Assistant Manager

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said in the interview the assistant he's after has won league 1 and 2, and also has championship experience?

I wasn't sure whether Shez was correcting himself when he said "division two, division one" but Posh won the League One playoffs in Russell's first season as assistant and then were obviously in the Championship. He also won the old second division as a player at Stoke.

I wasn't sure whether Shez was correcting himself when he said "division two, division one" but Posh won the League One playoffs in Russell's first season as assistant and then were obviously in the Championship. He also won the old second division as a player at Stoke.

That's how I heard it...although I thought he meant he had won promotion from league 1 as a player, with time as an assistant specifically in the championship

Paul Murray for me - all day long - class and the players apparently loved his coaching style and ideas

He said the person he wanted had been assistant at a club which got promoted from L2 and had been assistant in the Championship. This person wants to come, but they need to agree terms.

The rarely-wrong Chron says Kevin Russell has been linked with a job in the back room team.

It then quotes Shez saying:
“He has won this division as an assistant and has assisted in the Championship. Hopefully, it will be next week some time, though we need to sit down and talk. He seems keen to come and hopefully, he can.”

Whether Shez is referring to Russell or the Chron is putting two and two together, is open to interpretation.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/96184/sheridan-gets-green-light-for-fresh-faces

The rarely-wrong Chron says Kevin Russell has been linked with a job in the back room team.

It then quotes Shez saying:

He has won this division as an assistant and has assisted in the Championship. Hopefully, it will be next week some time, though we need to sit down and talk. He seems keen to come and hopefully, he can.

Whether Shez is referring to Russell or the Chron is putting two and two together, is open to interpretation.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/96184/sheridan-gets-green-light-for-fresh-faces

Pretty positive the chron is just quoting Sheridans press conference statement and adding it to Russel

Feeney says he turned down the chance to come here with Shez.

Not surprising really if you know your gonna get the managers gig at a club in an area where you own a house and your family live.

And he already has a history here which wouldn't give him the best of grounds to start from