• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep - wasn't Walsall Dickov's last game? If so, a pretty impressive record given the churn since.

I think Walsall was the one where Adam Rooney missed the penalty with the last kick - may well have been Rooney's final game...

Edited by NewBlue

I think 1 point clear.

Need something Tuesday - I seem to remember losing at home to 10 man Crewe

Blackpool don't have a game and will be on 45 points from 43 games?

Plus Doncaster a point back and the Colchester and Crewe.

Therefore we'd be 3 points clear of Blackpool who would be in the last relegation place.

I think.

I am doing this on the phone so could get it wrong.

Blackpool don't have a game and will be on 45 points from 43 games?

Plus Doncaster a point back and the Colchester and Crewe.

Therefore we'd be 3 points clear of Blackpool who would be in the last relegation place.

I think.

I am doing this on the phone so could get it wrong.

Sorry I was thinking Fleetwood played Blackpool Tuesday (didn't check silly me).

I feel a whole lot better now.

Sorry I was thinking Fleetwood played Blackpool Tuesday (didn't check silly me).

I feel a whole lot better now.

No worries.

It does mean that even defeat to Crewe couldn't put us back in the drop zone.

To have got to the point where 1 point out of 9 would have still seen us outside the relegation zone - unthinkable 20 games ago.

On the positive side, we could be effectively safe by 5pm on Saturday with some good results

Imagine where we'd be with Shez in from the start of the season recruiting players he wanted and us avoiding some of the players we ended up signing...and on long term contracts?!

Can't wait for next season and hope Corney gives Shez full support financially to continue where this season finishes.

Guest nonaenever

who was it said in the Chron when Shez first arrived that "if he keeps Oldham up from the position they are in now - it will be his greatest ever achievement" ?

I know we are technically not safe yet but an utter miracle - what a difference a proper man manager who knows the game inside out can make. Give him an improved contract on whatever he has now - we simply MUST NOT lose Shez. He can build something really good here over the next 5/7 years or so.