Crowdfunding scoreboard

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they've actually bought it anyway and are just trying to raise as much money towards it as they can, seeing as it's parked outside the north stand every time anything is going on at the club.

Only been there twice...launch day and today as a taster to wet the fans appetites!

Despite an initial lack of enthusiasm on my part, I've changed my mind. I want this thing inside Boundary Park.

A few quid from everybody plus a bit of sponsorship with the club chipping in too could make it possible.

Give it a go.

£5 for a chance to win the match ball from the Liverpool win. £75 for a Lee Croft signed limited edition print from that game. Other choices too.

http://www.tifosy.com/latics

Edited by opinions4u

The trust board are monitoring the fundraising efforts on this and although we do have finances, I don't think they will plug the gap at the moment.

To be honest and I'm going to be damn when I say this, there are other priorities that the funds should be used for, or kept in the the bank until needed

In my opinion that is, so Let the damning begin.....

Edited by underdog

Fully agree with you, the money could be better spent. Granted that the screen would bring in advertising revenue we could also get advertising revenue through less high tech schemes. Broady managed to get someone to sponsor the old Lookers car park, what would that have cost? Two bottles of vodka, a couple of lap dances and a few photos of the B&Q car park?

The trust board are monitoring the fundraising efforts on this and although we do have finances, I don't think they will plug the gap at the moment.

To be honest and I'm going to be damn when I say this, there are other priorities that the funds should be used for, or kept in the the bank until needed

In my opinion that is, so Let the damning begin.....

I wasn't suggesting the Trust should plug the gap.

I was suggesting that if the funds were raised the Trust should enjoy the ongoing revenue and reinvest it in facilities for supporters. Like another scoreboard visible to the North Stand. ;)

If the club made such a commitment it could drive more donations.