Goodbye Upton Park

Also why is it being refered to as the Boleyn Ground all of a sudden, never heard of it until a month ago!!

Think there's a pub at the ground called The Boleyn but this could have been named after the ground was renamed. Not 100% sure.

It's officially The Boleyn ground at Upton Park, but those cockneys have been getting all emotional about the place these last few weeks and for some reason the Media have jumped on the bandwagon too. Can't remember all this fuss about Burnden Park or Filbert Street?

I thought the name Boleyn Ground was common knowledge. For those interested, this is from Wikipedia:

The club rented Green Street House and grounds in the Municipal Borough of East Ham from the Roman Catholic Church from around 1912.[3][not in citation given] Green Street House was known locally as Boleyn Castle because of its imposing nature and an association with Anne Boleyn, who had either stayed at or, as some believe, owned the house. Hence renting the grounds of "Boleyn Castle" the name Boleyn Ground came into being.

I don't remember Maine Rd so much, but there was definitely a grand old circle jerk when Arsenal left Highbury.

It's officially The Boleyn ground at Upton Park, but those cockneys have been getting all emotional about the place these last few weeks and for some reason the Media have jumped on the bandwagon too. Can't remember all this fuss about Burnden Park or Filbert Street?

Sky sports have clearly run out of people to speak to in Leicester and need something else to fill their 24hr bull:censored:athon.

Many memories for the Hammers fans to reflect on such as attempting to come back from a 0-6 first leg in the League cup semi's and having the 2nd division championship trophy nicked off them at the last minute

3-0 in the second leg and we were actually hanging on. Typical. Great at the end when Joe (finally) took a bow.

I have a vague memory of a group of skinheads launching an assault on the chaddy in the 1980s (?). I also remember sales of 'Bulldog' outside their ground.

However, i also have to say that i had a training session with West Ham. They were a very friendly club, including Trevor Brooking. It's also the only ground (pre-redevelopment) south of the midlands where you got a proper atmosphere.

100+ year's of a proud club's history at Upton Park ended with a wank firework display to the backdrop of Rudimental and Ben Shephard on the microphone.

....whilst being kept in your seat - and don't forget the Sky montage of the clubs' history since football began in 1992. It's enough to make you go out looking for a banning order.

To quote somebody else - Millwall will be pissing themselves. When they moved they set fire to everything & hospitalised coppers.

....whilst being kept in your seat - and don't forget the Sky montage of the clubs' history since football began in 1992. It's enough to make you go out looking for a banning order.

Not quite the case. They showed plenty of clips of Brooking, Bonds and Moore...

I'd honesty never heard it referred to as the Boleyn Ground until this season.

I hadn't heard of it till a few years ago, it's a popular pub quiz question. The Boleyn Ground is its original and proper name - don't know when they started calling it Upton Park, maybe one day people will wonder why Sportsdirect.com Park is suddenly being called Boundary Park, but I doubt it