all this talk of a change in management

It's got the point now where I believe no matter who is in charge of team affairs this club is going no where but down. Corney and his crew are determined to suck the life out of oafc and they are succeeding. Like all of you I want the new stand to succeed as a business but this has got to work in tandem with the football side of the club. The team has basically been left to rot this year and I've had it now.

I'm sick to death of hearing the crap that comes out of the boardroom. I'm not nieve and realise we are never going to have the biggest budget in the league. But what I do expect is a boardroom with the guts to support its manager. To make an appointment they truly believe in. To give them a budget we can really compete with and not have to fill the team with loan players.

To me Corney and Co are ticking us over as a subsiduary of the oec until they can make a profit. They no longer see us a football team. I don't honestly know their ultimate goal but we as fans are being taken for mugs and quite frankly I've had enough. I've been a season ticket holder for more than 20 years man and boy and even I am struggling to keep the faith so I really don't blame the casuals for finding alternative things to do on a sat afternoon. If I had the know how or the respect of fellow fans to do something about our current situation I'd be at the forefront but I don't. I would certainly however support any movement from a fans group to take action .

We need to stand and be counted

Edited by philliggi

19 games played this season and we've only managed to win 2.......that is truly awful.

I don't want another manager sacked but questions need to be asked, just what is going on.

The consensus this season was that with 3 or 4 additions to a settled squad we could go on to challenge at the top end of the table. We are absolutely nowhere near that now so what the hell has happened. Are these players now deemed not good enough, because we just seem to be adding loan players every other week.

Corney said he was excited to be naming Dunn as the new manager and that he had some great plans going forward, however, I have seen nothing to suggest that we can turn things round anytime soon.

These loan players will be gone come January, what do we do then, revert to the original squad again or go and try to sign some more?

We are in the same situation now as we were when we sacked Dickov, and it seems to be one step forward and two back.

I really fear for our club this season and have seen nothing on the field so far to change that view. For one reason or another the impetus of the new stand has been totally lost and the enthusiasm and excitement we all felt in August has completely disappeared and we are only 3 months into the season!

I just don't give a :censored: anymore. Latics will always be a part of my life, and I may pop to the odd game, but when I'm off work on match day, I just can't be bothered with the :censored: that's being served. ...sad but that's what I feel. .

Heart-of-hearts most fans know the original post is mostly indisputable truths. I've been to 7 of our 19 games so far - fewer than ever by this point. It's not enjoyable in the slightest, and we can talk about the football til blue, but the underlying reality is we're going nowhere as it is - even last season with a glimmer of something they contrived to :censored: it up into a truly horrible season.

Good luck to whoever manages to overcome the overwhelming apathy to do something about it.

It's been this way since TTA knew their initial stadium and development plans couldn't get off the ground. They wanted to make a quick buck and a toy they could invest in too I'm sure. When the economy went Pete tongue two of TTA wanted out and Corney has been left ever since to try and protect their assets. The love has gone and they are gradually recouping pound by pound as much as they can. They will have an amount they want to recover and when they do they will sell us to the highest bidder. Fair play to all you fans still sticking it out but I gave up a long time ago...there simply are better things to be spending my time and money on. I will always turn up to the odd game and listen on Latics Player on days that suit but otherwise my interest is at an all time low.

Darren Kelly's appointment when there was a massive opportunity with the excitement of a new stand (ultimately which has only just materialised) was the final straw for me.

Edited by Blue_Guru

It's been this way since TTA knew their initial stadium and development plans couldn't get off the ground. They wanted to make a quick buck and a toy they could invest in too I'm sure. When the economy went Pete tongue two of TTA wanted out and Corney has been left ever since to try and protect their assets. The love has gone and they are gradually recouping pound by pound as much as they can. They will have an amount they want to recover and when they do they will sell us to the highest bidder. Fair play to all you fans still sticking it out but I gave up a long time ago...there simply are better things to be spending my time and money on. I will always turn up to the odd game and listen on Latics Player on days that suit but otherwise my interest is at an all time low.

Darren Kelly's appointment when there was a massive opportunity with the excitement of a new stand (ultimately which has only just materialised) was the final straw for me.

Same here. I've seen the thinking behind most of the board's decisions before this, even if I didn't agree with them, but this was mystifying.

I've just lost sight of what I'm supposed to be supporting. The board seem to have lost it, the players are now a bunch either borrowed from other clubs or our own who's game seem to have deteriorated beyond recognition and the manager is about as inspiring as a wet weekend in Wales..

It'll be "big" away games for the social only for me until there's some sign of something worth getting behind..

There is very little that we can do about the ownership of the club, in fact nothing. TTA want to recoup some of their £6M (or more now) before they walk away.

The problem that they have is that those loans will probably continue to increase for a few years even when (oh when) The North Stand is completed.

An additional problem is that any process needs to deal with that even before buying the ground for another few million.

We can help on the pitch by getting behind the team and when a few important players come back from injury we just need to start winning a few football matches.

Over to you Mr Dunn, its reaching the time to start proving yourself. Its very easy-Just start scoring goals and winning games. The mood will change completely.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

I applaud your loyalty, for me there's absolutely nothing worth getting excited about anymore, I can't associate with the players, our kits, the club badge, our sponsors nothing...its just one big merry go round across all fronts...we are the equivalent of a team on a life support machine. Every year Corney and Co do just enough to keep us in this league to keep as many core fans on board as possible...I fear this year or next we will run out of luck and go down and by then Corney and Co will have stripped us of all our assets with nothing worth buying for any future investors

I have been banging on about Corney for a while now, i think the revelation about Vardy speaks absolute volumes about the owner, a complete lack of willingness to take a punt on a talented player, he'd much rather oversee loan signings incurring no or little cost.

I too find the current 'brand' of football painful to watch, yes, we are loyal fans but we all have a limit and i have reached mine insofar as paying 22 quid every week to watch unbridled dross is concerned.

I applaud your loyalty, for me there's absolutely nothing worth getting excited about anymore, I can't associate with the players, our kits, the club badge, our sponsors nothing...its just one big merry go round across all fronts...we are the equivalent of a team on a life support machine. Every year Corney and Co do just enough to keep us in this league to keep as many core fans on board as possible...I fear this year or next we will run out of luck and go down and by then Corney and Co will have stripped us of all our assets with nothing worth buying for any future investors

I am not one of the blindly loyal but still believe that one of the most important duties of a supporter is to do just that-support.

I disagree about the asset stripping as the assets such as The Ground and The North Stand are both reliant on a football team operating at a decent level.

The one asset that they have stripped is the loyal fanbase-ever decreasing year by year. To cure that we need to start scoring goals and winning football matches.

Everything else will follow. Its easy this football club malarky.

I can understand all this moaning about how poorly we are playing but I really do not get the abuse directed at Simon Corney-many on here thought the new stand would never be built-it has. Many thought it would never open/be in use-it is. Nobody can deny the ground is in a better state now than it has been for years.

The team isn't playing good football but he is still backing it by bringing in new players that who ever was/is in charge identifies.

There is no money in owning a football team in the lower leagues-the only way to make any money is by criminal action. For those of you who think this club is in a mess you need to take a look at what is happening at Northampton Town and remember other clubs like Chester City. This is what happens when you have a chairman who is not interested in the football club.

I have been banging on about Corney for a while now, i think the revelation about Vardy speaks absolute volumes about the owner, a complete lack of willingness to take a punt on a talented player, he'd much rather oversee loan signings incurring no or little cost.

I too find the current 'brand' of football painful to watch, yes, we are loyal fans but we all have a limit and i have reached mine insofar as paying 22 quid every week to watch unbridled dross is concerned.

Matt Smith, Rhys Turner.

What can fans do after Corney has sold up to make sure this doesn't happen again? Or is it pure chance?

One of the points above got it spot on. Appointing Darren Kelly was one of the most bizarre decisions I have ever witnessed. That showed to me how the new stand has subordinated the football inordinately to Corney.

What can fans do after Corney has sold up to make sure this doesn't happen again? Or is it pure chance?

One of the points above got it spot on. Appointing Darren Kelly was one of the most bizarre decisions I have ever witnessed. That showed to me how the new stand has subordinated the football inordinately to Corney.

I usually try to defend the club where I think they deserve it but there's no getting away from 3 big mistakes in the last 12 months... Evans, no permanent manager to try and stay in the play offs and appointing Darren Kelly. Shocking decisions, all 3 of them and it's no surprise the reaction of some fans.

Its a massive shame as the new stand should have been a big positive. Instead it's overshadowed by all the negativity.

It's got the point now where I believe no matter who is in charge of team affairs this club is going no where but down. Corney and his crew are determined to suck the life out of oafc and they are succeeding. Like all of you I want the new stand to succeed as a business but this has got to work in tandem with the football side of the club. The team has basically been left to rot this year and I've had it now.

I'm sick to death of hearing the crap that comes out of the boardroom. I'm not nieve and realise we are never going to have the biggest budget in the league. But what I do expect is a boardroom with the guts to support its manager. To make an appointment they truly believe in. To give them a budget we can really compete with and not have to fill the team with loan players.

To me Corney and Co are ticking us over as a subsiduary of the oec until they can make a profit. They no longer see us a football team. I don't honestly know their ultimate goal but we as fans are being taken for mugs and quite frankly I've had enough. I've been a season ticket holder for more than 20 years man and boy and even I am struggling to keep the faith so I really don't blame the casuals for finding alternative things to do on a sat afternoon. If I had the know how or the respect of fellow fans to do something about our current situation I'd be at the forefront but I don't. I would certainly however support any movement from a fans group to take action .

We need to stand and be counted

What a load of balls,

SC has supported every manager he has appointed, ok he has not made the perfect choice everytime but to say he hasn't supported them is total bollocks.

What another load of bollocks to say they are ticking us over until we make a profit.

SC knows better than anybody that his hopes of every getting any return on his money are Nil -

There's an old saying in football , how do you make a million out of a club , invest 10mill !!!

He has made it clear that he will sell the club but only to somebody that can take us on to another level.

He could have walked a long time ago like the 2 other amigos but he didn't and has kept us afloat to live another day.

An absolute crap posting and i would suggest you get a lesson in business management before you start spouting crap about SC.

Edited by losesome

Corney just needs to employ somebody to run the club, do his job.

There must be someone out there who could.

Somebody who could not only run the club well off the field but also have the contacts, experience & nouse to appoint decent managers & coaches and sign decent players...

Whatever money he had to pay such a person would surely be recouped and then some.....?

When I first saw the title, I thought finally, someone else who is getting tired of the Dunn bashing. Then I scrolled down and saw that it had started again. It seems to matter not what the subject matter is, these threads are getting easier to hijack by than an American Airlines plane. As if that is not enough, we then have to have polls about polls about polls about whether Dunn is the right man for the job and/or would you sack him to get LJ back! I mean FFS that one took the biscuit. I couldn't care less what LJ is doing or what he had for tea. He isn't here, he left; although I secretly do hope that we absolutely rip Barnsley a new one. I don't want him to lose his job, I just want the smug bastard to really squirm.

We have a team, we have a manager, we have four stands, we are still in League one and we are still in the FA cup.

I would love an edgy 1-0 win over Mansfield in the replay, a 6-2 mailing of Salford City in round 2 and a plucky 3-2 defeat at OT in round 3 following a 2-2 draw at BP.

Can we please put the Dunn bashing on hold for a while and just support the :censored:ing team through this? It's getting boring.

Can we please put the Dunn bashing on hold for a while and just support the :censored:ing team through this? It's getting boring.

If he can win some games and/or entertain us people will stop "bashing" him...

It's a two way street. All he has to do is do his job a bit better. That's not an unreasonable thing to ask is it?

Edited by HarryBosch

I can understand all this moaning about how poorly we are playing but I really do not get the abuse directed at Simon Corney-many on here thought the new stand would never be built-it has. Many thought it would never open/be in use-it is. Nobody can deny the ground is in a better state now than it has been for years.

The team isn't playing good football but he is still backing it by bringing in new players that who ever was/is in charge identifies.

There is no money in owning a football team in the lower leagues-the only way to make any money is by criminal action. For those of you who think this club is in a mess you need to take a look at what is happening at Northampton Town and remember other clubs like Chester City. This is what happens when you have a chairman who is not interested in the football club.

Football team with no land and no promotions I would agree, but anyone who goes into Footbal to make money is an idiot, especially at our level.

The landlords have made a decent amount of money on our land, as they brought it off the council for less than it was worth, and have already sold a decent chunk to property developers. Even with the crash on the housing market I still think they would be in line to make money on the land.

That for me is part of the problem, the land is now no longer owned by the club, the new stand is not owned by the club, they are separate entities.

However, part of the club's supposed £8million in liabilities stems from the fact the club took on the liabilities of Brassbank in order to keep Brassbank dormant, having much larger tax bill than would normally expected, the club even announced this was the case too, it is legal to do so.

I wouldn't mind betting it's the same with the new stand, after all it was the club's success on the pitch that helped get it going, but any money made will go into the new company, or at least that's my understanding of it.

The football club is worth roughly £1million, but it has supposedly £8million in liabilities the whole shebang that the landlords paid for is now worth a lot less than it would be because the landlord have already taken pieces of the pie away and made money from them. I bet the landlords are still asking what they paid and the amount of money they put in for the club though, hence why it cannot be sold.

If we go down, there is a clear argument that we could have been equal or better off letting Oldham Athletic go bust and starting afresh with a Phoneix club. AFC Wimbledon started afresh the year before it went tits up for us, and they have been in League 2 for a number of years, there is no reason to suggest that we couldn't be in the same position. Whilst we are in this league and AFC Wimbledon remain in League 2 the landlords will have kept us in a better position. Yet no doubt someone will come on and say "but they saved us"; that simply isn't the case they've taken a club that was dying giving it some new live but now it is getting to the point that the club is soon going to go back on life support.