Sheff Utd v Oldham

Exactly. Mid table team on a poor run, I can't believe how many people are happy to write this game off as one we had no chance in.

I've not seen anyone doing that.

On form I thought we should have been good for at least a draw. I'm just not as arsed as I'd normally be given that we've got a far more important match in just 3 days time..

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On form I thought we should have been good for at least a draw. I'm just not as arsed as I'd normally be given that we've got a far more important match in just 3 days time..

Good for you. I'm pretty pissed off we went into a league game with a weakened team.

You're not looking hard enough either. Some think it's ok if we win on Tuesday, yourself included. As if it was one or the other. We could have had 4 or 6 points, now it's 3 max. And what about our goal difference too? Could be very important.

Wouldn't exactly call it a weakened side. Shez has took a gamble on one player , if he was injured we would face same problem.

Remember a lot of footballers are thick and I wouldn't trust any to go out and not get booked!!!

If he had of done everyone would be on moaning "why did we play him on the last day before the deadline"

Very poor first half.Shambolic defending.Better second half but another soft goal.We hit the crossbar but hardly any shots on goal and only a couple of corners.Palmer and Holloway did their best but too many players under performing.Must win games next.Good support deserved better fayre.Sheff were no great shakes and their fans were very quiet even when 2-0 up

Wouldn't exactly call it a weakened side. Shez has took a gamble on one player , if he was injured we would face same problem.

Remember a lot of footballers are thick and I wouldn't trust any to go out and not get booked!!!

If he had of done everyone would be on moaning "why did we play him on the last day before the deadline"

I'd have moaned at Kelly for getting booked, not at Shez for picking him.

Weakened might sound like an exaggeration, but he's so important to the team it was weaker. Plus I'd throw in Main not starting as a strange decision. Him and Holloway had been doing a good job of holding the ball up and taking the pressure off the rest of the team. So it was strange to not start them together especially as Kelly wasn't playing.

Coleman - his indecision is permeating through the team, made a good save, couldn't really do anything for the goals.

Wilson - totally lost, didn't know when to stay or go.

Gerrard - did well in the air had a right job on trying to cover Wilson.

Dieng - steady, didn't do much wrong.

Mills - came into a little more in the second half but as always lightweight and looked short of fitness.

Dummigan - Got no help and was completely battered by Done

Palmer - neat and tidy, was a one man band for most of the game

Winchester - Really disappointed in him today, went missing the whole first half, looks a level below Palmer.

Jones - not sure what his role was, he was neither a holding midfielder or an offensive midfielder, goes backwards too often, going through the motions.

Forte - Not fit, Not a striker, doesn't have the instincts, if he worked a channel he wasn't able to then get close to Holloway. Based on today's performance I think he's finished.

Holloway - industrious, there centre halves couldn't handle him, such a pity he had no one to play off.

Main - looked lively and one thing twice in the 2nd half he laid it off wide and charged in the box and the cross was poor. Great effort from outside the box that hit the bar, needs one to go in.

Thiele - not for me, lightweight, lacking pace, was off with a few touches. Hope he improves but basing it on that it's a miss.

Wilson - definitely not a CM didn't notice he'd come on until near the end.

Need to write this one off quickly and get back to basics Tuesday

Is that Carl Winchester's worst ever Latics performance?

They sussed our formation early on a destroyed it.

We were second to just about everything.

Would have to be up there.

Worst I've seen Dummigan play, Dieng was poor, Mills was poor, Forte and Jones woeful.

Hard to just draw a line under it when the whole performance was so bad.

Just seen the first goal, 8 defending against 2 and still couldn't clear the ball.

It's also no wonder we dont score many score goals with midfielders packing their own penalty area.

Edited by BP1960

By the way.

The Football League should deduct a point from Sheffield United for every second their chip butty bastardised version of that John Denver song is played after the referee has started each half.

It's a :censored:ing disgrace that they've got a tune blaring out when the game is underway and they do it every match I've been to at Bramall Lane.

By the way.

The Football League should deduct a point from Sheffield United for every second their chip butty bastardised version of that John Denver song is played after the referee has started each half.

It's a :censored:ing disgrace that they've got a tune blaring out when the game is underway and they do it every match I've been to at Bramall Lane.

Spot on. Do any other clubs play music once the half has kicked off?

Spot on. Do any other clubs play music once the half has kicked off?

It lasted for about 1 second after whistle went. It would have been preferable yesterday if they played music for the whole 90 mins to provide a bit more entertainment.

Very enjoyable day out. Good banter with Sheffield and Derby fans in town before. Good atmosphere.

Didn't think we were that bad and according to the Sheffield fans it's the best they've played all season. They were questioning whether they were watching the right team.

Too lightweight as usual. Winchester awful and whole midfield, with exception of Palmer, no positional sense or bite. Defence left way too exposed. Just wanted someone to rough them up a bit and rattle them, they were low on confidence and there for the taking.

Anyhow, have a good feeling for next two games despite all that.