Swindon 1 Oldham 2

I had to laugh when Swindon scored, they ran to get the ball out of the back of the net to go for the win... he was actually doing us a favour!

The most one sided set of highlights I've seen in a long time so good slick football, plenty of chances.

I watched Rochdale against Shrewsbury. First 15 minutes Shrewsbury were still on the coach, if you can keep Dale quiet down the flanks they are fairly one dimensional, they get over run in midfield resorting to the long ball up to Andrew. Cannon the young kid at right back is the man to get at, good prospect but not the strongest. If we can get Higdon drifting off him and we will win lots of second balls.

Philliskirk should have plenty of space to play in front of their back four like Johnson did last season, they play with a narrow three so unless they sit in there could be plenty of chances.

They are struggling for goals so judging by our head to head, perhaps we will get a rare clean sheet and 2 nil win :) here's hoping!

Only 2, only effing 2? What has happened to our usual 3 against them and their fans say that they are very dodgy in central defence.

Calvin Andrew wont play if Henderson and Vincente are fit. Danger man against us is Alessandra

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a pessimist :)

Vincenti got a knock against bury hence his exclusion last night, he's more of an attacking midfielder than a striker, he has been known to accommodate all three.

Keith Hill rotates more than Ranieri so who's knows who he will start with.

I think 90% of teams in our league are dodgy in central defence :)

They had last season a lad from, I think, Brentford and are seriously missing him. Heard that now from a couple of different regulars.

Jack O'Connell, was on loan from Blackburn first half of the season. Brentford signed him in January, then he went back to Dale in February. A lot of their fans want him back again.

Finally, the first win I've seen live in about 12 months. 8 matches of drivel and then that. It was a really great performance I thought. Often a side at the bottom get a first win through a bit of a cup tie type performance but we were really controlled all the way through.

Kelly was immense. You can see why he's the biggest loss to the team when he's out, he was everywhere and integral to everything we do.

Tactically we were really sound with the pressing high up the field to put their defenders under pressure who like to pass it around. I lost count of the number of times we won the ball off them in their half. After about 70 mins though we retreated back into our own half and I started to worry we were trying to sit back on the lead. But whether instruction came from the dug out or the pitch, they reverted back to the original game plan soon after.

If we'd have drawn it would have been devastating - we had the chances to bury them. Winchester's and Higdon's should have been taken really. But credit to the lads for keeping going and getting the winner.

Higdon's role in the side is so important. It doesn't matter that he's big and slow, the ball sticks when it goes to him and he brings others in to play. And it was good to see us passing into him rather than 'punting it up to the big man'.

Dunn - to be fair to him when he took the job he said he wanted to tighten things up, he did. Then he said he wanted to be more attacking, we were but we started conceding. Then he said he wanted to find the balance, and for the last 2 matches he's done that seemingly. The players he has brought in are all important members of the starting 11 now too. All in all things are looking fairly positive at the moment.

All that being said, Swindon were terrible! Key for us now is pushing on and going on a bit of a run, not just one good performance then follow it up with :censored:e. But all in all things are looking fairly positive at the moment!

Oldham Athletic AFC @OfficialOAFC 6h6 hours ago

We have just been informed that there was 141 Oldham Athletic fans at Swindon Town on Tuesday night. Thank your for your excellent support.

Mark Moisley @moiso4 Oct 20

Great win tonight, and thoroughly deserved. Only one set of fans making all the noise! @OfficialOAFC

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

This is how DD reacted to the equaliser at Swindon.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CR3xIXCWwAA7HGY.mp4

Two minutes later he was jumping up and punching the air.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CR1TvMRXIAAIckO.mp4

Similar 'typical' and 'super' Latics sensations were experienced up in the stand. :scarf001::dance::applause1:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Similar 'typical' and 'super' Latics sensations were experienced up in the stand. :scarf001::dance::applause1:

So good to see him feeling the emotions that most fans go through, when you see that how could you dislike him.

So good to see him feeling the emotions that most fans go through, when you see that how could you dislike him.

Exactly. Those clips should convince those who say he's using us that they're wrong. Got to love any manager that shows that much emotion

Excellent Diego. I'd only just lifted my head out of my hands a few seconds before Philly got the winner. Then I went crackers.