Blackpool in for Philiskirk

Hang on petal, the question is whether £75k for DP was good business. As a student of business you will understand that it's a good test to ask the question whether buying him back for the same would make sense. Of course, it would be absurd. Wouldn't it?

Which question is this that you have moved onto now? Is he is worth £75K now-No! Was he worth £75K to Blackpool-well yes because they paid that.

Should we have risked selling him to a relegation rival-probably not! Have we ended up better off-Yes, thanks to Shez and Shirtliff.

Are Main & Holloway better players than him-perhaps! Is Palmer a better midfielder than him-definately Yes. Are those 3 our players-No!

Where is bloody Bambi, our saviour, the football genius that would rescue us? On the bench! Where will Bambi go? Sorry I cannot answer that one!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which question is this that you have moved onto now? Is he is worth £75K now-No! Was he worth £75K to Blackpool-well yes because they paid that.

Should we have risked selling him to a relegation rival-probably not! Have we ended up better off-Yes, thanks to Shez and Shirtliff.

Are Main & Holloway better players than him-perhaps! Is Palmer a better midfielder than him-definately Yes. Are those 3 our players-No!

Where is bloody Bambi, our saviour, the football genius that would rescue us? On the bench! Where will Bambi go? Sorry I cannot answer that one!

Connor Brown is a better midfielder than Danny. Bringing Palmer into that question is just cruel. We'll see where Winchester goes. I think you have an uneasy feeling that it's going to be into our starting 11.

Connor Brown is a better midfielder than Danny. Bringing Palmer into that question is just cruel. We'll see where Winchester goes. I think you have an uneasy feeling that it's going to be into our starting 11.

Why, are we planning starting a ballet dancing group?

Sorry, the downboat was an error.

Why, are we planning starting a ballet dancing group?

Sorry, the downboat was an error.

Dunn isn't the manager any more. Danny was his kind of player. Although if he tried ballet he'd fall over as soon as a 4 stone dancer touched him.

I dont need any prayers thank you, just to know that I was correct about his worth to the team.

If he moves on, which I think that he would be very stupid to do to Oyston's Blackpool, then so be it-but we will miss him and his goals and relegation will become much more likely!

Shows how :censored:e the other 10 are.

He is a good honest pro who has scored some really valuable goals this season and we are considering selling him to a relegation rival

He has been our best player this season (and top goalscorer) when we all know that the team have been absolutely :censored:e

The goals he crops up with have mainly been winners or late equalisers=Points gained

I dont care about history-this season is what we should base any decision on. You cant compare his scoring record this season to a striker as he is in midfield

We are :censored:ed as long as Corney remains in charge assisted by Baz-it doesnt really matter who is sold this month.

By the way if he agrees to go to Blackpool he really will be fcuked

Absolutely brain dead management-and for once it cannot be blamed on Dunn.

1) Agreed 2) Probably Not 3) His leaving will make it less likely-if only for his Goals . His Goals will also help one of our rivals!

It is just a mind numbingly bad decision, whether you rate him personally or not-the Manager clearly does, as did previous Managers

His father should have given him a smack and told him to be sensible

Blackpool have signed our top goalscorer this season (whatever his historical record might be) and you seek to minimise the effect that this might have on us this season. OK he is not Messi and never will be but they are our Relegation rivals, the lad started at Latics, his father coaches at Latics and whatever one may think of his abilities he is without doubt a decent honest pro who plays until the 90th minute, selected consistently by manager after manager.

His goals, whether one seeks to minimise their importance this season, have gained us a lot of our points this season.

You may not rate him as a player, whether it be in midfield or in attack, but he has signed for a :censored:e club with questionable owners and a toxic atmosphere.

If you are happy watching players such as Poleon, Winchester or Croft in his place then so be it.

Our club is being run into the ground and this 'fire sale' plus probably others to follow very quickly is in my opinion merely the prelude to Administration.

If you cannot see that our season is being thrown away, basically to cover for the owners inability to properly manage a building project then thats fine!

To keep reiterating that you think he is of limited ability is, just like others trying to argue that his goals 'earning' us points this season is questionable, irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

At 5 pm tomorrow we will be looking back on another defeat with fans like you saying 'DP wasnt that good you know' whilst our club dies a slow death.

For David Dunn to keep us up this season will be an abolute miracle. If you look forward to 20 years in League 2 you might be a tad lonely!

I have some sympathy for you Chaddysmoker, as I was unconvinced selling Philliskirk to a relegation rival was the wisest decision.... but the facts are, Leeslovers position that it was a good decision was proved spot on.... and your multiple vociferous diatribe - displayed above - was incorrect. It would be most sensible simply to admit it....!

I have some sympathy for you Chaddysmoker, as I was unconvinced selling Philliskirk to a relegation rival was the wisest decision.... but the facts are, Leeslovers position that it was a good decision was proved spot on.... and your multiple vociferous diatribe - displayed above - was incorrect. It would be most sensible simply to admit it....!

In effect, selling Philli - as much as I liked him - to fund the loans of Holloway & Main proved inspired. Tis Doncaster who made the faux pas allowing a relegation rival to have their player, not us....

Can't believe we're still talking about Philliskirk. Glad we got rid. My 2 year old could hold off a challenge better than him. At least Winchester, as slight as he is, knows how to position his body to hold off a defender or win a foul. Miles better player. Winchester will boss midfield next season.

In effect, selling Philli - as much as I liked him - to fund the loans of Holloway & Main proved inspired. Tis Doncaster who made the faux pas allowing a relegation rival to have their player, not us....

Selling Philiskirk was actually used to pay off our last management team and bring in Shez but you are right it was the right call in the circumstances.

Can't believe we're still talking about Philliskirk. Glad we got rid. My 2 year old could hold off a challenge better than him. At least Winchester, as slight as he is, knows how to position his body to hold off a defender or win a foul. Miles better player. Winchester will boss midfield next season.

He's supposed to have been doing that since 2011, still waiting...

Good decision re value at time with hindsight and giving Shez wiggle room on deals. Proves it was right decision but Danny a professional good trainer, decent lad and getting unfair stick. Being asked to play in any position doing so in a :censored: team at time doesn't make him a crap footballer. Scored a few goals at critical times why we have to have whipping boys is strange one when never really did anything he hadn't been asked too.

Have him back? Can't see that happening but football a funny game.

Agree with all of this barring the final paragraph. Have him back? Most definitely.

In truth I have sympathy for the lad with where he's been told to play, but any unfair stick he got is solely down to Mr Smoker making it such effortless fun.

There may or may not be a striker in there, but he is hopeless in wide midfield and a calamity as a deep midfielder.

Is it just me that thinks its all very simple? Danny was offered a better deal. Oafc needed the money to bring more players/shez in. Danny was top scorer at the time so to sell him to a league and survival rival was a huge gamble. Today we can look back and say it was a gamble that paid off. Many gambles this season have not payed off but ultimately the owner and board have got away with it this season. Finally, on Danny, any stick aimed at him is, imo, pathetic

Edited by OAFC_ULTRA

Bang on ULTRA....a good player who produced decent performances in a number of positions.

His versatility has probably hampered his overall progress and if played up alongside Holloway as the 2nd striker could well have been a good pairing.

All the stick he gets on here is not warranted and I would wager he'd still be here if Shefidan had arrived earlier!

Bang on ULTRA....a good player who produced decent performances in a number of positions.

His versatility has probably hampered his overall progress and if played up alongside Holloway as the 2nd striker could well have been a good pairing.

All the stick he gets on here is not warranted and I would wager he'd still be here if Shefidan had arrived earlier!

He also get's a lot of support on here too. Said it before, he is a decent footballer and I would welcome him back..

3000th post - memo to self: need to get out more. Mind you compared to some...

Edited by TheBigDog