Crowdfunding scoreboard

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my previous experience of crowdfunding if you don't reach the target then the money isn't relesed to the project so you essentially get the money back you have 'pledged/contributed' and the scoreboard doesn't happen.

Although there is no reason that if we hit say £90,000 with 1hr to go then a mystery person (club maybe) gives the final £30k to hit the target and see the project succeed.

Not heard of this company before though so that may be different.

We've already bought the scoreboard though. Or at least it is at the ground.

I do think it's a bit cheeky to ask for donations for something which will earn the club (or the owners) more money.

I'd want assurances the money would go towards playing budgets.

Edited by NewBlue

All the money we raise will go towards the big screen. If contributions fall short of the amount, the money will be either be spent on a smaller project i.e. scoreboard, or held in the account until the remainder of the money needed can be raised through other fundraising initiatives.

Didn't see that on the FAQ. Thanks! ?

Where does it say that?

Jenny Warburton and others have pictures of the board at the ground.

Whether it is being loaned, I don't know.

As for the other point, it would be wrong for the owners to be profiteering from something the fans have bought.

Edited by NewBlue

We've already bought the scoreboard though. Or at least it is at the ground.

I do think it's a bit cheeky to ask for donations for something which will earn the club (or the owners) more money.

I'd want assurances the money would go towards playing budgets.

We haven't, that is a display model in the car park...

That's exactly what will happen isn't it? Surely?

£90k is raised, the club get a £120k big screen for chucking in the last £30K........

Makes sense....

All the money we raise will go towards the big screen. If contributions fall short of the amount, the money will be either be spent on a smaller project i.e. scoreboard, or held in the account until the remainder of the money needed can be raised through other fundraising initiatives.

I think its brilliant. Gives the fans confidence it will go on a scoreboard. The Trust should get behind it whether it succeeds or fails.

Rochdale supporters Trust have done something similar with Dales training ground.

So let's get this straight #oafc are wanting us to crowdfund a new scoreboard as well as pay for tickets to watch and playershare to supposedly buy new players. Why are they bothered about a scoreboard when we are locked in a relegation battle and failed to bring in a striker? The board need to get their priorities sorted and quick before our club goes down the pan.

Read somewhere that Portsmouth succeeded with funding 270k for new training facilities and that's what they want to replicate. Big difference in fan basis

Our fanbase is probably 10% of theirs, if not smaller

23k is more realistic. Then again, they can't seriously expect £120k, as out of touch as they are...

Edited by NewBlue

So let's get this straight #oafc are wanting us to crowdfund a new scoreboard as well as pay for tickets to watch and playershare to supposedly buy new players. Why are they bothered about a scoreboard when we are locked in a relegation battle and failed to bring in a striker? The board need to get their priorities sorted and quick before our club goes down the pan.

Don't give towards it then. It's a choice for fans if they want to or not!

After Peterborough, Southend and Scunthorpe we really need a scoreboard. I started losing count.

Guest nonaenever

With everything that's going on - does any actually, really, truly give 2 hoots about a bloody scoreboard - seriously? This is all a laugh isn't it ??