Is it time to bring Philly (snr.) to the rescue (again) ?

...and in three months if he hasn't been successful he will be sacked and hated... I wonder why he never fancied being a manager...

Maybe from people who cant be arsed going to watch and pay money that might keep this club alive ? Most who go will know that TP would give it his all like usual. What :censored: are you going to post next ?

How would he deal with recruitment?

We need somebody who knows players and has targets.

He knows the youth players, and you do win things with kids....!

But we have had a few managers claims G great contacts, and hardly any players materialised.

He'll have a Joe type knowledge of the unloved (but conviction free.. ) player on the fringe.

How would he deal with recruitment?

We need somebody who knows players and has targets.

What, like Dunn?

TP can't have had the best resources at youth level, but produces teams of winners.

I doubt the most cynical of Latics fan would turn on him, but could understand why he wouldn't fancy the job...

Edited by JoeP

Top bloke & great coach but what makes anyone think that he could work with these players? Everyone likes to turn on Holden and blame him for our form due to his role as first team coach but didn't TP act in a similar role last season for Holden when we also struggled for results?

Fiddling about with coaches won't make any difference when the playing staff isn't up to it.

If the guy doesn't really want it, don't give it him. Especially if there's a risk of him selecting Chris Iwelumo again.

But if there are enough days in the week could we utilise his coaching and tactical skills differently?

When he became Dickov's assistant Matt Smith changed from being a useless lump to a towering threat who scored goals and went from being a non-league hopeful to, a few months later, an effective Championship striker. He was also stood next to Dickov at the City Ground and when we beat Liverpool.

1) One morning a week coaching the strikers. Time with a real coach who knows what strikers need to do.

2) Matchday with the first team alongside Dunn. A third voice of reason throughout the game. A voice of experience to help Dunn get more from the players.

I am fed up of this present manager,his assistant and bunch of a verage/poor players most of whom appear to not want to work their socks off win,draw or loose. Our goalkeeping has been dire for years.

We used to pride ourselves when I started watching Latics in 1970 with having good keepers,no nonsense defenders,wingers with flair and strikers w ho would not chicken out and hustled and got at defenders. Now it is weak in all aspects and tippy tappy midfielders form most of the team.

Apart from the Penney season I have never watched so much crap in the team I have loved so many years.

When I see teams like Burton,Walsall and Gillingham towering above us I despair.They have similar funds I suspect to us so no excuses .

I first watched Latics in the old 4th division and unless this is sorted out soon I will be doing the same nexr

season.Ino longer look forwards to Saturdays but go out of blind loyaltyand even that is wearing very thin now.

A third voice of reason? You mean 1 voice of reason alongside 2 voices belonging to clueless clots?

You mean 3 clueless clots, watching Dunn, Brown and Holden yesterday messing around with ear pieces and whispering in Dunns ear every 2 minutes reminded me of three clowns in the playground, who is this Brown who seems to have made 3/4 of our first team squad worse players? Whats his pedigree because he seems less qualified than Kelly to be around a group of League 1 pro's, now I know being up Dunns arse counts for a lot around our first team squad and this guys right up there but what has he genuinely brought to that group of players? If Dunn cant afford players he could do worse than ship Brown and Holden out, they could well be his biggest problem. Edited by yarddog73