David Eyres

Anybody worried about the lack of signings in an attempt to keep us up?

David Eyres in the Chron tonight stating John Sheridan needs backing from the board which some could interpret the following way

1 John Sheridan was made certain promises when being appointed in terms of tranfers which has not materialised as of yet?

2 Conspiracy theory could be that David Eyres has done this for his mate, in the local media to try to crank up the pressure on the board.

Be intrested to hear other peoples thoughts on the article!!!!!

We badly need that target man at the very least but things are not looking good. The transfer window came and went after Shez's promise of a couple of new faces and now after his claim of being 90% sure of two coming in this week it's Thursday now and still no news.

It looks like we'll be picking up the scraps again as I fear our favoured targets will be snapped up by now. I'd like to think Shez is holding the announcements back aka Gerrard but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Very vey frustrating with the situation we are in!!

We badly need that target man at the very least but things are not looking good. The transfer window came and went after Shez's promise of a couple of new faces and now after his claim of being 90% sure of two coming in this week it's Thursday now and still no news.

It looks like we'll be picking up the scraps again as I fear our favoured targets will be snapped up by now. I'd like to think Shez is holding the announcements back aka Gerrard but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Very vey frustrating with the situation we are in!!

There hasn't been much activity across the leagues since the loan window opened - 4 in league 1 to be precise.

Who would you kick out of the current team? Who would you bring in?

Poleon for me wouldn't get near and Forte is best used as an impact player from the bench. Don't know what funds are available but a dominant CF who can hold the ball up because Cassidy quite clearly can't and a wide player who is a goal threat.

As for names, I've no idea but we simply have to start scoring goals to have any chance of staying up and that's something we haven't managed to do all season with this group of players.

If we get a striker on loan he will be at least 5th choice at his club.....I have been racking my brain to think of a club who had a prolific goal scoring player who can hold the ball up who is surplus to requirements and available tor £500 a week......I think I need a bit more tome to think

If we get a striker on loan he will be at least 5th choice at his club.....I have been racking my brain to think of a club who had a prolific goal scoring player who can hold the ball up who is surplus to requirements and available tor £500 a week......I think I need a bit more tome to think

Higdon (probably falls down on the £500 a week bit...)

But I don't think we need someone prolific. We need a battering ram to hold the ball up, bring others into play, and if he scores a couple, great. Forte and Murphy have goals in them, and if we had a Higdon/Jabo, we'd be in a much better position.

Also, Matt Smith has only started 4 games this season. Come on Corney, bring him home.

Also, Matt Smith has only started 4 games this season. Come on Corney, bring him home.

Are you serious? The guy is useless unless you wanted to play with good wingers who can cross a ball. I have never seen a professional footballer so slow in my entire life.

Higdon (probably falls down on the £500 a week bit...)

But I don't think we need someone prolific. We need a battering ram to hold the ball up, bring others into play, and if he scores a couple, great. Forte and Murphy have goals in them, and if we had a Higdon/Jabo, we'd be in a much better position.

We should never have allowed Jabo Ibhere to leave

Re signings, I am sure the main issue is we have only played 4 home games since 24th November. With this weekend too, that's 12 weeks.

Obviously, pain of losing wise, it's not all bad, but financially it is clearly crippling.

Edited by singe