Who Stays? Who Goes?

Brutal but If we're looking to avoid yet another Relegation Scrap these are my thoughts:

Both Forte and Poleon have had more than enough time and are injury prone - Out

Cassidy, Murphy and Turner simply not strong enough - Out

Thiele offers nothing at all from the few times he has played - Out

Look to retain / sign both Aaron Holloway and Curtis Main

Coleman has been excellent in recent games and definitely should be retained / signed

Brown and Mills are not good enough - Out

Both B Wilson and J Wilson whilst having some decent performances are prone to errors - Out

Not sure about Holmes-Dennis as he looks decent going forward but weaker as a defender

Gerrard has made a real difference at the back and Dieng is much improved so we should try and retain / sign

Edmundson is worth more time as is Dummigan

Midfield needs a massive sorting out

Would be great to get Matt Palmer back but he wont be leaving Championship Football in a rush

Kelly should still get in the team

Like Lee Croft and he has done well the last few games but keeping him must be conditional to him improving his fitness

Jones for me has struggled all season and Carl Winchester except for the odd game is too weak against the better teams in the League - Out

Saying all that, am confident JS will 'weave his magic' and get us in that top 10 next season but even he can't be expected to do it without significant player changes

Shez has produced playoff form with those players from worse than a standing start and you want rid of the vast majority? :lol:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its more to do with people who turned him down last summer not OAFC now. He will be here next season we want him here and I think he likes being here too.

Gerrard has already said on LP that he is looking for a move to the Championship and was putting himself in the shop window here. He was in the same boat at the end of last season, turning L1 clubs down and ending up playing for nowt at Shrewsbury. He will probably hold out until July and then take the best offer from a L1 club. I doubt it will be us.

Think Brown will stay as a squad player. Surely he knows if he leaves, that no L1 team will give him a chance.

As for Mills, I've always rated him. Decent defensively and supports going forward. But there's been 2 or three managers that have brought in their own loan replacements, so something must be wrong there. Although if he left, I could see him getting a chance in L1.

Think Brown will stay as a squad player. Surely he knows if he leaves, that no L1 team will give him a chance.

As for Mills, I've always rated him. Decent defensively and supports going forward. But there's been 2 or three managers that have brought in their own loan replacements, so something must be wrong there. Although if he left, I could see him getting a chance in L1.

agree mills is better than the one,s who have replaced him in the side, think there must be something behind the scenes.

Ive never understood the fascination with Campbell-Ryce. He has played for several struggling league one clubs and seems to have pace but no end product. We have seen enough players like him over the years, in fact one made a substitute appearance today.

He blows hot and cold, but he can be a threat in the right team. When he played for Notts a couple of years ago he gave Grounds a very hard time with his trickery and put in a lot of dangerous crosses. But last time I saw him play on the telly for Sheff Utd he had about a dozen good crossing opportunities in the 1st half and failed to connect with any of them, leading to him being subbed at half time.

Hopefully we can do better in the summer, I could see him being similar to Yeates this year.

He blows hot and cold, but he can be a threat in the right team. When he played for Notts a couple of years ago he gave Grounds a very hard time with his trickery and put in a lot of dangerous crosses. But last time I saw him play on the telly for Sheff Utd he had about a dozen good crossing opportunities in the 1st half and failed to connect with any of them, leading to him being subbed at half time.

Hopefully we can do better in the summer, I could see him being similar to Yeates this year.

League One wingers are never consistent. I think you get more for you money from dependable wide midfielders who can create a bit whilst giving you more solidity

It's a tough one, I'd have said most of these players weren't good enough in January.

But we now we're 3rd in the form table over the past 8 games, and it's a brilliant platform to go into next season on if we don't gut the entire squad.

I'd definitely keep (or try to)

Coleman

J Wilson

Gerrard

Dieng

Kelly

Jones

Winchester

Forte

Murphy

Cassidy

Try to sign

Holloway

Main

Dummigan

Palmer (As unlikely as it is)

Release

B Wilson

Croft

Poorleon

Bove

Cornell

Mills

Brown

Turner

Edited by PlayItLivo

I merely respond to points made by his 'fans' when they come up with more and more excuses.

Can you remember that poll which resulted in 85% saying that we would win more points with him in the team than without him? Didnt work out that way did it?

Croft has been selected in front of him on merit for 3 successive matches now, 2 of which were away on decent pitches

Several managers have tended to agree with me and in truth that is all that really matters. He will be here next season in the squad because he is cheap

Croft was selected for fleetwood and Southend because Winchester was injured as well as others. He was in the starting 11 again yesterday because he'd done well in those games and rightly so Winchester was back on the bench.

Think we'll agree to disagree on him!

Interesting that people would want to release Brian Wilson. There's players I'd keep ahead of him in defence but he'd be a very good squad player. He's proven that he can play anywhere across the defence and has been reliable this season. If he is happy to be back up and on a squad player wage, then he'd be well worth keeping.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Interesting that people would want to release Brian Wilson. There's players I'd keep ahead of him in defence but he'd be a very good squad player. He's proven that he can play anywhere across the defence and has been reliable this season. If he is happy to be back up and on a squad player wage, then he's be well worth keeping.

He strikes me as a very good, hard working pro and his turn around in performances after his loan move show that! Could have spat his dummy out and sulked but worked hard and has deserved his place!

Really hope we can keep hold of Coleman. Doubt we can afford much for Main, but it'd be nice to keep him or Holloway. Gerrard has worked wonders in defence and I'd like to see him next season as long as he didn't want the earth.

But whatever my opinions are at the moment I have full faith that Shez will bring in and keep the players we need to mount a challenge next season.

He strikes me as a very good, hard working pro and his turn around in performances after his loan move show that! Could have spat his dummy out and sulked but worked hard and has deserved his place!

Agreed completely. Does the simple things. Rarely makes a mistake. Dependable. Would like us to keep him

Why do people reckon Main has any value?

He was getting loaned out by Donny to a League 1 no-hopers a few weeks back...

He has proved that in league 1 he can actually scores goals. If Donny manage to stay in league 1 they are not going to give away an under contract player to a rival. He may be cheaper if they go down

He has proved that in league 1 he can actually scores goals. If Donny manage to stay in league 1 they are not going to give away an under contract player to a rival. He may be cheaper if they go down

I don't think his goal run would convince teams to spend big on him, even if he stays with us I'd be looking at him as an extremely hard working forward who can chip in. We seem to win games when he plays, that works for me

I don't think his goal run would convince teams to spend big on him, even if he stays with us I'd be looking at him as an extremely hard working forward who can chip in. We seem to win games when he plays, that works for me

Yeah it won't be a big fee but with a year left it will probably be a fee we can't afford considering we will be bringing in a good number of new players.

It could come down to how much we sell Kelly for.

Main has been in form for literally a handful of games and we reckon he's gonna be demanding big wages. No way.

Cassidy has had more prolonged form than Main and Donny have already said he's got no future there. Reckon some are getting a bit carried away.

Main has been in form for literally a handful of games and we reckon he's gonna be demanding big wages. No way.

Cassidy has had more prolonged form than Main and Donny have already said he's got no future there. Reckon some are getting a bit carried away.

Nobody is saying he is demanding anything. He has a year on his deal at Donny so is probably on more than what we would normally offer. He may not want his wages to drop & Donny said he had no future before their season went to :censored: & tried to take him back. Whether that was to play or to stop him playing for us is up for debate.

He has been decent since his arrival, he has now 4 or 5 in 6. When did Cassidy have his prolonged run of form?

Interesting that people would want to release Brian Wilson. There's players I'd keep ahead of him in defence but he'd be a very good squad player. He's proven that he can play anywhere across the defence and has been reliable this season. If he is happy to be back up and on a squad player wage, then he'd be well worth keeping.

I suspect (only suspect) that he is on decent money. If so he will be offered reduced terms as Wesolowski was and will look for better suitors

Croft was selected for fleetwood and Southend because Winchester was injured as well as others. He was in the starting 11 again yesterday because he'd done well in those games and rightly so Winchester was back on the bench.

Think we'll agree to disagree on him!

If I was a young footballer and Croft was selected b4 me in his current shape to play his third match in 8 days then I would take it personally.

Perhaps its all part of Croft's 'exercise plan?'

Yes you are of course as entitled to your opinion of Winchester as I am of mine. Several Managers now have tended to agree with mine.

If I was a young footballer and Croft was selected b4 me in his current shape to play his third match in 8 days then I would take it personally.

Perhaps its all part of Croft's 'exercise plan?'

Yes you are of course as entitled to your opinion of Winchester as I am of mine. Several Managers now have tended to agree with mine.

Don't forget though, Super Carl hasn't been picked because of the pitch ????