Our Released list

Winnie flatters to deceive constantly. Borderline hypochondriac who cuts his knee and is out for three weeks. Far too much expectation and subsequent responsibility is placed on a player who is unable to wear either with any authority.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard the news that you have released Michael Jones ... and I'm shocked!

What's going on?

I wouldn't be surprised if we make a move on him.

Like to see Jonah back at Gigg Lane.

If he does sign for Bury again im sure Flitcroft will tell everyone it becasue of the the fact he wants to play for Bury and not at all to do with the money. Just like all the others including Leon Clark etc. Never about the money :shifty:

Gutted to see Jones go, him and Kelly's partnership was one that looked to be getting stronger before being moved out onto left this season.

For however poor Jones has been this season, this move can't have helped, especially after Kelly and him had struck up a decent partnership, spearheaded by an in-form Winchester or Philliskirk...

These could be long-term casualties of our disastrous management decisions last season.

Jones' best spell for us came when he was playing on the left of a diamond with Kelly, Winchester and Philliskirk/Johnson...

We played some decent football using the diamond, the only downside was occasionally we would be caught too narrow, agree about Jones on the left side of it, seemed to suit him.

Guest nonaenever

Really sad to see Jones go - although it looks simply like a clash of personalities with the manager? - wasn't at his best last season for sure but a very good player at this level. Winchester - been a bloody joke for far too long - if he doesn't come flying out of the traps at the start of the season, I`ve seen enough of him personally. Sick of hearing about his "potential" - looks weak to me with sideways passing and shuffling - sincerely hope I`m proved wrong. Whatever happens, you simply have to trust Shez after the miracle he performed - simple as that really.

Perth have an average crowd over the last 10 seasons of about 9,000 and about 16,000 highest. But given that a local derby is a minimum of 28 hour drive (one way) or just short of 3 hours flying - ( over 4 hours flying and and 40 hours driving to Sydney) that's not to shabby. Hope the lad does well, my brother gave him rave reviews when he first joined us so I don't know what went wrong.

Perth have an average crowd over the last 10 seasons of about 9,000 and about 16,000 highest. But given that a local derby is a minimum of 28 hour drive (one way) or just short of 3 hours flying - ( over 4 hours flying and and 40 hours driving to Sydney) that's not to shabby. Hope the lad does well, my brother gave him rave reviews when he first joined us so I don't know what went wrong.

Puts things into perspective that... How do the players travel to games? Flights every week? Corney couldn't afford that