• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good, lower league manager who knows how to get the absolute most out of a small squad is the key to Rochdale's success. Sounds simple yet we make it look so hard.

Agreed, do we really need a manager, assistant manager and coach at this level?..looks like a case of too many cooks spoil the broth.

Can anyone remember Jimmy Frizzel's or Big Joe's assistants, I dont think they had two?

Agreed, do we really need a manager, assistant manager and coach at this level?..looks like a case of too many cooks spoil the broth.

Can anyone remember Jimmy Frizzel's or Big Joe's assistants, I dont think they had two?

I can only remember Willie Donachie and Ian Liversidge alongside Joe - the latter being the Physio with a perm and tash ?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get this whole mocking of their home attendances.

Who are you deriding? The ones who actually go or the ones who support City and United, and can't be arsed with their local team?

The same ones that slag our attendance also ignore that fact and blame Corney.

I wonder if dale blame Dunphy for 50 years in league 2

What a time to be a dale fans in the top 6 after 10 games! Woop! The heady heights eh?

It's totally different and a ridiculous comparison.

Rochdale's attendances have been at this level for 40+ years and are at their highest ebb in 65 years.

Corney has presided over the halving of a club's regular fan-base and the lowest ebb the club has been in for 45 years.

NewBlue He was left high and dry by T2A's and hasn't got the finance to invest heavily but in my opinion does the best he can....the club is for sale and he is willing to sell to the right people, if there are no takers what more can he do?

Edited by oafc1955

NewBlue He was left high and dry by T2A's and hasn't got the finance to invest heavily but in my opinion does the best he can....the club is for sale and he is willing to sell to the right people, if there are no takers what more can he do?

There are always takers. He is holding on to his baby as he probably likes being the owner of a football club, as would I. However, with him backing us, we will be a non-league football club far sooner than a Championship one.

There are always takers. He is holding on to his baby as he probably likes being the owner of a football club, as would I. However, with him backing us, we will be a non-league football club far sooner than a Championship one.

I would say we will be neither it just depends if your happy with that, 4000 have decided they are not.

I don't get this whole mocking of their home attendances.

Who are you deriding? The ones who actually go or the ones who support City and United, and can't be arsed with their local team?

I mention it because they are enjoying their most successful period ever and can still only muster 2000 fans for a home game. We had people coming out of the woodwork when in a similar position in the early 90's, Rochdale really do seem to have a tiny fanbase.

But it also goes to show what a well run club they must be, with a great management team in place.

I dont get the mocking of other teams attendances. If you look at the history books then yes they are technically a smaller club than us but currently they are better than us. They are higher in the league and playing better football, scoring more goals and I would suggest they are better run. All this talk of they only got 2000 and that is pityful - by whose standards? I think we need to start dealing with our own issues before mocking other clubs in this league, because the majority of other clubs in this league are currently doing a better job.

It's totally different and a ridiculous comparison.

Rochdale's attendances have been at this level for 40+ years and are at their highest ebb in 65 years.

Corney has presided over the halving of a club's regular fan-base and the lowest ebb the club has been in for 45 years.

Couldn't agree more. Who the :censored: are we to be taking the piss out of anyone's attendances, given how ours have fallen away over the past few years? And how many would we be getting after 30 years (or however long it was) in the fourth tier?

I dont get the mocking of other teams attendances. If you look at the history books then yes they are technically a smaller club than us but currently they are better than us. They are higher in the league and playing better football, scoring more goals and I would suggest they are better run. All this talk of they only got 2000 and that is pityful - by whose standards? I think we need to start dealing with our own issues before mocking other clubs in this league, because the majority of other clubs in this league are currently doing a better job.

They do seem well run,I wonder what the directorship structure is at Rochdale, have they a an outright owner as such?