Our Released list

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croft has talent we all know this but can someone tell mesomething he has done in league fixtures in his last 2 spells that would make me think he is worth it. Everybody tells me he is over weight and today for the first time I'm reading he is the better option than Jones based on 4 appearances at the end of season where he scored 0 goals, assisting 0 goals.

As said earlier, him and B. Wilson supposedly good in and around dressing room, important to have those type of characters.

Croft has never really let us down, changes to loan system mean we have to carry a bigger squad.

Not really. We take more players on season long (or half season) deals rather than those :censored:ty 30 day loans we've had previously. Might mean we have six or seven on loan though and some miss out.

Not really. We take more players on season long (or half season) deals rather than those :censored:ty 30 day loans we've had previously. Might mean we have six or seven on loan though and some miss out.

Irony alert.

However, as you actually say, we have to take on more (loan) players which does probably mean a bigger squad.

Irony alert.

However, as you actually say, we have to take on more (loan) players which does probably mean a bigger squad.

Yeah, my comment was more focused at the budget constraint. More players like Dummigan, here very cheaply, means we should still have a decent core. Edited by blueatheart

I can't believe we've let Bove go. I had high hopes for the little psycho.

Nothing says league 1 material like getting a red card after 3 minutes. That being said I do think he deserved more chances and if the club was more stable he'd probably be kept.

Nothing says league 1 material like getting a red card after 3 minutes. That being said I do think he deserved more chances and if the club was more stable he'd probably be kept.

Steven Gerrard must be non league material after his 30 second one then... I doubt the decision to release him will come back to haunt us, he's had more chances than most youngsters

The Bove argument - hes done cock all at Ramsbottom, and in numerous spells before in lower divisions. I see absolutely no reason why he wouldnt be let go. Spoke to a lad who played at Rammy with the Latics lads, said the rest were well above the level, Bove shouldnt have been catching and was awful!

Steven Gerrard must be non league material after his 30 second one then... I doubt the decision to release him will come back to haunt us, he's had more chances than most youngsters

he was shipped off to Amrica a few months later.

No real surprise about those that have been let go, with the possible exception of Jones. Both him and Mills were solid first choices last season so it's disappointing to see how far they've fallen. Jones in centre mid I rated very highly in particular last season.

As for the players offered deals, I wouldn't be surprised if around half of them aren't here next season.

Just heard the news that you have released Michael Jones ... and I'm shocked!

What's going on?

I wouldn't be surprised if we make a move on him.

Like to see Jonah back at Gigg Lane.

It has been reported that he was offered a deal, but not on the money he was wanting.

Just heard the news that you have released Michael Jones ... and I'm shocked!

What's going on?

I wouldn't be surprised if we make a move on him.

Like to see Jonah back at Gigg Lane.

Apparently he has already sorted himself out a deal, who with I don't know...

"If Croft can shift some weight he'll be quality at this level" - Oldham fans in 2012

Time to let him go.

I really don't see the point in looking for him to get himself into shape to get a new contract, only for him to spend all of his spare time having pie-eating competitions with Gordon, as soon as the season starts.

Croft - could be a brilliant player but do we have any confidence that he can lose the timber and keep it off?

Croft has been offered a month contract for each pound he loses in weight. He's hoping for a 2 year contract.

:wink:

Croft has been offered a month contract for each pound he loses in weight. He's hoping for a 2 year contract.

:wink:

Even the biggest loser would have trouble shifting that amount of timber.

Chuck him on Survivor. I don't believe that sand is edible.