Jason Jarrett

Jason Jarrett featured a lot last night in the BBC's - Class of 92: Out Of Their League.

Where you have 5x ex-premier league footballers buy a small town football team and try and run it.

They don't appear to want to, or be able to make any decisions about running the club.

Jarrett (who I thought had a lot of potential when he played for us, but something was wrong with him) was playing for Salford for £300.00 a week, he has real problems in his life and it's such a shame to see how he's wasted it away.

Why Salford I ask myself, for the 5x millionaires baffles me and I'd hate to be associated with Gary Neville who's a total control freak.

Edited by pcassist

Was a very enjoyable programme to watch I thought. Gary Neville was clearly running the show. His issue is doing what they want to do but balancing that against the traditions of the club and not alienating all who work there currently. The reason they bought Salford is because they want to build from nothing to Championship level.

I enjoyed the program as well.

Jarrett was saying that he was suffering from mental health issues and was having councilling which could explain why he didn't full fill his potential. I also thought he look good early in his spell at Latics and IIRC when he left the explanation was he had off field issues.

If the Class of 92 wanted to take a club from nowhere to the Championship, it's a pity Paul Scholes couldn't convince them to do it with his favourite boyhood team!

Jason Jarrett featured a lot last night in the BBC's - Class of 92: Out Of Their League.

Where you have 5x ex-premier league footballers buy a small town football team and try and run it.

They don't appear to want to, or be able to make any decisions about running the club.

Jarrett (who I thought had a lot of potential when he played for us, but something was wrong with him) was playing for Salford for £300.00 a week, he has real problems in his life and it's such a shame to see how he's wasted it away.

Why Salford I ask myself, for the 5x millionaires baffles me and I'd hate to be associated with Gary Neville who's a total control freak.

Interesting view that they didn't appear capable of making decisions yet sacked the manager!

I have to say I'm finding it difficult to cope with the fact that many of G Neville's recent actions appear to show he is a decent human being.

Interesting view that they didn't appear capable of making decisions yet sacked the manager!

I have to say I'm finding it difficult to cope with the fact that many of G Neville's recent actions appear to show he is a decent human being.

Not least his agreement to let the squatters that moved into his hotel stay there for the winter. Thought he came across well last night, certainly seems to be in it for the long haul.

I enjoyed Scholes' response to being asked to play for Salford in the FA Cup, "I'm fat as :censored:!"

By that time Gregan had slowed down to the pace of a disabled slug and the end was coming for him.

Having spent the previous season dragging us across the line, it's no surprise his body had taken a significant hit. To think we'd released him at the start of that year as well!

I thought I'd hate him on Sky and anything else he did. I can't. That pains me.

I thought I'd hate him on Sky and anything else he did. I can't. That pains me.

As I said to the Mrs

'For someone who was a absolute c**t of a player who I hated.He comes across as a really good bloke...the bastard!'

Clearly the Neville's are in charge & the others are silent-ish partners.

Out of interest If they are successful & reach league football where would that leave them as managers,coaches & employees of other clubs. Giggs is tipped to be future Utd boss, Scholes potentially could manage us etc etc etc.

You can't manage Man Utd & own a league 2 club?

Edited by palmer1

What is Sean gregan up to these days? I have always thought he would make a decent manager for us.

Assistant at Darlo. We were hoping to see them at Prescot Cables when the beer festival was on and I was aiming to stand behind him and go into, "How many pints," and see if I could outpace him for the 3 yards to safety before he caught me and kicked me to :censored:. Calendar clashes got in the way :(

Think he would be popular with our fans, a good motivator and take no :censored: in the dressing room

Not wishing to cast aspersions, but he looks as if he's seen the inside of a few pubs since he stopped playing. We would run out of X's if he wanted training shorts

Why not? No more conflict of interest than there is now really - I suppose they could meet in the league cup but that's about it

I very much doubt it would be allowed.

They could meet in the 2 Cup competitions & would obviously be trying to move up the league. Transfers could be made to help this that benefit the owner/ manager etc