WTF was that?

Not good enough. 1-1 at ht. Played ok in first half. Deserved to go one up then a dodgy pen. They go down to ten men and all looks good for second half. One team comes out for the second half and the other seems to be still sat in the dressing room. Two stupid goals that were badly defended and then decide to get going but too often we are not doing the simple things and over complicate what should be simple passes. That performance is why we are where we are in the league and is far from exceptable

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible 15 minute spell after second half. Holloway the only one to come out with any credit.

I do find it ironic that a number of posters have commented on how Main and Holloway are not goalscores and that will send us down yet we picked up points in the games they don't score - today one gets a brace and we lose ?? typical bloody Latics - you have to laugh or you'll cry

Edited by JWhite101

No Plan B.

Shez takes some blame for me. Subs were poor, nothing but hoof ball when we had space galore in the middle of the park, Palmer too deep, and Kelly had to be taken off.

Holloway sensational once again. Other than him it was a disgrace. We handed them goals but the attack was horrific.

Such a frustrating result. To be a goal up, then a man up for more than half the game, and come away with nothing is awful. Turns a good run of form into an average one and it's a big mental blow that we need to pick ourselves up from.

Fleetwood and especially Donny losing helps, Chesterfield still aren't out of it. Blackpool winning is bad but they've probably sunk Crewe with that result. So other results could've been worse but it's a huge missed opportunity.

Completely disagree with you all to be honest. Thought we looked up for it for the bigger part of the game. Both teams wanted to win it and it was a much better performance than Tuesday night. The difference was rochdale were a much better team than blackpool.

Given how our season has gone that was one of the better performances and had it not been for a :censored: ref who let them climb all over us and gave the dodgiest of dodgy penalties we more than deserved the draw.

No Plan B.

Shez takes some blame for me. Subs were poor, nothing but hoof ball when we had space galore in the middle of the park, Palmer too deep, and Kelly had to be taken off.

Holloway sensational once again. Other than him it was a disgrace. We handed them goals but the attack was horrific.

Agree with all that bar the points Ive made in another thread. We played football in the 1st half but 2nd we just fell into a style that suited Dale & didn't use the pitch.

Shez changed formation but it wasnt really need IMO it was the players that just needed to use their brains and stretch Dale & use the extra man rather than just lump it.

Edited by palmer1

Should have gone 3 at the back when they went down to 10 and brought Winchester on.

We just played hoofball 2nd half which played right into their hands.

I thought that, but he stuck with the square pegs in round holes J Wilson and Jones on the right flank for too long.

Agree with all that bar the points Ive made in another thread. We played football in the 1st half but 2nd we just fell into a style that suited Dale & didn't use the pitch.

Shez changed formation but it wasnt really need IMO it was the players that just needed to use their brains and stretch Dale & use the extra man rather than just lump it.

So many times the defenders and Kelly picked the ball up deep with a sea of 15 yards ahead of them and Palmer a simple pass away, and decided to lump it up. And not only that, but they put it up high half the time to Forte and Brown, who didn't stand a chance.

Then when we had chances from set pieces to get the ball in the area and we passed it short. Unfathomable.

Gerrard seemed the only one to figure it out with about 10 minutes to go, and he started running into the space, however reluctantly it was.

Dale were better than us from the off, sharp incisive passing, overlaps, cross field balls to men in space, hunting in packs and an effective team.

Summed up with our second shot, skill from Holloway but it forced him wide, ricochets, panic passing then Kelly spooned a left foot shot.

We need to start fighting for the points, the ref was letting all sorts go and Dale took advantage, we didn't have the nouse to even do that.

Fair play to Dale, they beat us fair and square, their second was a beauty, not as good as our second but they got the third and we didn't.

Gutted to have to write most of the above, bloody Dale did us proper today.

They looked a better team on the ball in terms of composure, granted, but we created more proper chances when it was equal numbers. Their 3 goals came from their only 3 real chances, of which two were set pieces. The third was a tremendous finish but we gave the ball away in our own half, iirc.

Their first two goals were a bit of fortune, then they sat on it, and we weren't good enough to break them down.

What I'm trying to say is that, while they probably are a better team than us, they got a lot of luck today, most of it being that we were shocking.

Biggest home crowd for many a year and we :censored: it up!

Typical Latics, although you can't say you didn't get value for money...

Exactly. It was a great game. We lost to a very debatable penalty, an own goal, and a wonder strike. At the same time, we played some good stuff and looked fairly threatening. I think we were just beaten by a slightly more organised team, just a shame that team was Rochdale.

I can see Shez approaching the Burton game in a similar way to last week at Brammall Lane - accept the chances of winning will be slim, and put the effort into a must-win home game against Chesterfield. Play like we did today against Chesterfield and we'll have a good chance of getting the win.

Exactly. It was a great game. We lost to a very debatable penalty, an own goal, and a wonder strike. At the same time, we played some good stuff and looked fairly threatening. I think we were just beaten by a slightly more organised team, just a shame that team was Rochdale.

I can see Shez approaching the Burton game in a similar way to last week at Brammall Lane - accept the chances of winning will be slim, and put the effort into a must-win home game against Chesterfield. Play like we did today against Chesterfield and we'll have a good chance of getting the win.

What he said. Very entertaining game. I actually thought we played well and were done by three unlucky things happening to is in one game.

I feel very aggreived to be honest. I thought we had done enough to deserve at least a draw. No chance that was a penalty and no chance Holloway wasn't fouled several times in their box. The guy was bear hugging him!

We didn't take advantage of them going to 10 men. The ref did not help, felt hard done by. Hats off to their lad for the second. The corner OG was just one of those things... Luck very much against us.

Running out of games to save ourselves.

Completely disagree with you all to be honest. Thought we looked up for it for the bigger part of the game. Both teams wanted to win it and it was a much better performance than Tuesday night. The difference was rochdale were a much better team than blackpool.

Given how our season has gone that was one of the better performances and had it not been for a :censored: ref who let them climb all over us and gave the dodgiest of dodgy penalties we more than deserved the draw.

It's all about opinions..Today was the first time I've seen them in a while and I could not believe how often we gave the ball away and the poor display in the second half. Jones, Kelly and Forte are shadows of the players they used to be and Palmer had a poor game. All in all a disappointing day.

It's all about opinions..Today was the first time I've seen them in a while and I could not believe how often we gave the ball away and the poor display in the second half. Jones, Kelly and Forte are shadows of the players they used to be and Palmer had a poor game. All in all a disappointing day.

my first game of 2016 for one reason or another.

I was shocked at how poor the passing and composure was. dale looked comfortably the more competent team and were never under enough pressure second half.

the occasional good moment today and some belting goals, but pretty worried if that's an improvement.

Edited by Luis Enrique

We deserved a draw. :censored: penalty. :censored: own goal. Cracking goals by Holloway. He is a battler.

Strange when we went to three up front, with just wing-backs on the flanks, and then started to ping it wide. Even stranger was bringing Brown on. I repeat, he's :censored:.