Who Stays? Who Goes?

If I was a young footballer and Croft was selected b4 me in his current shape to play his third match in 8 days then I would take it personally.

Perhaps its all part of Croft's 'exercise plan?'

Yes you are of course as entitled to your opinion of Winchester as I am of mine. Several Managers now have tended to agree with mine.

Are the several managers that agreed with you Kelly and Dunn? Not the best pedigree!

Under Johnson who was our last decent manager before shez didn't he get him playing and he was the player of the season that particular season?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the several managers that agreed with you Kelly and Dunn? Not the best pedigree!

Under Johnson who was our last decent manager before shez didn't he get him playing and he was the player of the season that particular season?

I would never call Kelly and Dunn managers. Shez doesnt and others before.

Mike Jones was Player of the Year and he has been crap too but worth keeping

Edit by the way previously Croft was Player of the Season as was Wes and we quite rightly got rid of both immediately

Edited by ChaddySmoker

I would never call Kelly and Dunn managers. Shez doesnt and others before.

Mike Jones was Player of the Year and he has been crap too but worth keeping

Edit by the way previously Croft was Player of the Season as was Wes and we quite rightly got rid of both immediately

Can you edit to show Jones also wasn't POTY?

I was about to contribute my wisdom until I saw someone advocate getting rid of James Wilson and keeping Holmes-Dennis. Remarkable.

James Wilson is a quality player at this level as long as he has a mouthpiece playing in the back 4 alongside him. His best football has been played alongside Lockwood and Gerrard, if Gerrard does go, and it will be with my thanks for the job he has done, I trust Shez to get a similar type of player to take his place.

Jones's body language has been off for a while now. He didn't even smile or celebrate his last goal, in fact he was making calm down gestures with his hands when his team mates surrounded him to congratulate him.

Edited by owdumer

I was about to contribute my wisdom until I saw someone advocate getting rid of James Wilson and keeping Holmes-Dennis. Remarkable.

I agree about Wilson wholeheartedly, but wouldn't be averse to keeping Holmes-Dennis.

He is young (and has had some stinkers), but his and CD's energy from the full-back position have been key to the way Shez has us playing.

We are very narrow at times in midfield and often rely on their mobility to create an outlet - particularly away from home.

If he is available at the right price for both parties I would be inclined to offer him a contract...

I'd not mind Holmes-Dennis, he has a bit about him that might be polished up by playing some games. Having Wilson is a big bonus though - the guy has a bit of class about him.

Agree that he needs agro alongside him though.

Holmes-Dennis strikes me as one of them that's so-so at this level but will play higher up. I'd not be fussed over keeping him

Holmes-Dennis strikes me as one of them that's so-so at this level but will play higher up. I'd not be fussed over keeping him

He doesnt lose many challenges and goes past people at ease, His distribution and his crossing are not brilliant but those facets can be quite easily improved.

Defensively not brilliant but at third division level I think his attacking qualities are much more important. Get him signed up in my opinion.

Forte isn't the player he was and isn't the player to get you in the playoffs. Would be fine with both of them going. Think Sheridan will find better.

He's been involved in most of the goals we have scored. Recently It's took time for him to get fit and I'm sure a good pre season we could have him firing.