Bury Football Club cashflow

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like an inevitable crash coming,worrying times for them.Didnt they take a wonga style loan out with Gigg Lane as collateral? Someone playing at Championship Manager for real then leaving a wreck behind.I have no strong feelings either way about them but as a small Lancastrian club struggling in the shadows of bigger neighbours I hope they somehow survive (& we dick them next season obviously)

The thing is, I doubt to many local football fans will look favourably upon them if and when they come shaking their buckets at us again. There's nothing unfortunate about them being in the :censored: this time, it just been stupidity with the way they've been throwing the cash about.... I mean renting the Carrington training off City for instance. WTF!!

Edited by ghostofcecere

The thing is, I doubt to many local football fans will look favourably upon them if and when they come shaking there buckets at us again. There's nothing unfortunate about them being in the :censored: this time, it just been stupidity with the way they've been throwing the cash about.... I mean renting the Carrington off City for instance. WTF!!

And don't forget the absolute nonsense they created in April 2013. Literally turning money away and creating a nasty situation/atmosphere. Sympathy will be short.

Edited by boundaryblue80

And don't forget the absolute nonsense they created in April 2013. Literally turning money away and creating a nasty situation/atmosphere. Sympathy will short.

I'd sympathise with their fans. It's not their fault their owners appear to be running the club so recklessly, just like it wasn't ours when Chris Moore did the same at Latics. There seems to be something of a consensus that if you've been in the :censored: before, you should learn your lesson and never end up there again, but really it's all completely outside of the fans' control, just like it would be if someone was doing the same at Oldham. Even the Trust couldn't really do anything to stop it happening.

I'd sympathise with their fans. It's not their fault their owners appear to be running the club so recklessly, just like it wasn't ours when Chris Moore did the same at Latics. There seems to be something of a consensus that if you've been in the :censored: before, you should learn your lesson and never end up there again, but really it's all completely outside of the fans' control, just like it would be if someone was doing the same at Oldham. Even the Trust couldn't really do anything to stop it happening.

It all depends what viewpoint people took when Chris Moore was doing what he did. Most fans on the whole didn't give a :censored: about the implications of what Chris Moore was doing if it went tits up. A small section of fans did and were derived because of it. I can imagine a similar situation over at Gigg Lane right now.

:censored: 'em.

Hope they go bump

Not fans fault stevie but they were quite happy when they were signing tom pope, Leon Clarke and the like after overspending to gain promotion.

I suspect that most of the supporters found out about the extent of the overspending and consequentual losses on the same day that we did. Yesterday.

It looks like an inevitable crash coming,worrying times for them.Didnt they take a wonga style loan out with Gigg Lane as collateral? Someone playing at Championship Manager for real then leaving a wreck behind.I have no strong feelings either way about them but as a small Greater Manchester club struggling in the shadows of bigger neighbours I hope they somehow survive (& we dick them next season obviously)

I agree. It's not the fans' fault. It could happen to any of us. Knobhead owners should be banned for life for having anything to do with football.

I suspect that most of the supporters found out about the extent of the overspending and consequentual losses on the same day that we did. Yesterday.

Doesn't take a genius to work out how much some of the players were on.

http://m.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Striker-Tom-Pope-fears-Valiants-exit/story-25444708-detail/story.html

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/leon-clarke-would-stayed-coventry-10149023

Says it all. This is before you even get to the likes of mellis and former hudds captain peter clarke.

Like I said. Doesn't take a genius. Alarm bells would ring if that was going on here. :censored: 'em. After singing about us going down and the bell ends in the section next to their away end I won't lose sleep when they disappear.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/leon-clarke-would-stayed-coventry-10149023

Says it all. This is before you even get to the likes of mellis and former hudds captain peter clarke.

Like I said. Doesn't take a genius. Alarm bells would ring if that was going on here. :censored: 'em. After singing about us going down and the bell ends in the section next to their away end I won't lose sleep when they disappear.

Spoken like a true Daley ;)

I really think many have been concerned for a while.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2014/nov/12/bury-high-interest-loans-shadow-recovery

I bought a brick last time, after what happened to us.

I don't wish any ills on most fans.

But I won't be contributing if it came to that,

Well most of their fans...

https://twitter.com/chris_lecking?lang=en-gb

Edited by singe

I really think many have been concerned for a while.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2014/nov/12/bury-high-interest-loans-shadow-recovery

I bought a brick last time, after what happened to us.

I don't wish any ills on most fans.

But I won't be contributing if it came to that,

I was replying to a post regarding overspending to gain promotion.

I think that a lot of us suspect that the results for the year to 31st May 2016 will show high losses.

• 3 weeks later...

On the other side of the coin ( Yet I wouldn't want to play way way beyond a clubs means) I wonder how much likes of Bournemouth were in for to get to the Premier league. Surely marching from League two to the premier cost the club far more than revenue. Fortunately for them it's paid off handsomely especially with this years bumper TV package that's now in effect payable for 5 seasons even if they went down next season.

On the other side of the coin ( Yet I wouldn't want to play way way beyond a clubs means) I wonder how much likes of Bournemouth were in for to get to the Premier league. Surely marching from League two to the premier cost the club far more than revenue. Fortunately for them it's paid off handsomely especially with this years bumper TV package that's now in effect payable for 5 seasons even if they went down next season.

Bournemouth had some rich Russian geezer backing them, the Bury bloke might have a few quid, but not I suspect to be bank rolling them to the level at which they have been spending. Alarmingly there's seems to be quite a large number of Latics fans on here who would like us to follow the Bury model.

That's the gamble. The prize is so big now that you could spend an awful lot of money and get nowhere near though. Even being a billionaire is nowt special in the Premiership now. If I was reach and wanted a vanity project I'd start about 8 levels down.