Peter Shirtliff

I thought it had been acknowledged quite widely. I think the improvements defensively are down to a combination of Shirtliff's influence in coaching, Gerrard coming in and taking responsibility for organising the defence and Sheridan bringing in forward players who defend from the front and ensure the ball doesn't spend so much time in our own half.

I thought it had been acknowledged quite widely. I think the improvements defensively are down to a combination of Shirtliff's influence in coaching, Gerrard coming in and taking responsibility for organising the defence and Sheridan bringing in forward players who defend from the front and ensure the ball doesn't spend so much time in our own half.

I don't get to games, so can only go off here and Twitter. He was praised twice in the whole of March on OWTB. Twitter not much either, only a few times. I am sure people realise it, it's just not seemed to be posted much.

I made the point on Twitter lady night a few times. Whhilst Shez is getting a lot of well deserved praise, I think the influence of Peter Shirtliff on our defence has gone a little unrecognised and should be highlighted.

:lol:

"Defence baaaaad - Taggart/Holden/whichever member of the coaching staff used to be a defender OUT!"

"Defence gooood - it's all down to Shirtliff"

If I was to suggest that maybe Shez can't wait to see the back of him and we're doing well in spite of him I'd be guessing too... :lol:

PS - How do I get involved in "Twitter lady night"? :grin:

"Defence baaaaad - Taggart/Holden/whichever member of the coaching staff used to be a defender OUT!"

If I was to suggest that maybe Shez can't wait to see the back of him and we're doing well in spite of him I'd be guessing too... :lol:

Always either black or white with our lot, never anything inbetween.

Show me where I said it's all down to Shirtliff? I said " a little unrecognised" & "Shez is getting well deserved praise" Calm your tits.

Show me where I said it's all down to Shirtliff? I said " a little unrecognised" & "Shez is getting well deserved praise" Calm your tits.

I know. I was exaggerating for effect.

I am as calm as a Peter Shirtliff drilled defence :grin:

Edited by HarryBosch

Guest nonaenever

Let's be realistic - as manager, Shez is going to attract most of the praise for, what is, a miraculous turnaround (particularly the home form). I'm sure Shirty has had an influence and will, no doubt, have been given appropriate recognition within the club, That's just the way it is - as far as I am concerned, Shez is the PRIMARY reason for our current excellent form - a good manager CAN make a difference - if DUNNce was still here (together with that utterly clueless Holden) - we'd be dead and buried - full stop.