview was interesting regarding players thinking they have a guaranteed starting spot, I guess his starting XI will tell all. 3pm on Saturday will be very interesting