Now Sheridan is Back, Rest of the Season Predictions

Rest of the Season Predictions.  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Latics finish in the league?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think relegation is still the likely option. Just don't think a squad that wins only three games in half a season will be able to turn it around so drastically, regardless of a new manager. Just hope Shez gets some backing whatever happens.

Confident that Shez will prove the main issue was the management. The squad we've got could be improved but he'll get more out of what we've got already. I don't think he'll turn them into world beaters but that team should have more points.

I think relegation is still the likely option. Just don't think a squad that wins only three games in half a season will be able to turn it around so drastically, regardless of a new manager. Just hope Shez gets some backing whatever happens.

Confident that Shez will prove the main issue was the management. The squad we've got could be improved but he'll get more out of what we've got already. I don't think he'll turn them into world beaters but that team should have more points.

When we got beat by the donkey lashers in the play offs, didn't they storm up the league from almost nowhere? Anyone know from how far down? .. I very much doubt for one minute we can get that sort of turnaround but if summat clicks then a better placing could be on the cards? Last game trepidation isn't for me anymore lol

When we got beat by the donkey lashers in the play offs, didn't they storm up the league from almost nowhere? Anyone know from how far down? .. I very much doubt for one minute we can get that sort of turnaround but if summat clicks then a better placing could be on the cards? Last game trepidation isn't for me anymore lol

I think that one is just a myth.

By about the turn of the year they were just outside the playoffs they were always within striking distance it's just that they got up by peaking in the final 3rd of that season.

I'm an avoid relegation because I have always thought this squad has been made worse by club, coaching and management. We have lost the losing coach and have a manager who is capable, a manager who thinks the priority is to score goals, and just possibly Simon has turned his attention away from the white elephant North Stand and realised we need to stay in this division. The signing of a dominant centre back will make this easier but just a change in fortune and positive vibes could do wonders.

I'm all for thinking up so now to Bradford. Come on you Blues

When Sheridan was mooted as the likely candidate I said it would take more than a new manager to change our fortunes and I still take that view. The squad we have is not capable of keeping us in this division and I have no faith in the club's ambitions to fund any decent signings to prevent relegation - indeed I'll stick my neck out and suggest we might even sell one or two of our more capable players to keep the club afloat this season to avoid administration and prepare for division 2.

The result today (1-0 loss to Bradford) and other results means we are now realistically 3 wins away from safety (and that's assuming the clubs above us don't improve their positions further) - can anyone see us making up that ground?

At least he's had a look and will now be in a better position to see what and who need changing. A confidence inspired, honeymoon win would have been nice, but might have given an illusion that some of these players are good enough, and they're not. At least now he's got an excuse to make immediate changes.

Edited by PlayItLivo