• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure some will see it as a reason for a pitch invasion on Saturday if we make it official!

I hope so. I love a good pitch invasion (albeit watching rather than taking part nowadays)...

The kids can celebrate by all means. Us so called grown ups can applaud for a minute or two then go back to the pub and have a right good moan about what could have been....

Or it could be after the Lord Mayors show which is typical of Latics!! .Having said that lets get the job done and trounce them on Sat so we can start celebrating.

Correct me.if I'm wrong but nothing about this shez team since his return screams typical latics

I don't see why we shouldn't celebrate it? As a football club staying up isn't an achievement in itself but look at the facts of the season and where we were when Shez took over and we have to admit it is quite an achievement!

We were singing we are staying up at Southend and rightly so, these players were brought in by Shez to battle against relegation and by the time he had got a resemblance of a team together we were 8 points behind having won 1 at home since the start of August.

Should we confirm our league one status on Saturday I will celebrate, won't be on the pitch, no chance but I will stand on my feet and applaud the group of players, Sheridan and Shirtliff for a tremendous second half of the season after such dross over the past 18 months prior!

I will look back on the season and think definitely one of two halves, ultimately fairly disappointing but at least with the second half being decent I can look forward to the summer, the Euro's and even more than that look forward to a start of the season in August

Each to their own but I'd say, a fairly incredible achievement after seeing the squad so demoralised due to Kelly and Dunn

Just remember though, Mourinho or Fergie couldn't sort this lot out

Good post.

We will defo be celebrating if we win or get a draw on Saturday. Shez has worked a miracle and I reckon 1 point will be enough to guarantee safety.Thank god we got rid of those other two excuses for a manager in time

A miracle is an event not explicable by natural or scientific laws

5 points adrift with 22 games to play isn't a miracle, a fine achievement yes but one that any decent manager would have fancied themselves to do.

Yeah but it was phenominal-well Martinez would have descibed it as such

A miracle is an event not explicable by natural or scientific laws

5 points adrift with 22 games to play isn't a miracle.......

...I assume you didn't watch us live earlier this season then? Take your pick from these.

Shrewsbury A [JPT]

Peterborough H

Scunthorpe H

Mansfield A [FACup]

Southend H

Crewe A

Doncaster H - A particular favourite for me. Don't think I've ever seen a more inept performance.

Millwall H

Edited by lookersstandandy

...I assume you didn't watch us live earlier this season then? Take your pick from these.

Shrewsbury A [JPT]

Peterborough H

Scunthorpe H

Mansfield A [FACup]

Southend H

Crewe A

Doncaster H - A particular favourite for me. Don't think I've ever seen a more inept performance.

Millwall H

To be fair Andy, Millwall at home wasnt that bad compared to some of the others. Crewe away was like living through a nightmare.