Fuck the scoreboard!

Is this the lad from :censored:ing Burton?! :wink:

I think Burton know they've got a player in Palmer. Don't think they'll be letting him go.

Is he out of contract this season? Presumably would need paying for given his age but if he's wanted enough we might be able to get him.

Farrrrrr better than the over rated Kelly.

A class act.

Or two players that complement each other perfectly?

Personally Palmer was sublime was my MOM yesterday but I also thought Kelly was superb and so vital to the win. How many times did he dispose Gills high up the pitch? Yes he isn't the worlds' best passer but that's not newsworthy.

Personally Palmer was sublime was my MOM yesterday but I also thought Kelly was superb and so vital to the win. How many times did he dispose Gills high up the pitch? Yes he isn't the worlds' best passer but that's not newsworthy.

True. True. Trueness.

To stand a chance of keeping him we need to stay up.

If we do that, then we have a chance.

Burton are flying and have been happy to offload with his contract coming to an end. Obviously they feel (and looking at the table you'd argue they are right) that there midfield doesn't need him.

So if they go up and are looking to strengthen, it's highly likely that they'd see him as surplus to requirements and we'd have a chance.

If they don't go up, given the present situation it would potentially be dependant on if they kept hold of their current midfield. If they did then again I'd see them letting him go. However if they stay down, lose a few to "bigger" clubs then they may want to hold on.

He has played regularly for them before and is now not catching, therefore unlikely he is viewed as a prospect.

If Burtob want to let him go, it will depend very much on what we can offer, if he likes it here, and who else is interested.

From the outside, dropped by Burton and picked up by a struggling team is hardly likely to have the scouts queuing up outside BP....so that is positive.

Burton only just up from League Two and not likely to be big spenders, so wages may not be a stumbling block.

Finally, if we do stay up, then you'd guess the feel good factor in the club - manager, players down to the canteen staff will be buzzing. That plus a sales pitch of "we can build a team round you in the centre of midfield" could be attractive to a player that has spend a long period on the sidelines.

Fair enough. But he does make some very negative passes and quite often gives the ball back to the opposition. I just don't think he is anywhere near as good as some here believe.

100% - Its not a question of whether or not Burton want to keep him, he'll be wanted by a few league one clubs.

If we stay up after a good last quarter of the season, we'd have half a chance. Shez will be drumming it into them that we'll continue our good form and kick on next season.

Monday morning, the sun's out and I'm convincing myself!

Still a big if, but this could be the appointment that stops next year's season ticket sales dropping to an all time low.