5th March Fixtures that really matter.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 points from safety with 1 game in hand we've been in worse positions and turned it round. Oh and Phil Brown can :censored: off mahogany skinned bastard.

sat on a table with him at a sportsmans once, absolute tool.

Points on the board count for a lot more than games in hand.

More worryingly, the teams around us are winning games and are in form.

2 teams out of six won, 2 drew and 2 lost

blackpool and doncaster have the worst form in league 1.

Edited by kowenicki

Points on the board count for a lot more than games in hand.

More worryingly, the teams around us are winning games and are in form.

We've been picking up points recently as well.Just consider what position we were in a few weeks ago and compare it to now after a few games.There are a lot of points to play for yet.Have a bit of belief.

2 teams out of six won, 2 drew and 2 lost

blackpool and doncaster have the worst form in league 1.

The more teams you keep in the scrap, the better. It's more the fact Shrewsbury, Fleetwood and Chesterfield are pulling away. As Smoker says, you want that mini-league to be as populated as possible, so your survival isn't contingent on a couple of other teams.

Doncaster have a decent side, and I can see them recovering.

If we win all our games between now and May it's irrelevant but other teams form is clearly meaningful to us.

Edited by NewBlue

The more teams you keep in the scrap, the better. It's more the fact Shrewsbury, Fleetwood and Chesterfield are pulling away. As Smoker says, you want that mini-league to be as populated as possible, so your survival isn't contingent on a couple of other teams.

Doncaster have a decent side, and I can see them recovering.

If we win all our games between now and May it's irrelevant but other teams form is clearly meaningful to us.

Doncaster will recover? Really? Based on what? They are on an horrific run. Look doomed to me. http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3

Edited by kowenicki

Guest nonaenever

Basically, if we finish above Blackpool and Donny - we'll stay up - and that is do-able. Much better position than we were in a few weeks back.

Doncaster will recover? Really? Based on what? They are on an horrific run. Look doomed to me. http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3

Just my opinion. Based on the fact they've got a manager who knows the league, funds to bring in a player or two if they need to and an existing decent side for this division.

Bad form won't run on forever.

Just my opinion. Based on the fact they've got a manager who knows the league, funds to bring in a player or two if they need to and an existing decent side for this division.

Bad form won't run on forever.

He's been there long enough now for the bad form to be his own doing hasn't he?

Donny may well get out of it, but it will not be for at least two games which are both away to Scunny and Bradford. By that time, we will be above them. They won't get much at either. They are then home to Posh who are the only team to have worse form over the last 6 games. Both have 1 point from the last 18 but Donny have a better GD. Donny are then away to Colchester. They are pretty much stuffed.

Coventry have a huge part to play in the next couple of games. They need a win to get back in the playoffs and are away to Shrews and Blackpool consecutively. Blackpool then have us next up. We should be clear of them whilst still retaining a game in hand. Pool are then away to Crewe. They are really stuffed.

Back to Posh. Given that they have lost their previous 3 home games to Swindon, us and Bradford, in and between some heavy away defeats, their defence is the leakiest in the division. They are not scoring and their next opponents Vale should roll them at London Road. Then they have the Donny game. Lose both of those and their next game against the aforementioned Coventry becomes must win for both.

FWIW, I reckon Colchester and Blackpool are down. Donny are running out of confidence and two more consecutive defeats will make their recovery far less plausible than Latics' ever was. Peterborough are this seasons capitulators.

They are my four.

Edited by L1onheartNew

Blackpool could do another Portsmouth. Up to the top league then down to the bottom. Would anyone take that for Oldham in hindsight? Suppose I would to be honest!

We are. Just over the course of 30 years rather than 5