Southend home game tactics?

Instead of worrying about where to eat at Chapel Rd worry about the :censored:e your teams serving up Dunn and get out on the training pitch, watch a game on Clayton tomorrow and you will see players with more desire than this bunch are showing.

Ha, been waiting for this one!

:censored: sake Dunn, instead of wasting time trying to improve things at the club, you should be spending your time trying to improve things at the club.

Classic.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it many times now. You can't set up Like the away team at home. It works away from home (hence being unbeaten).

Play a team with creativity and you will see a difference!

Cornell

Dummigan

Wilson

Wilson

Mills

Winchester

Kelly

Rasulo

Yeates

Poleon

Higdon

:censored: sake Dunn, instead of wasting time trying to improve things at the club, you should be spending your time trying to improve things at the club.

Classic.

Yes it will all look great in the Conference in 18 months time, its all well and good wanting to make us more professional but lets start on the pitch eh?

I've said it many times now. You can't set up Like the away team at home. It works away from home (hence being unbeaten).

Play a team with creativity and you will see a difference!

Cornell

Dummigan

Wilson

Wilson

Mills

Winchester

Kelly

Rasulo

Yeates

Poleon

Higdon

Overrun in midfield.

Yes it will all look great in the Conference in 18 months time, its all well and good wanting to make us more professional but lets start on the pitch eh?

Why does it have to be either/or? Do you think he cancelled training so he could go out looking at ovens?

You're criticising him for wanting to make the club more professional. Utterly bizarre.

Why does it have to be either/or? Do you think he cancelled training so he could go out looking at ovens?

You're criticising him for wanting to make the club more professional. Utterly bizarre.

Is that bizarre from someone who thought we were the better team yesterday?

Its not so much the wanting us to be more proffesional its just another excuse he is giving for the team not to perform.

Edited by yarddog73

Is that bizarre from someone who thought we were the better team yesterday?

Its not so much the wanting us to be more proffesional its just another excuse he is giving for the team not to perform.

We were the better team in the 2nd half. They were the better team in the first half.

We started :censored:, then got better and only lost because of a defensive howler in the last minute. That's how I saw it anyway.

You want to criticise Dunn for everything he says and does and that's your prerogative. I prefer to look at things more objectively.

You can understand an inexperienced new manager starting the next game with the team that finished by winning the last game however it was the wrong thing to do. We have been looking for a big striker for some time and to start without either Higdon or Fuller confirmed the inexperience of the manager we have.

The game plan seems to be to give the ball to Kelly - the low level route - or much more often to let J Wilson have the ball so that he can make the decisive long hoof. That might work but not when you play Poleon up front on his own. We know we have seen it all before Poleon up front on his own does not work. Poleon needs a striking partner to soften up the defence for him as Higdon did against Mansfield. The selection by our inexperienced manager gave the Barnsley defence an easy time so they kept their shape and performed well - a defence that has lost 8 consecutive games was handed confidence by our manager.

When Johnson had to play Dieng and J Wilson at CB in 2014 due to injuries they produced a string of good winning performances. First choice players returned and this was/has been forgotten. Dieng has been tried in midfield on a number of occasions and it don't work. He is also a much better option, I'm a much better option, than Connor Brown at right back but Connor got the vote over him. If our inexperienced manager could realise that Dieng is a defender who obviously performs better that he trains or why is he not picked that would be a step forward.

My view of the inexcusable loss to Barnsley (manager and goalkeeper fully to blame) is that the players knew they were in the wrong shape with the wrong starting line up and although they wanted to win they know our home record and some couldn't get started.

So to answer the question what should our inexperienced manager do against Southend. The answer is so simple start with a big man up front to partner Poleon, don't play Dieng in the midfield and drop the hapless Coleman (who is no longer the goalkeeper that finished last season - the wonders of our coaching staff).

Edited by Hands on

Until we set up at home to win the game rather than not lose it then I can't see any improvement on the horizon.

Yesterday's first half was abysmal, we created feck all and were outfought and outsmarted by a team that had lost 8 on the bounce, they should have looked demoralised and low on confidence, strangely, after two wins in a week, we were the side who looked absolutely clueless.

I'm getting sick and tired of turning up for home games and watching the dross on offer.

Classic.

It's not that difficult to understand is it? If your windows are leaking and your kitchen is in need of updating. It's pretty simple to see which would cause the most long term damage to your home. He's just pointing out rightly or wrongly he's focusing on the wrong area to improve. If you've 'been waiting' for that one then you need to have a bit of a longer think about it.

It's not that difficult to understand is it? If your windows are leaking and your kitchen is in need of updating. It's pretty simple to see which would cause the most long term damage to your home. He's just pointing out rightly or wrongly he's focusing on the wrong area to improve. If you've 'been waiting' for that one then you need to have a bit of a longer think about it.

So we shouldn't look to improve the ground/facilities/nutrition until we start winning games?

Dunn's not going to be updating the kitchen himself is he?!

So we shouldn't look to improve the ground/facilities/nutrition until we start winning games?

Has anybody said we shouldn't improve anything? As first team manager I suspect he will get judged on results on the pitch though. Edited by yarddog73

That's not what you originally said though was it? You took the piss saying his post meant ''Stop wasting your time trying to improve things and start improving things.' It was pretty obvious what he was trying to say. From your second reply it's pretty obvious you still haven't understood.

That's not what you originally said though was it? You took the piss saying his post meant ''Stop wasting your time trying to improve things and start improving things.' It was pretty obvious what he was trying to say. From your second reply it's pretty obvious you still haven't understood.

Read it again and you're going to have to explain what I'm missing. Because he said instead of worrying about the food set up at training he should be worrying about the poor form.

I don't get why doing something about one would mean he has less time to do something about the other. But maybe I'm missing the subtle meaning.

Read it again and you're going to have to explain what I'm missing. Because he said instead of worrying about the food set up at training he should be worrying about the poor form.

I don't get why doing something about one would mean he has less time to do something about the other. But maybe I'm missing the subtle meaning.

Yes he has plenty of time, he goes watching trialists in Brighton who don't play as well, will that help us improve?

Please don't play Dieng in midfield again was suprised to see him start there after Tuesday when he was awful, how could Dunn not see this ? The best games I've seen Dieng play are at CB and RB, don't think I've seen him have a good game in midfield, Corney wonders why the home attendances are so poor you just have to turn up to find out why, people are sick of seeing the same old dross, can we please have a manager that attacks at home for once!

Until we set up at home to win the game rather than not lose it then I can't see any improvement on the horizon.

Yesterday's first half was abysmal, we created feck all and were outfought and outsmarted by a team that had lost 8 on the bounce, they should have looked demoralised and low on confidence, strangely, after two wins in a week, we were the side who looked absolutely clueless.

I'm getting sick and tired of turning up for home games and watching the dross on

Spot on

he didn't play Fulton because Fulton didn't want to be cup-tied the game before as he sees that as his chance of game time when he goes back to Swansea. Play him in the middle with Kelly. That's your sterotypical 1 sit and 1 push. No need for anymore in there. Yeates wide left and either Winch on the right where he played well last season. Can drift inside and leave space for Dummigan. Or play Dummigan wide right and Eckersley or Dieng right back.

We'll set up to try to get a point by getting every possible body behind the ball, and just hope they can't break us down and somehow we can cling on for the point.

That's about as optimistic as I can get about the game.

i can see us losing this 0-2 as Southend are absolutely flying, comparing their form to that of Barnsley coming into Saturday's game and they proved much to good for us.

BP was asking what the tactics should be.

I honestly don't think the starting 11 matters massively as, it seems to me, we've gone into every game going back to Gillingham (I think?) with exactly the same strategy - to protect the 0-0 until the last 20 minutes or until we go 1 down....

And maybe Gillingham was just a fluke...

Funnily enough just mentioned Gillingham in regards to going for a team. That's how I saw it, we took the game to them and nearly got the win. So yes, I think you are right it was a fluke, as we just attacked. Rubbish defending at times, but was infintely more inspiring, and we did not look like rabbits caught in headlights scared to know where to put the ball.

Funnily enough just mentioned Gillingham in regards to going for a team. That's how I saw it, we took the game to them and nearly got the win. So yes, I think you are right it was a fluke, as we just attacked. Rubbish defending at times, but was infintely more inspiring, and we did not look like rabbits caught in headlights scared to know where to put the ball.

We went 1-0 down early doors there, and had to change it up quickly. Maybe why we looked more attacking.