Our Released list

I don't think the reason Jones is going is purely because he is on a decent wage. I think its because his attitude and work rate since Sheridan arrived has been shocking. Last few home games he has been hiding, there has been no doubt in my mind. He has been woeful for me this year. I think Sheridan alluded to it after one of the last few games, cant recall which, where he was beyond terrible in it.

I do however wish him well and I hope he finds his feet again.

Edited by kowenicki

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the reason Jones is going is purely because he is on a decent wage. I think its because his attitude and work rate since Sheridan arrived has been shocking. Last few home games he has been hiding, there has been no doubt in my mind. He has been woeful for me this year. I think Sheridan alluded to it after one of the last few games, cant recall which, where he was beyond terrible in it.

I do however wish him well and I hope he finds his feet again.

I'm sure Sheridan made a comment about his rib injury after the Barnsley game

Wasn't it announced on the radio last year that Winch was given a 2.5 year contract? So would have another year to go? Weird.

I can understand releasing Jones, but I would have kept him, we've seen he's good enough. Poleon, though.....

No big surprises, writing was on the wall for most of them a while back.

Big Jones fan but thought his non-celebration vs Chesterfield was odd, can seeing him tipping up at Bury or Rochdale.

Croft and B. Wilson good lads in the dressing room, important aspect.

No chance of Forte or Poleon staying on if recent trend for reduced budget continues.

My main concerns are:

1) We are releasing Jones but are stuck with Brown, Murphy & Cassidy!

2) Shez is making the decisions and he may not even be here at the start of next season. I hope the club has has some assurances from him even if they are not being made public that he will be still be here. Another manager might like some of the ones we are letting go

Agree with point one. Sorry to see Jones go, but there did seem to be a little tension with Sheridan. It's a squad game, and he's a very useful player to have around. Brown and Murphy need to be listed (and that's being polite about Brown). I'd give Eva another go. Got off to a bad start. I'm also surprised we're not offering Tim a better deal. He's been a rock over the last two months.

I presume the lads we have offered new contracts, will have a date set for their answer anyone know what or when this is?

1st June / July is usually when the players contracts are up, but I hope it will be before then, so Shez is not being messed about and risk the chance of losing out on some players he could get in.

With regards to the players who we have options on or are still under contract it may well be that the club is trying to negotiate longer contracts rather than just take the one year option that the club has hopefully this the case for Tim Dieng,

No way should Jones have been released.

Awful decision.

Not based on his performances this season.

This. Jones has simply lost interest in playing for Oldham and a move is best for both parties. Last season he just didn't seem interested. Still gave us some good memories. Thanks and all the best Jonesy.

No big surprises, writing was on the wall for most of them a while back.

Big Jones fan but thought his non-celebration vs Chesterfield was odd, can seeing him tipping up at Bury or Rochdale.

Croft and B. Wilson good lads in the dressing room, important aspect.

No chance of Forte or Poleon staying on if recent trend for reduced budget continues.

No chance of Forte or Poleon staying on if recent trend for reduced budget continues...........

Perhaps that's what they want because there's no way Sheridan's 6 or 7 new players could be financed by the released list to date!

I could think of a great argument for Mike Jones....

something like how the fkn hell can you try and keep Lee Croft but release Mike Jones!? :crackpot:

Because you always get a shift out of Croft and his ball retention is excellent. If Croft comes back fit I think he's a very able CM.

Mike Jones has been poor this season and apart from a couple of key goals has done very little.

A fully fit Croft would be one of our better players no doubt, so if his deal is dependent on getting and staying fit I'm in.

Croft has talent we all know this but can someone tell mesomething he has done in league fixtures in his last 2 spells that would make me think he is worth it. Everybody tells me he is over weight and today for the first time I'm reading he is the better option than Jones based on 4 appearances at the end of season where he scored 0 goals, assisting 0 goals.

Edited by palmer1