Blackpool in for Philiskirk

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comment from Blackpool's forum:

"Blackpool_Fan

Hearing that Blackpool want to give him back to Oldham on a free transfer. Blackpool looking to save some money that is owned to Oldham"

I'd take him back for free. Squad player though.

Joking aside, I always said he'd make an old fashioned "good servant" who'd chip in with a consistent 8-12 goals+ season in, season out if he stayed long term.

If Shez wants him back I'll trust his judgement completely.

That said, I think he'll want players with a bit more ooomph.

Maybe he can instill that missing ooomph though...?

Doubt he'll be back any time soon. If Blackpool still owe us some money for him, Corney will have already allocated it towards finishing the new stand so he won't want to use it on Philliskirk instead.

Doubt he'll be back any time soon. If Blackpool still owe us some money for him, Corney will have already allocated it towards finishing the new stand so he won't want to use it on Philliskirk instead.

Yeh this.

In addition he was on improved terms on a longer deal for Blackpool so can't see us matching that!

He is still awful, so dire. That's the problem with fans accepting mediocrity as highlighted in the crowds thread. If you are happy having the likes of Danny P in your squad then you have a real issue.

It's no shock he went to Blackpool and they are sinking, he is shocking.

12 - 2 in cup games.

7 for us and 5 for Blackpool

Think ROAM has nailed it really. He's not what we need if we have aspirations of going up but if we fancy a mid table season he's an ideal squad player. Not one of our players has got anywhere near 12 goals.

He is still awful, so dire. That's the problem with fans accepting mediocrity as highlighted in the crowds thread. If you are happy having the likes of Danny P in your squad then you have a real issue.

Far more productive than Winchester has ever been/ever will be.

Productive? If you reckon turning inside and never making a forward pass is productive then Danny is your man, very ordinary player who has made zero impact at Blackpool, no loss at all to us.

12 - 2 in cup games.

7 for us and 5 for Blackpool

"He is still awful, so dire"

"Very ordinary player who has made zero impact at Blackpool"

And yet he scored 12 goals in two struggling sides...

I tend to take a more measured view of his abilities - and believe that anyone who scores the goals he has cannot be an ordinary player. What has been missing is a decent manager who can bring the best out of him.

I would love to know what the Shezmeister would make of him. As for me, I like him.

And yet he scored 12 goals in two struggling sides...

Sides struggle when they're relying on the quality of Danny Philliskirk. When we got rid and brought in more effective players like Main and Holloway we improved.

13 league goals with us in 3 seasons isn't good enough. Nowhere near.

So let's get this right, you are saying that 85% (Incl Leeslover) got it wrong?

Hang on petal, the question is whether £75k for DP was good business. As a student of business you will understand that it's a good test to ask the question whether buying him back for the same would make sense. Of course, it would be absurd. Wouldn't it?