"I just dont see Oldham getting any points. 1 away game against 2nd in the table and home to Liverpool and then Southampton, surely they cant be getting the 9 points from that? And even then we'd have to lose both our games.

Let's go it and get drunk"

Steve Coppell, May1993

IIRC, Coppell had a go at John Salako for appearing to over-celebrate with Palace fans after their last home game of that season, they'd just beaten Ipswich, because that meant we needed to win all 3 of our final games. They had Citeh & Arsenal away left.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shrewsbury's fixtures do drag them into the more but I think it is a fairly straight fight between us, Blackpool and Fleetwood with one losing out.

The never count your chickens mantra is correct - the Crystal Palace staying up party of 92/93 should be a warning to anyone who thinks otherwise (still the highest points per game total a team has been relegated on in the Premiership).

Football can bring heartbreak - the danger that we face is complacency and the sense that we have "made it" in some quarters since last weekend.

2+ points from Tuesday / Saturday and I'd have been more confident. 0 points from those games and you are worriedly looking at the table wondering where the next points come from before you know it.

It does bring a lot of pressure on the game tomorrow. A win for either side and they will feel they are safe, defeat and they will feel under pressure.

Having been there last season - I know our fans will make it a passionate and encouraging atmosphere - so to those going fingers crossed you can cheer the boys on to 3 points!

This rollacoaster will have a few twists and turns along he way yet I am sure.

How do you work out that Shrewsbury aren't in it?!

If they don't win their game in hand against Sheffield United they're on the same or fewer points than us, with a trickier run in...

How do you work out that Shrewsbury aren't in it?!

If they don't win their game in hand against Sheffield United they're on the same or fewer points than us, with a trickier run in...

Fair point, but think that 2 games in hand on Blackpool might be enough. But another look at the table and I concede they actually could be the team that drops in on the last day.

IF Donny were to win at Chesterfield on Tuesday then the table is going to look very different.

Had written them off but the win today will give them a massive boost and they have 4 very winnable

games left.

Won't matter that much if we beat Southend...

Won't matter that much if we beat Southend...

Agreed. It will not matter for us; Chesterfield on the other hand, especially if Donny beat them, will be :censored:ting bricks. I have an increasing belief that we will get some real joy against Southend.

Tuesday nights games taking a less positive view.

We lose (long away trips on Tuesday night not a strength)

Doncaster turn over Chesterfield

Fleetwood I think will lose

Shrewsbury could get a point

That would leave:

Chestefield 43 games 49 points

Latics 43 games 48 points

Shrewsbury 43 games 48 points

Fleetwood 43 games 47 points

Blackpool 43 games 45 points

Doncaster 43 games 44 points

We'd be 3 clear of relegation going into the Crewe game

Edited by Scapegoat

Tuesday nights games taking a less positive view.

We lose (long away trips on Tuesday night not a strength)
Doncaster turn over Chesterfield
Fleetwood I think will lose
Shrewsbury could get a point

That would leave:

Chestefield 43 games 49 points
Latics 43 games 48 points
Shrewsbury 43 games 48 points

Blackpool 44 games 48 points

Fleetwood 43 games 47 points
Doncaster 43 games 44 points

We'd be 1 clear of relegation going into the Crewe game

I think 1 point clear.

Need something Tuesday - I seem to remember losing at home to 10 man Crewe

Edited by frizzell54

We'll turn Southend over. Nothing to play for and they're in :censored: form.

Last week aside, we seem to have a remarkably good record in midweek aways. Last defeat before that must've been the Montano Wolves game.

Barnsley 1-0 Feb 15

Walsall 1-0 Jan 14

Notts Co 3-2 Oct 13

Wolves 2-0 Oct 13

Barnsley 1-0 Feb 15

Walsall 1-0 Jan 14

Notts Co 3-2 Oct 13

Wolves 2-0 Oct 13

Stand sort of corrected. Although the 12 points from 7 games this season would have you near the top if repeated, especially impressive given a few were under Kelly and Dunn