Match off

Looks like there was little attempt to get the match on. There can't have been a frozen pitch. I live close to the ground and there's no problem wuth the surroundings.

If waterloggong was the issue surely covers should have been down before the snowfall?

Looks like there was little attempt to get the match on. There can't have been a frozen pitch. I live close to the ground and there's no problem wuth the surroundings.

If waterloggong was the issue surely covers should have been down before the snowfall?

Pure speculation on your part regarding the perceived effort. At least the decision has been made early to save me a fruitless 400 mile round trip!

Area NPLD1 and above games yet to be called, NWCL are likely to be called off.

Trafford vs New Mills
Radcliffe vs Witton Albion
Salford vs Ashton Utd
Stalybridge vs Alfreton
Alty vs Macclesfield
Rammy off, Mossley off.

At least I got out of bed looking out on a fine day.

This club is run in an amateur fashion.

Seriously, turn the computer off, put your phone down and go and enjoy the fine day of which you speak.

It's really not worth getting angry or upset over.

What's frustrating is when we are the only match off.

Did Bury not get any snow!!!

The snow in Oldham is pretty much always worse than the rest of Greater Manchester.

Edited by jsslatic

BP is 250 feet higher than Gigg Lane.

Some absolutely ridiculous reactions here. The referee makes the decision in the end. And if we didn't do anything to assist, so be it, we've had a load of fixtures in a row, our players are knackered, our pitch is dog turd, and a foot of snow fell yesterday.

Edited by josh_latics

BP is 250 feet higher than Gigg Lane.

Some absolutely ridiculous reactions here. The referee makes the decision in the end. And if we didn't do anything to assist, so be it, we've had a load of fixtures in a row, our players ate knackered, our pitch is dog turd, and a foot of snow fell yesterday.

It does seem a little bit likely that we were happy to have this one called off after the references to the players being tired on Tuesday. Nice 10 day break, come back refreshed next week and continue the unbeaten run

If there's anything good about it being called off, maybe a few others who maybe struggled to get funds for a season ticket before yesterday could now figure something out before the next game to get the maximum 4 games?

Edited by thetramdriver

Am I the only person who is glad to be spending this afternoon with the wife?

I asked the wife which would she prefer: game on and I'm away until 8pm or game off and she get's to spend the day with me...

'Please let it be on' was her response on bended knee ...

Edited by TheBigDog